What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few positives but still alot of improvement left

caylo

Bench
Maroubra Eel said:
Yeah I see your point. He is a bit of a tricky bastard that Marshall.

Yer i agree, i still don't think it was a great play by marshall, reddy should have done better, that was the only glitch in his superb performance. Fullback of the future i do believe. What about timmies on handed pickup, that was just amazing play, loved it. was it just me or did timmy defend well.

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
i love it when benny runs of the line and targets someone

he tried it a few times last night and it payed off a bit

lucablight

First Grade
eels_fan_01 said:
F*ck me dead. We lose you complain, we win you complain. Although i agree it was an ugly win, they showed passion and grit to win it. Wasnt that what you dopes have asked for in round 1 well there you got it.

I personally thought Tim Smiths game was a 50% improvement and i liked what he did.

1 win from 3 is alot better than 3-0 so just take it.

Its early times but im likely the look of Feleti Mateo. I think he can cause even more trouble when Fui Fui plays as Fui Fui draws in defenders than he can go off the back of hes runs.

Sorry mate but you have no clue. Everybody is happy with the win but that doesn't mean we can't acknowledge it was a far from perfect performance. No one is complaining except for you.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Timmy Was ok last night a lot better then Finch, I have watched the game 3 times now and we weren't all that bad in defense and our attack was alright our last tackle options need improving and Timmy need to have a short passing game when attacking the oppositions line, Have someone run on the inside of him when running the ball put the defence in 2 minds (has someone got Sterlo's number so we can give it to Timmy).

eels_fan_01

Bench
lucablight said:
Sorry mate but you have no clue. Everybody is happy with the win but that doesn't mean we can't acknowledge it was a far from perfect performance. No one is complaining except for you.

Yeah, great post. Really needed to be said. :roll:

Eels should only get better from now. Hopefully Fui Fui and Grothe get back next week.

eel01s

Bench
Maybe they need to develop a few set plays?

Stuff from scrums say 30-40m out, or from taps after a penalty. Heck even on the 3rd or 4th tackle when on the attack?

Apart from not having enough depth when attacking, I feel both Smith and Finch rely too much on running across field and then passing back to an inside runner. I can't recall this move actually working, and it has become sooooo predictable. They need more decoy runners (bodies in motion as Sterlo calls it).

Latest posts