What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few thoughts on moderators

roopy

Referee
Firstly - it is a thankless job. It can be a lot of work - and, if you are doing it well - most people don't even know things are being done - like last week when we repelled the attacks of GoKnights for about the 20th time I think (with much help from Willow, twizzle and others).

I've had my finger on the pulse of the moderating of this section and the whole site as much as anyone i think - and I would rate the job antonius does as 10/10.
He is fair and evenhanded - but he is also very quick to see a problem and act for the good of everyone. When I was doing the job antonius is doing now, I liked to give people every chance to sort out problems themselves - and I used to get many, many pms from people telling me just to step in and sort out the problem. antonius has had very few complaints, and rightly so, because his judgement on when to step in and when to let problems ride is spot on, and on the rare occasions he makes mistakes, he is ready to apologise and make things right.

On the guest moderator thing - it was my idea, but I handed it to antonius to implement. My idea was to give lots of people a chance to see how moderating was done, so we would have people ready to do the job when we are ready to stand down, and just to give people a bit of a boost. it was supposed to be a very positive thing. In practice - it has been a problem nearly every time we have used it - which is not good.

Lastly - I'd like to say I am a fan of Gene Krupa. He proved he is a very capable guy by winning the survivor comp - which was really a great way for us to find out who amongst us has 'talent' at organising etc - and I am not reluctant to say I have been thinking of him as someone who could take on a leadership role in this forum someday soon. On the other hand, if anyone thinks it is fair to undermine antonius to support Gene - they are barking up the wrong tree. antonius has done a ton of work, and done it very, very well - and he has my total support for one.
cheers
roopy

Kaz

junior
Agree with you 100% apart from giving Tony 10/10. ;-) There is always room for improvement.

Just joking Tony.

So do I have a chance of being a Temp Mod in this section.

You know I will be fair to everyone. :lol:

thuganomics

Coach
roopy said:
Lastly - I'd like to say I am a fan of Gene Krupa. He proved he is a very capable guy by winning the survivor comp - which was really a great way for us to find out who amongst us has 'talent' at organising etc - and I am not reluctant to say I have been thinking of him as someone who could take on a leadership role in this forum someday soon. On the other hand, if anyone thinks it is fair to undermine antonius to support Gene - they are barking up the wrong tree. antonius has done a ton of work, and done it very, very well - and he has my total support for one.

I have to agree,
He was a great mod in the wrestling forum and is a great person

Gene Krupa

Referee
Thanks for the kind words, roopy.

I would like to clear the air.

I made the mistake of not going to the person I should have. I have learnt from my mistakes.

I have the utmost respect for Tony and all the moderators on LU.

I don't blame anyone but myself for the situation I'm in.

I appologise to Tony and the other Moderators.

Thanks.

I'll now resume normal transmissions! :D

roopy

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
Thanks for the kind words, roopy.

I would like to clear the air.

I made the mistake of not going to the person I should have. I have learnt from my mistakes.

I have the utmost respect for Tony and all the moderators on LU.

I don't blame anyone but myself for the situation I'm in.

I appologise to Tony and the other Moderators.

Thanks.

I'll now resume normal transmissions! :D
Very well said Gene.

I give tony 1/10. He just dosnt cut it imo. He is lucky i gave him that 1. And gene is just a stupid head.

The forum would be heaps better if myself and andy took over. I can imagine it now.. it would be awesome.

les norton

First Grade
And god help us all.... ;-)

It kind of made me sad to see some 'attacks' on tonys judgement since i've been on holidays. I, like roopy, kaz ect, 100% support Tony. He is a huge part of the reason our little section of LU runs so well.

Lets hope all goes back to normal....well maybe not normal. :D

CJG 182

Juniors
Alright now look. I have been a member for ages but just dont post much, mainly just read everything. I was on the old Knights forum as well and remember a lot of you including 'Tony from there as well ( i was under a different name then but anyway). He has always seemed a perfect guy for the moderating job and he has done a bloody good job. I believe i've hinted at a temp moderating job numerous times to see what its like but now that i see what kinda attitudes you cop i'm not sure i should have asked. Tony, Roopy you two have done a bloody good job and i support you 100%! :D And same goes for the rest of the Mods

antonius

Coach
I wasn’t going to comment on this (I think enough has been said already) This forum has been blessed with a bunch of people who in the past have got along well with each other and as such it has virtually moderated itself. For that reason some things that are close to the wind in here tend to sort themselves out, and die a natural death. Personal disputes are things that others don’t want to reading about, and I think should be sorted privately and that was what I attempted to do the other night when the moderator thing got out of hand rather than have it on the open forum, unfortunately that didn’t happen. No matter what some may think I hold no grudges towards Gene,misty or anyone else here, and never have, and in fact I thought along the same lines as Roopy in regards to Gene and moderating. I’ve been around this life long enough to know that holding grudges never gets anyone anywhere. I would hope that can be reciprocated, lets face it it’s the Internet, it’s not life or death, it’s here to be enjoyed by everyone. I sincerely hope that this little episode hasn’t reflected badly on Northey, she was the innocent party in all of it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I go away for a fortnight and now I've got no bloody idea what's going on.

Hope my northey is ok. :)

Latest posts