What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: LU Arsenal Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Macca_ said:
Ah i get it now!

Bent and 16 in the same sentance.

:lol::lol:

And to think, that's how much we got for Thierry.

Great f*cking game. I'm glad it's a Saturday, as I woke my house up several times. Now I have to try and somehow get to sleep as I have to be up at 7ish tomorrow for work.

A-de-Ba-yor stepped up in a MASSIVE way. Hugely impressed, that volley was absolute class. Cesc seems to be a man of his word, the quote stating he'll be looking for more goals this season is ringing in my ears.:) He is our top scorer so far!

Sp*rs a tad unlucky not to equalize through Bent, but f*ck, that's what you get when you pay a mediocre douche a sh*tload of money, it never pays off. The better side definetly won.

MOTM - Adebayor.

Fabregas and Toure not far off.

Disappointing - RVP? Hleb and Gilbs.

To be fair to Gilbs, he was fatigued and not playing in his usual position. I hope AW is regretting the Djourou loan, he would have come in quite handy right about now.

RVP needs a swift kick up the backside, his one chance was fair, he played a few decent support passes but did not even look interested. Not the kind of thing you want from your top striker on derby day.

Top of the table:D

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Where are the Jens haters now?

Sure he has the odd brain snap, but more often than not his judgment and decision making are sot on.

Could not say the same for Manuel tonight. Bring back Jens!

Manny is a great #2, but I can't see him being #1 on a fulltime basis.

Macca_

Coach
The other 2 volleys Ade hit in the first half were sweet connections too!

I wasn't overly disappointed with Van Persie. He linked up well a number of times and it was more Ade getting into the attacking areas whereas in other games it may have been RVP.

RVP just savin up the goals for Sevilla!

Speaking of Sevilla. It's on ESPN on Thursday afternoon at 1pm. Only a half a day to avoid the score and then watch or tape...

Macca_

Coach
CC_Eagle said:
Manny is a great #2, but I can't see him being #1 on a fulltime basis.
Maybe right.

However Almunia has saved us a few times in recent games and he made some good ones today as well.

He hasn't cost us a goal like Jens has :lol:

Macca_

Coach
I missed hearing it, but apparently this went round pretty clear -

"you are getting sacked in the morning, you are getting sacked in the morning"

If Bolton or Reading win, the spuds are in the bottom 3. Both trailing at the minute though.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
True!

But it could have easily happened tonight.

I'd rather Jens drop a ball against Fulham than make a few bad decisions and cost us a derby game.

Macca_

Coach
He dropped a ball against Blackburn. The Fulham one was when he gave them the ball :lol:

We'd be 5 from 5 if he hadn't spilt that one at Rovers. Oh well.

I'm happy with either in there personally.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Macca_ said:
I missed hearing it, but apparently this went round pretty clear -

If Bolton or Reading win, the spuds are in the bottom 3. Both trailing at the minute though.

Bolton and Reading won.

Never the less -

Arsenal 1st - 13 pts

Tottenham 14 - 4 points

Macca_

Coach
Bolton are down 1-0 and Reading are down 2-0...

Wow, t*tt*nh*m have 1 win from 6 games. That's not very good is it.

Macca_

Coach
Macca_ said:
Speaking of Sevilla. It's on ESPN on Thursday afternoon at 1pm. Only a half a day to avoid the score and then watch or tape...
Just checked the SBS site. They are showing it as their second game at 7am! Sweet.

RedVGooner

Juniors
CC_Eagle said:

And to think, that's how much we got for Thierry.

Great f*cking game. I'm glad it's a Saturday, as I woke my house up several times. Now I have to try and somehow get to sleep as I have to be up at 7ish tomorrow for work.

A-de-Ba-yor stepped up in a MASSIVE way. Hugely impressed, that volley was absolute class. Cesc seems to be a man of his word, the quote stating he'll be looking for more goals this season is ringing in my ears.:) He is our top scorer so far!

Sp*rs a tad unlucky not to equalize through Bent, but f*ck, that's what you get when you pay a mediocre douche a sh*tload of money, it never pays off. The better side definetly won.

MOTM - Adebayor.

Fabregas and Toure not far off.

Disappointing - RVP? Hleb and Gilbs.

To be fair to Gilbs, he was fatigued and not playing in his usual position. I hope AW is regretting the Djourou loan, he would have come in quite handy right about now.

RVP needs a swift kick up the backside, his one chance was fair, he played a few decent support passes but did not even look interested. Not the kind of thing you want from your top striker on derby day.

Top of the table:D

i actually thought that van persie n hleb played well today and i dont think they did anythin wrong today and why didnt dudu play today? i dont think he was even in the bench?

did he get injured durin the international duties

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Oh now don't think RVP had a bad game, at the time I was just a tad pissed that he didn't get more involved.

It was just quiet for him thats all. He did nothing wrong exactly, Arsene had probably planned to have him play a more hold up role and let Ade roam forward.

Dudu probably still a bit fatigued.

Dragooner

Bench
Great Stuff...the neighbours came over when Cesc scored :lol:

They weren't happy, nor were my parents and sisters :lol:

But great stuff!

RVP didn't really play that bad in my eyes. He wasn't playing as an attacking threat, he was more feeding Ade.

Hleb started off shocking...and probably should have got a touch on Bale's free-kick. But he lifted his game and ended up playing rather well.

Gilbs was shocking! Would have cost us a couple of goals if that 16mil dollar flop that is Bent could finish!

Almunia vs Lehman. Bad sides of Almunia's game were...he could have stopped Bale's free-kick if he dived earlier and made shocking decisions at times!

Lehman will get my vote of confidence now. He makes better decisions than Almunia despite the odd mistake.

Also, I think Dudu was absent due to the fact that he has just played in 2 internationals...takes ish*t out of you, e.g. Gilberto!

Great Stuff anyway!

Can't wait to see Twiz, Tiger and Feelin Hornby put our colours on!

RedVGooner

Juniors
give fabianski a goo in goals lol

yea as for Twiz, Tiger and Feelin Hornby , its about time ur wearin ur true colours lol, how long do they have to put that on hmmm 2 weeks lol

and still cnt get over how that 16m flop bent missed that shot one on one, come on now my mum couldve done better hahahahaha

NK Arsenal

Juniors
what a night in football.
arsenal win, matildas win and so do the mighty newcastle jets!
the wallabies won too, i was up till 1 watching that :lol:

Macca_

Coach
Yes, was going to mention Sagna. A lot of players take a little bit of time to adapt the EPL. Sagna has slotted straight in and looks the gun. Another AW gem signing for sure.

A number of players could have got MOTM.

Cesc controlled the centre and score a cracker.

Clichy, Kolo and Sagna were great in defence.

Adebayor had a stormer and got 2 deserved goals. He loves the totts.

And I thought Flamini once again done a very good job in the middle. He's our new Ray Parlour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts