What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: LU Arsenal Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MONY

Juniors
Mind you, they were playing Southend who in all honesty are not really much chop.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
I watched the game, he aint nowhere near PL standard.
I saw that the crowd for the game was about 10,000 the place was nearly packed. Would be interesting if Southend made the EPL (even though not going to happen), what they'd do for a stadium.

Macca_

Coach
Good win from the lads (2-0)

What about the cross from Eboue for Henry to slot a perfect header into the bottom corner. What the hell was that :lol: Arsenal adding a new dimension to our attack :lol:

Good finish from Hleb for the 2nd goal. Good lead up play too.

Onwards we go. Bring on a London derby this weekend.

MONY

Juniors
Yeah I watched the game V Porto. As usual, Rosicky looked great.

Van Persie should have scored that goal. He needed to shoot bottom corner with his left foot instead of blasting it with his right. Oh well 2-0 was a fair result.

Macca_

Coach
I've always liked Rosicky and was so happy when he signed for us. And doesn't he look great. And for 6m pounds? :lol:

Another good buy is Gallas. Had another strong game. Hopefully his hammy ain't to bad. The international week may have come at a good time for us this time. After Charlton we have 2 weeks till the next fixture, so hopefull Bill will be back for that.

Van Persie was involved in a fair bit of the play in the first half. Just looked to lack that bit of confidence. Would love to see a couple go in for him as he's a real talent and one of those players that lives on confidence. Won't stop him once he nets a few.

Henry really looked sharp and it looks as though that second half against Sheffield United was a turning point for him. He's 'got going' so to speak. That left back from Porto will be having nightmares till xmas about Henry running at him :lol:

Fabregas for a 19 year old looks a seasoned warrior in the heart of that midfield now. He was everywhere. What a player we have in young Fab4. Hail the future skipper.

Gilberto was imense again. He is so important to out play.

Thought Hoyte had a good game. Very much right sided though, so done a good job on the left coming in late with Djourou picking up a knock before kick off.

Jens had sweet fa to do.

Toure done the norm. Class player.

Freddy looked up to it again when he came on. I think the threat young Theo has put on him has given him a much needed kick along. We need to be getting some goals from midfield again like Pires/Ljungberg used to provide and with Rosicky here, a few from Fred would be good.

And Eboue! What can you say. Lauren best get used to the bench when he gets fit. Super cross for Henrys goal and it was his cross for Henrys header against Sheff United too. Good right back this fella.

Liking Hleb more and more. Showed glimpses last season about what he could bring to the team and in the matches this season he's looked a very good player. Great close control and likes to take on defenders. Good finish too for his goal.

All in all, a good team performance. Getting stronger by the game. If we can get 3 points from the Valley on Saturday, that'll be 4 wins on the trot and sets us up for a good run into xmas after the international break.

mike83au

Juniors
MONY said:
Yeah I watched the game V Porto. As usual, Rosicky looked great.

Van Persie should have scored that goal. He needed to shoot bottom corner with his left foot instead of blasting it with his right. Oh well 2-0 was a fair result.

Yeah, that's fantastic.

Make sure you put it down as an annual leave day on your timesheet. You've run out of sick days.

Macca_

Coach
mike83au said:
Make sure you put it down as an annual leave day on your timesheet. You've run out of sick days.
:lol: I had the day off yesterday :D Need a break everynow and then.

MONY

Juniors
Bosingwa it was. He couldnt make a tackle even if he was playing rugby league with a tackle box.

Macca_

Coach
Sign him up! :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/5387774.stm

Dein offers Wenger 'job for life'

Wenger has won seven trophies in 10 years at Arsenal
Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has promised Arsene Wenger a job for life as he celebrates his 10th anniversary as manager of the Gunners.
Dein said: "We want him for the rest of his career. If he wanted to give up the tracksuit he'd be invaluable in the boardroom in a technical role."

Wenger, 57, insists he has no thoughts of retiring, saying: "We have a young team and want to continue developing.

"Reaching the Champions League final last season gave us belief."

During his time with Arsenal, Wenger has won the Premiership three times and lifted the FA Cup on four occasions - including two Doubles.

He has also seen the club move to their new 60,000-capacity Emirates Stadium.

