What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A big KUDOS to Matt Keating

juneauquan

Juniors
The 40-20 was a thing of absolute beauty
... at a time the team needed it
... and setting up the winning field goal

Matt has quickly become a key component to this team's success AND if he continues to improve and evolve he could develop into a representative player.

Kudos, Matt!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Good call.

He was outstanding.

His dummy-half service is slick and we look a lot sharper with him at the position than with Piggsy.

Riddell's defence is far superior (at this stage), but I think his minutes at hooker need to keep reducing in favour of Keating!

spiderdan

Bench
i gotta say i am very impressed with mk so far this year. i didn't know much about him before this season as most of the attention was on kk (who played well last week at pivot).

i thought pj was a good player and found his feet playing at rake but i my opinion matt looks like he has even more ability. his form has justified letting pj leave.

V1er

Juniors
Matt seems to be one of those players who fly under the radar in lower grades, but come of age when they get into the NRL. He's been consistently our best this year IMO.

oldmancraigy

Coach
is it just me or does remind you of a young Cameron Smith?

Big call!

But he looks good as he steps out of dummy half with the ball in both hands
Spiral passes either way
Gets the ball in front of the big men
Can kick a little
High defensive workload
Backs his judgement

He's got a long way to go, but I'm with spiderdan in saying that I'm ok with PJ leaving to give Keating the minutes!

Kornstar

Coach
Seriously, how far has this kid come since last season? At the start of last season i would have said he was a solid hooker who may play a game of NRL here and there.

By the end of last season he was someone who you would have tipped to play alot of NRL, after the Roosters trial this year and his form since i wouldn't be surprised to see him get Rookie of the Year and become a rep player in a few years.

It is great that he is a local junior aswell!

strider

Post Whore
yeeeehaaaa!!!!

actually - tbh he reminds me of cory hughes ... sorry - I know i've ruined it for everyone now :( ..... little terrier type .... he's the not-a-prick version of cory hughes

caylo

Bench
i think he looks similar to Kris Keating..... ;-)

They may be brother but they look nothing alike tbh. Matty looks more like Cam Smith, while Kris looks like the Milky Bar kid. :D
I think Kris is the spurn of the Milk Man ;)

Latest posts