What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few of my Parra YOUTUBE videos. I have 50 now. Newly ripped

Eel Fanatic

Juniors
Hi all.

Check my videos, and say gday ! :)

I should add that most of them are 80's.

There's also a good Bash'em up North Sydney Final in there along with one against the Roosters. (sometimes the video quality/sound flakes out)

Still going through many tapes, who knows what i'll find !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHk6o_h3AsY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ezKxtIJ8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oObbWQK9JnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHHTZctBd6Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buLzCaSB3jk

Last edited:

Eel Fanatic

Juniors
no worries guys, enjoy.

This was also a great great clincher in the dying moments of the game, Typically it was Brett kenny with all the time in the world and pulling out the exact right play.

I remember listening to the game on the radio being called by peter Peters and Greg hartley and we all held our breathe because they were so caught up in the excitement that they forgot to call where on the park the ball was... all you could hear them scream was there's 2 minutes, 2 minutes for a miracle ! then Bert just casually does what he does lol just bonkas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmUuBSrC0wM

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
how awesome is the Kenny-Ella v penrith one

look, if some of those tries were scored today, particularly the one you mentioned the gen y'ers would be saying it was greatest try in history..and they were playing under a 5 metre rule back then...amazing stuff.

Gordy

Juniors
no worries guys, enjoy.

This was also a great great clincher in the dying moments of the game, Typically it was Brett kenny with all the time in the world and pulling out the exact right play.

I remember listening to the game on the radio being called by peter Peters and Greg hartley and we all held our breathe because they were so caught up in the excitement that they forgot to call where on the park the ball was... all you could hear them scream was there's 2 minutes, 2 minutes for a miracle ! then Bert just casually does what he does lol just bonkas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmUuBSrC0wM

Great stuff Eel Fanatic.:thumb

Great memories. :cool:

Captain BF

Juniors
Great job Eel Fanatic! The videos show why that team in that period is still so highly thought of. It also shows what footy is lacking these days and why Parra was so popular in 09 when we played entertaining footy. The Tigers in 05 also.

Suitman

Post Whore
look, if some of those tries were scored today, particularly the one you mentioned the gen y'ers would be saying it was greatest try in history..and they were playing under a 5 metre rule back then...amazing stuff.

It's a good point that.

Anyhow, good stuff Fanatic. Love seeing the old stuff.
Kenny, Ella and Grothe were more than magical, they were genius.
We all love to go to the footy these days and hope that Hayne delivers some magic. Nearly every week, he does something, that will live in our memory, be it a pass, chip, 40/20 or scintillating run. Not to mention a try saving tackle.
Back then, and I'm not kidding, we had these three blokes who could pull off any sort of genius at any given time, and would do so on a weekly basis. That's without mentioning Sterlo, Price and Cronin who would just help these guys get the job done.

I know i'll die a happy man, having lived, breathed and consumed the Eels of the 80's. They were beyond belief.

Suity

TheParraboy

Staff member
It's a good point that.

We all love to go to the footy these days and hope that Hayne delivers some magic. Nearly every week, he does something, that will live in our memory, be it a pass, chip, 40/20 or scintillating run. Not to mention a try saving tackle.
Back then, and I'm not kidding, we had these three blokes who could pull off any sort of genius at any given time, and would do so on a weekly basis. That's without mentioning Sterlo, Price and Cronin who would just help these guys get the job done.

I know i'll die a happy man, having lived, breathed and consumed the Eels of the 80's. They were beyond belief.

Suity

oh stop it Suity, your bringing a tear to me eye

Avenger

Immortal
It's a good point that.

Suity

Sterling didn't just get the job done Suity. He was a genius playmaker. I agree with your last bit in bold.

PS. I think I can see myself as a 17 year old on the fence. I remember I was on the hill and Kenny ran straight towards me. The next day in the Daily Mirror the headline read "The Killing Fields." Parra 36 St George 6.

CrazyEel

Bench
It's a good point that.

Suity
Same here, from 76 to 86 was the best decade the Eels have known, 4 premierships and 7 grand finals (76,77, 81,82,83,84,86) and to top it off the thrill of just watching those guys weave such magic every weekend.

As you say, beyond belief.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kenny! Kenny! Kenny!

kenny460.jpg

strider

Post Whore
i remember the 80s but unfortunately i think i took it a bit for granted at the time and didn't realise how spoilt i was .... I f**king damn well do now though!!!

hybrideel

Bench
Those who were old enough to see that great run (i was 8 when we won in 86 and was too busy sliding down the hill on a piece of cardboard to watch the games) witnessed something that will never be seen again. There is no way in the salary cap era will we see a team will so much quality across the park as we had then. Pretty much the Australian backline, and the forward pack wasn't too shabby either

hybrideel

Bench
oh and BTW, awesome work Eel Fanatic,it was great watching all those clips. However you could have waited until after i'd finished my assignment