What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: Superthread 7 VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martli

Coach
Man, that sucks about the doggies.

Looks like i'll be supporting the strom/David Kidwell & Jake Webster if they make the grand final.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
beer4breakfast_small.gif

[furrycat]

Coach
Very poor result imo. We had the game done and dusted and second half just switched off.

Broncos won't win the comp- the dogs choked and lost the game, broncos did not win.

Winner of tonight will be the 2006 NRL premiers.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i love 50/50s... the cricket variety... this series has been f**king awesome BECAUSE they were low scoring i hate the bloody slogfests. There needs to be more pitches like the one at kinrara.

roosters06

Juniors
no.2_lukeburt said:
i love 50/50s... the cricket variety... this series has been f**king awesome BECAUSE they were low scoring i hate the bloody slogfests. There needs to be more pitches like the one at kinrara.

i think its a welcome change, but i have no problem with the slogfests either, it still makes for entertaining viewing - and the audience gets a chance to marvel at the players skills.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
fine let them slog, but dont make pitches that are as flat as a surfboard, especially in OZ where the swing is limited, let them show their 'skills' by smashing them on a pitch where the bowlers have a chance.

roosters06

Juniors
no.2_lukeburt said:
fine let them slog, but dont make pitches that are as flat as a surfboard, especially in OZ where the swing is limited, let them show their 'skills' by smashing them on a pitch where the bowlers have a chance.

ive got no problems with that.

What i really want to see though, particularly in Australia, is pitches that give both teams a chance. For example, i dont want to see every pitch in Australia come the Ashes playing like the WACA, just because the English are used to lower bouncing wickets.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaint
Georrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrge !

lockyno1

Post Whore
I agree burty. I hate pitches and matches in general that are as flat as the Hume Highway! Make the pitches have a bit in them for the bowlers as well! It shouldn't be like playing baseball! As for the Ashes...I couldn't care if every pitch was like the WACA, as long as we win them!

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
roosters06 said:
ive got no problems with that.

What i really want to see though, particularly in Australia, is pitches that give both teams a chance. For example, i dont want to see every pitch in Australia come the Ashes playing like the WACA, just because the English are used to lower bouncing wickets.

f**k, even the WACA doesmt play like the waca anymore, its more batsman friendly these days. I would love to see the return to the traditional type grounds. like...

Gabba - Seams alot, but settles down to a belter to bat on, with decent bounce wtc.

WACA - Go back to the extreme pace and bounce.

Adelaide - Spin friendly, but essentially batsman friendly

Melbourne - A English type pitch.

Sydney - This is the only pitch IMO which hasnt changed that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.