Wenger added: "I listened to Tony Blair on the television and when he said that '10 years ago we started' I thought for a moment he was talking about me!

"He talked about how the world had changed in that time and our world has changed here too. The stadium is a concrete sign that we are going in the right direction."

Macca_

Coach
Gotta love the lad -

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...as+-+I+know+I+must+repay+Wenger's+faith+in+me

Fabregas - I know I must repay Wenger's faith in me
By Richard Clarke

Cesc Fabregas could prove to be Arsène Wenger’s greatest discovery.

The Frenchman had a reputation for unearthing prodigious talent long before he was officially announced as the new Arsenal manager 10 years ago today.

At Monaco he had shown faith in a gangly, young striker called George Weah. The Liberian went on to global success at Milan and won the FIFA World Player of the Year Award in 1995. He later gave the trophy to Wenger as a token of his appreciation.

Since then the 56-year-old has found the likes of Nicolas Anelka, Gael Clichy and Philippe Senderos as well as rejuvenating the careers of Patrick Vieira, Marc Overmars, Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry. But, given his youth and his consistency, it is just possible that Fabregas might supersede them all.

Brought over to Arsenal in September 2003 at just 16, he became the Club’s youngest player and scorer within a couple of months. Still only 19, he is fast becoming the midfield fulcrum that pushes the side. But the player himself knows he is still in debt to his manager.

“I will always say nice and positive things about the boss because he has been the most important influence in my short career,” remarked Fabregas.

“He believed in the scouts, took me here and made me train with the first team when I was 16 years old. I was there alongside Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira so I was lucky to learn from the big players. For me it was a very big step forward.

“I made my debut at 16 and then I was sometimes in the Champions League squad. For me it was a great experience.

“When I was 17 I was lucky because Patrick was injured, Edu was with the Brazilian squad and came back late so I had a chance to play. He took the risk to put me on.

“I have to thank him for that but now I know I have to pay him back for what he has done for me.”

Macca_

Coach
novacastrian_panther said:
And re-sign Fabregas for 15 years! :p
Well he has a contract till 2014 now... :lol:

And his apprentice is on the way :D

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=136406
Merida To Follow In Fabregas’ Footsteps?
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger may just have uncovered another jewel from Barcelona’s youth academy.

Gunners star Cesc Fabregas was brought over at the age of 15 from Catalonia and has been a revelation in the Arsenal first-team.

Now fellow midfielder Merida, 16, has followed in his footsteps.
He has already played twice in the club’s reserve team, scoring once and inspiring a comeback against bitter rivals Tottenham.

Reserve team manager Neil Banfield told the club website earlier this month: "Fran's a smashing player. He's come in, he's settled in, he's one of the lads and I can't speak highly enough of him.
"He's got a fantastic attitude, and he's a really good footballer. He's only 16, and he's got that spirit that we like."

Note - poor choice of words that :lol:

MONY

Juniors
I'm sure he will go out on loan next season to most likely a Championship club.

Macca_

Coach
Good win away from home, could hav ebeen a bigger margian by all reports.

2-1 will do. 5 wins on the spin going into the international break.

Macca_ said:
Van Persie was involved in a fair bit of the play in the first half. Just looked to lack that bit of confidence. Would love to see a couple go in for him as he's a real talent and one of those players that lives on confidence. Won't stop him once he nets a few.

Robin Van Persie double from last night vs Charlton.
Second goal is an absolute screamer!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Kt5Wxr7qA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui7fpiHwsIM

Macca_ said:
And Eboue! What can you say. Lauren best get used to the bench when he gets fit. Super cross for Henrys goal and it was his cross for Henrys header against Sheff United too. Good right back this fella.

Another gun cross for a goal. He's getting better and better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui7fpiHwsIM

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Chelsea slipped up again. Man U on top but hardly that impressive. Are we half a chance at Premiership glory or will Chelsea eventually stroll away with the trophy?

Macca_

Coach
Long long way to go.

I've said from the start with our young squad still coming along, the cups are deffinately our go this season. Top 4 finish is a MUST in the league. Can we win it? Well as I say still a long way to go. Going to be form slumps and runs from all the big guns, hopefully we are in the mix when we are looking at 8 games to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts