What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"...A Forum Statement to the board"

My fellow Dragons Supporters,

With season nearing the end and instead of preparing for our finals campaign we are preparing for a full internal / external review of all Football operations including coaching, recruitment, pathways blah blah, I thought it would be good to gather the sentiments of the most passionate of Dragon's fans with

Personally, whilst I strongly believe a change of head Coach is necessary, just "Dicing Pricing" is probably too simplistic.

I mean, what if they announce Paul MacGregor as his successor?

how would that sit with fans?

Imagine you are invited into the next Dragon's board meeting and had 30 seconds or less, or 30 words or less to say what you think they need to hear.

Maybe, we could consolidate it down to a consistent theme and a succinct message, then use that as the basis of a poll perhaps, and somehow put it to the Club. We can be another "objective perspective ...from across another channel"

Mine would simply be...

"We Need a new experienced Coach, now, and not one appointed from within"

It could be on Coaching, recruitment, admin - anything. We may well end up with more than one theme.

30 words or 30 seconds.

Post haste.

Gomarchin

Juniors
The fish rots from the head and unfortunately for our club - it stinks to high heaven. We need a new CEO, recruitment manager and no more 'jobs for the boys'. I won't even mention the coach - it goes without saying.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If the board are going to blame the roster the release a shit load of them and bring new players in because if Price is retained then we will be hearing the same rubbish about the coach not having the cattle. If the coach is to blame then bring in a new more experienced coach to take over. One or the other. Stick with the clown I mean coach or the squad. Not half way. Only replace a few players and wait till round 6 or 10 and see how they go. That would be a disaster.

TheRev

First Grade
The Football Club needs to be proactive. No more sitting on hands, no more jobs for the boys, when you sign players, lock them up quickly, and more investment into quality juniors

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
we need someone who's known ( or will be ) as a good coach, NOT a good bloke

Appointing Nathan Brown & Steve Price as rookie first grade coaches & both referred to as good blokes - HUGE mistakes, please learn from these lessons

Unlike Steve Price's repetitive press conferences, they need to learn from their lessons not just be taught lessons - big difference

Minh

First Grade
Brian Smith is a good coach for rebuilding a club and as much as it's been said that he rubs players up the wrong way he is a well respected coach.

If the board are going to blame the roster the release a shit load of them and bring new players in because if Price is retained then we will be hearing the same rubbish about the coach not having the cattle. If the coach is to blame then bring in a new more experienced coach to take over. One or the other. Stick with the clown I mean coach or the squad. Not half way. Only replace a few players and wait till round 6 or 10 and see how they go. That would be a disaster.

I agree, that would be another season down the drain.

It is never comfortable changing a Coach, but it's much worse if doing it mid-season.

I kinda like the 'Dragons way' that Peter Doust espouses, IF it means they will do it immediately upon season's end, (that is dignified for Steve Price) AND... more importantly, they get the best available Person for the Job. And that IMO, (and I think it is the Sentiment of most supporters here on the Forum at least), the best man for the Job MUST come from 'outside'.

the last bit is for me, not negotiable.

blacksafake

First Grade
Please think of the children! Do not i repeat do not give the job to Macgregor or anybody else from within.Think outside the square.

The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.
Vince Lombardi

Do you believe that the coach you re signed this year has got the best out of any player at St George Illawarra during his tenure?

Blue Dragon

Juniors
My fellow Dragons Supporters,

With season nearing the end and instead of preparing for our finals campaign we are preparing for a full internal / external review of all Football operations including coaching, recruitment, pathways blah blah, I thought it would be good to gather the sentiments of the most passionate of Dragon's fans with

Personally, whilst I strongly believe a change of head Coach is necessary, just "Dicing Pricing" is probably too simplistic.

I mean, what if they announce Paul MacGregor as his successor?

how would that sit with fans?

Imagine you are invited into the next Dragon's board meeting and had 30 seconds or less, or 30 words or less to say what you think they need to hear.

Maybe, we could consolidate it down to a consistent theme and a succinct message, then use that as the basis of a poll perhaps, and somehow put it to the Club. We can be another "objective perspective ...from across another channel"

Mine would simply be...

"We Need a new experienced Coach, now, and not one appointed from within"

It could be on Coaching, recruitment, admin - anything. We may well end up with more than one theme.

30 words or 30 seconds.

Post haste.

BFD great idea and initiative. At the risk of being controversial, I would tell them that in today's world running a club is like running a business. your product is what you deliver on the field. Your players and coach are your inputs, and investments. We should aim to be getting a little better each year. This idea of a "rebuilding" year as an excuse for warning everyone that we are about to have a s@&$ year is a cop out. We played the Roosters in the final in 2010 and while we are wooden spooners in spirit this year, they are minor premiers. Why didn't they need a "rebuilding year"? They planned ahead, and got a little better each year. What have we learned in this re-building year that will set us on a course for a minor premiership next year?

That's more of less 30 words isn't it?