What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: LU Arsenal Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca_

Coach
Eduardo on target again for Croatia over night. The man's in form.

Darren Bent reckons we let Henry go on the cheap... - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...article_id=481511&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow
A few things in the comments there. I like - "We all know Darren isn't the brightest candle on the cake."

Going to be an interesting line-up to see for the spuds game. Plenty of players backing up from international duty and the Sevilla match a few days later. That game will be massive, 3 points in that should put us in a great position for qualification. Obviously they are the danger team in the group so a home win would be real handy!

We still need to go in strong against T*tt*nh*m though. They have a boss who could well be on his way with another loss (especially if it's to us), they haven't had the greatest start to the season result wise and with it being 19 games since a win over us that home crowd will be right behind them. Going to be one tough match for us.

Main point of interest will be if we start with 2 up top or if Hleb gets that advanced role in support of RVP. Adebayor has had some good performances against the enemy and his running and attitude will be good for this match.

Would assume Gilberto plays along side Kolo if Gallas hasn't made it back. If that's the case I'd like to see Flamini play the holding role. He's a worker and not affraid to get stuck in. Going to need that.

Rosicky and Cesc obvious to start. Hoyte may get the right back role? Either that or Flamini will be there and Gilberto or someone else in the middle.

Think it's something like 6 out of the last 7 games have ended in draws at WHL in this fixture. Most of them 1-1. Even when we were right at the top it was hard to win there. Will be no different with this developing side. Will be edge of seat stuff for mine.

Dragooner

Bench
Going to WHL is always hard. Whether one team is coming 1st and the other is dead last...and that is how a good derby should be!

Dragooner

Bench
Manchester City bought:

Bianchi
Elano
Giovanni
and Corluka

For less then it cost Spews to by Bent!!!!

Whose been remotely succesful so far this season?

Stonecutter

First Grade
Darren Bent is behind Keane, Berbatov, Defoe. Smart move buddy. Enjoy the bench and if you were in our team, the reserves. :)

Macca_

Coach
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...a+returns+for+Tottenham+but+quartet+ruled+out
Sagna returns for Tottenham but quartet ruled out
Tottenham H. v Arsenal
Barclays Premier League
White Hart Lane
Sat, Sep 15, 2007, 1.30pm
By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger has only Bacary Sagna back from injury for the North London derby on Saturday.

Speaking to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon the Arsenal manager ruled out William Gallas (groin), Philippe Senderos (suspended), Emmanuel Eboue (ankle) and Jens Lehmann (elbow). That means Gilberto is likely to fill-in at centre back if the Brazilian comes back unscathed from his long trips over international week.

“Bacary Sagna is available again,” said Wenger. “He still has some pain but he should be OK if needed.

“However we won't have William Gallas available because it is too early for him. He could not play for France and will not be available for us. Of course, Philippe Senderos suspended for one game. Emmanuel Eboue is still out too. He has not recovered from his ankle injury.

“Jens Lehmann pulled out of the second German game. His elbow has blown up, it is bad bruising so we have to be patient with him.”

The injuries mean Kolo Toure is the only fit and established central defender in his squad.

“The centre half position?” said Wenger. “Gilberto is available I hope because he has played in that position recently. Then we will see. After that I have Alex Song who has played in this position and Justin Hoyte too.”

Arsenal TV Online subscribers will be able to see the full interview on Friday. In it, Arsène Wenger talks about: international week, when we can expect players to return, the pressure on Martin Jol, the importance of North London derbies in a title campaign and his fantastic record against Spurs.

[ Thursday, September 13, 2007]
Sagna at right back, Gilberto centre back and Flamini to join Cesc in the middle of the park.

Hleb and Tom on the flanks, RVP and Ade up top. Clichy and Kolo the other 2 in defence with Blondie in goals.

One change to that may be Diaby into the middle of the park with Hleb having advanced role (Big Ad on bench).

Macca_

Coach
Yeah he made comment after the Portsmouth game about not knowing why he didn't make the bench. Hopefully he pulls his head in other wise he can f**k off. He won't get far with AW if he goes talking in the press like that.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
The guy just wants 1st team football, fair enough. I imagine he was under the impression he would get a few starts.

But stupid idea going public. We're only a few games into the season for starters. He'll get a start in the CC and most likely early next year when Ade is away with Togo.

Someone slap him over the back of the head, he's showing his age thats for sure.

Macca_

Coach
Yep, going public ain't the way. Especially with AW who obviously rates him highly if giving him a 5 year contract is anything to go by.

The Danes time will come.

Dragooner

Bench
I'd like to see this at WHL:

-------------Almunia--------------
-Sagna-Toure-Gilberto-Clichy--
-Hleb-Fabregas-Flamini-Rosicky-
-------------Eduardo--------------
---------------RVP----------------

Bench:

Lehman
Hoyte
Diaby
Walcott
Abedayor

Dudu has been in great form for his country and needs to get a start...Almunia needs to keep his starting spot, dont give it straight back to Jens! Also Flamini was very good the other day so he should start over Viera jnr (Diaby).

As for Nicklas...someone go and tell him that he isn't going to walk into the squad! If he wants a place he will have to work for it! And he shouldn't forget...Ade is going to the African Cup of Nations so he should be able to get a bench spot then...

RedVGooner

Juniors
Saint Dragon said:
I'd like to see this at WHL:

-------------Almunia--------------
-Sagna-Toure-Gilberto-Clichy--
-Hleb-Fabregas-Flamini-Rosicky-
-------------Eduardo--------------
---------------RVP----------------

Bench:

Lehman
Hoyte
Diaby
Walcott
Abedayor

Dudu has been in great form for his country and needs to get a start...Almunia needs to keep his starting spot, dont give it straight back to Jens! Also Flamini was very good the other day so he should start over Viera jnr (Diaby).

As for Nicklas...someone go and tell him that he isn't going to walk into the squad! If he wants a place he will have to work for it! And he shouldn't forget...Ade is going to the African Cup of Nations so he should be able to get a bench spot then...

i think adebayor will start ahead of dudu, i dont think wenger will put dudu in this kind of clash, its too early for him

n for nicklas he just needs to be patient n he is onli 19 sooo theres still time for him

Dragooner

Bench
Same here...last time I checked strikers needed to be able to finish.

And Superloco, what you said is true...didn't take that into account. Dudu won't be wary of the aggresion and pace in this game...but he has been in excellent form for Croatia, 3 goals in there last 2 games!

RedVGooner

Juniors
Twizzle said:
no team changes are gonna help you now boys

COYS

funny thing is that Gardner, lennon n even ur 16m flop bent is bak in the sqaud

we got the same squad n ur team in changin lol

but doesnt matter we still beat yous

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
as long as my you know what points to the ground, I will never understand why we paid $16mill for a bench player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts