What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A 77 point turnaround is what we need.

MSKnight

Juniors
Oh the knights, thinking that the eels will come to your aid considering the thrashing you gave us earlier on in the year lol. If we are not ahead by enough points with 70 to go, we should just throw the game to the warriors so you don't make the eight lol

why not, story of your season i suppose.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Come on fellas let 2008 go.......

66e691e1ba6b431edb2c80381c72215c234b27b1

Stagger eel

Staff member
The margin in the differentials between us and the Knights is 76 points. In order to make the finals, we need:

*Penrith to drop one game;

*The combined total of our victory against the Warriors and the Knights' loss to the Broncos to be 77 points.

Good thing is that the Knights v Broncos game is on Friday night next week so we'll know exactly what we need to do to the Warriors by the time we kick off next Saturday.

So let's all cross our fingers, say our prayers and get out to the game next weekend and cheer the boys home, and into the 2008 NRL Finals Series!

that's lesson number 1 completed children, the bottom line is..do not take drugs.

Twigg

Juniors
Look guys I know it's a frustrating season for you guys but it is possible.

But you guys also have to put in the effort to beat the Warriors. Don't do what you did against Dragons yesterday.

Look:

I hear the Warriors have a hoodoo and haven't beaten the Eels at Parra since 1995. Don't forget they are a diferent team away from home.

We have the wood on the knights. Last time we played them at Suncorp. 71-6.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Look guys I know it's a frustrating season for you guys but it is possible.

But you guys also have to put in the effort to beat the Warriors. Don't do what you did against Dragons yesterday.

Look:

I hear the Warriors have a hoodoo and haven't beaten the Eels at Parra since 1995. Don't forget they are a diferent team away from home.

We have the wood on the knights. Last time we played them at Suncorp. 71-6.

I will be barracking like there is no tomorrow for you lol. You never know, if we are in with a shot on the Saturday the desperate eels could emerge. A rare breed in 08, but you know.

Last edited:

Fathead

Bench
The only thing that a miracle will bring us is

1. A meeting with the Storm = Thrashing
2. Fitzy telling Hages that he has had a successful season and offering him 2 more years.

Please please let the season go.

bartman

Immortal
Warriors will be primed to send out Wiki on a winning note.

And our team will be motivated to...? motivated by...? Hmmm, that's the mystery of the six weeks in July-early August where we had the chance to spark our season and left it too late, still unsolved to this day.

I'll be there supporting them, but am not expecting any sort of win.

Nikki

Coach
Im only going coz I would love a photo with Ruben Wiki and to catch up with Mick Witt.

And of course, the Might Magpies are playing!!! :D

pantherz9103

First Grade
I actually for your sake would hope for a loss so Hagan might get sacked. At Penrith they're doing their best or 'worst' should I say to make sure Elliot gets the flick, lol. I think the Knights are most deserving of a top 8 place on their overall performances compared to Warriors and Eels. But atleast you guys still have a mathematical chance and some hope, however far fetched it may be.

Eelectrica

Referee
I actually for your sake would hope for a loss so Hagan might get sacked. At Penrith they're doing their best or 'worst' should I say to make sure Elliot gets the flick, lol. I think the Knights are most deserving of a top 8 place on their overall performances compared to Warriors and Eels. But atleast you guys still have a mathematical chance and some hope, however far fetched it may be.

Maybe Shane Hayne will be the ref and he'll send a whole heap of Warriors players off, like he did in that Sharks game a few years back.

Win lose or draw next Saturday Hagan will be our coach next year. At least next year we'll know going in that we're going to suck so expectations will be suitably lowered.

lowrie_4_origin

Juniors
dA knites will loos by 74-6 and then well beat the warriors by 40. i think we will make the playy offs.
plus io have a lil inside knowledge!! trust me, will flog dem!

bradeel

Juniors
dA knites will loos by 74-6 and then well beat the warriors by 40. i think we will make the playy offs.
plus io have a lil inside knowledge!! trust me, will flog dem!

dude, I love your optimism but I dont really understand what 'inside knowledge' you could have that would mean that the Knights lose by enough and we win by enough points to qualify for the top 8.

I'm curious at the very least. What have you been told? That the Knights have agreed that making finals was a dumb idea so they are going to let Brisbane win by 76? And then the Warriors will contract some sort of killer strain of lice in the beards that they have all been growing and they'll have to send out their Under 12s team, giving us an outside chance of snatching a narrow 1 point victory to go through?

Swiftstylez

Bench
The most realistic situation of us getting in the top eight, not that there is one, is the Knights losing by 20 to 30 points to the Broncos, and us giving it to the Warriors.

I'd love to see everyone spring to life around here more than anything. Even if the Broncos only win by 10 or 20, it will at least make the game exciting LOL Maybe Hagan might let them play a different brand of footy that absolutely decapitates the opposition.

This lowrie_4_origin guy is the real deal Michael Hagan. Hages, just let our attack do the talking on Saturday. Forget about the D, just take the chances we haven't been taking all season.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
The most realistic situation of us getting in the top eight, not that there is one, is the Knights losing by 20 to 30 points to the Broncos, and us giving it to the Warriors.

I'd love to see everyone spring to life around here more than anything. Even if the Broncos only win by 10 or 20, it will at least make the game exciting LOL Maybe Hagan might let them play a different brand of footy that absolutely decapitates the opposition.

If the Kniughts do get thrashed we will have to remind the dumc*nt that we can still make it and not find out later at the post match press conference.