What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Johns said he wants a 12 team NRL, well

Pommy

Coach
He would rather be Welsh than a soap dodging, maypole dancing, bucktooth Englishman.

images

Pommy

Coach
I have. I have also seen the amount of top end talent they have. Not that much more across 32 teams as the NRL has across 16.
There are teams over there with zero success in the last decade and very little chance in the next decade, yet they don't discuss culling teams.

Are you seriously claiming they don’t have much more talent than the NRL?
I mean it’s all relative as they’re not the same sports but still to suggest 24 million people is producing the same amount of talent as 360 million is a bit of a stretch.

Travitoh

First Grade
Are you seriously claiming they don’t have much more talent than the NRL?
I mean it’s all relative as they’re not the same sports but still to suggest 24 million people is producing the same amount of talent as 360 million is a bit of a stretch.

I would argue that there is a better ratio of top elite talent spread across the 16 NRL clubs than what there is across 32 NBA/NFL/NHL teams.
Population wise it is a no contest but a bigger population doesn't always equal more talent.
I'm not suggesting a 32 team NRL, I'd cap it at 20.
My point is that strong competitions don't shrink in size, they grow regardless of how much talent there is. As long as it makes money, it will produce or attract the talent it needs.

DC_fan

Coach
You probably also consider Fox News and the Australian as proper journalism then. I hate to break it to you but Rupert Murdoch owned companies fall far closer to propaganda networks as opposed to objective journalism.

If I want a laugh I switch to Fox News, where Sean and Laura with their amateurish comedy acts always bring me a laugh. Can’t comment on the Australian, I don’t read it.

carcharias

Immortal
America sport is light years ahead of Australian.
American athletes are light years ahead.
There are way way way more of them and they are as good but probably better overall.

The whole college sports system is light years ahead.

bazza

Referee
12 team NRL
12/14 team NRL1

1. Drop Saints and Tigers - demerge them in NRL1 (St George, Illawarra, Balmain, Western Suburbs)
2. Bottom 2 teams at end of the year to NRL1 (based on last year that would be Manly and Parra)
3. Add teams to NRL1 from Perth, Adelaide, Central Coast, Brisbane x2, NZ2 (potentially Sunshine Coast and CQ)

NRL - 22 rounds with weeks off during origin/rep weeks
NRL1 matches give extra content to foxtel/9
NRL1 matches get extra exposure during origin/rep weeks
Each year bottom 2 drop down from NRL to NRL1
Each year minor premier and playoff winner move up from NRL1 to NRL

It takes around 2 hours to fly from Sydney to Auckland.

It takes around 2 1/2 hours to fly non-stop from Sydney to Townsville.

It takes around 90 minutes to fly from Sydney to Melbourne.

It takes around 4 hours to fly from Sydney to Perth.

So if people want to "cut down on travel time" in the NRL, then having a team in WA is the worst case scenario.

Perth Red

Post Whore

So if people want to "cut down on travel time" in the NRL, then having a team in WA is the worst case scenario.

Our netballers manage it every other week, I’m sure tough nrl Lads can Lol.

Saxon

Bench
He has faith in the AFL product not trusting our ceo's (Greenburg is a wanker) but he has faith in a product with that confirmed bigger wanker McGuire on the board
What the ...?

You say I have faith in the AFL product? Where the f**k did I say that? I have no position on the AFL, and certainly am not a supporter of Eddie Everywhere.

Let me say it again for the hard of thinking: I've got plenty of faith in the game of rugby league. I have no faith whatsoever in the NRL Commission or it's members.

May I suggest that your teachers are probably very disappointed in their failure to impart any skills in reading comprehension to you.

Last edited:

Saxon

Bench
American leagues seem to go alright despite having 30+ teams competing in them.
Scottish PL doesn't even compete with English PL, same goes for Portugal compared to Spain.

More teams = more money.
More money = better product.

Geographically, the NRL could add 4 teams and strengthen it's supporter base. The AFL only has two options and neither are really that strong.
US has about 13 times the population of Australia.
On the other hand, Scotland has about 10% of the population of England. No wonder there is a major disparity in their ability to produce home grown talent.

The problem is that the Warriors have almost zero chance of winning the GF as they're the only team who travel long distances, if there were 2 teams in Perth and 2 teams in NZ i would not be suggesting getting rid of the Warriors from the NRL. Also IMO there isn't enough quality in the NRL for 16 teams, as J Hayne said, the NFL is like Origin every week.

And fine, i know there are negatives to a continuous live ruck, so keep the play the ball, but it's natural to pass the ball forward, so i want the laws to allow the ball to be passed forward up to 10 degrees.

Never heard of the North Queensland Cowboys?
There are 2 other teams in QLD. I also feel there is an unconscious thing about traveling over water and going through customs that makes you feel you're traveling further. But, i also feel that some of the NZ forwards have been overrated, and some of their backs too, but especially their forwards.

kdalymc

Bench
There are 2 other teams in QLD. I also feel there is an unconscious thing about traveling over water and going through customs that makes you feel you're traveling further. But, i also feel that some of the NZ forwards have been overrated, and some of their backs too, but especially their forwards.
I'd go to Germany once a week and get cavity searched if it meant I got to play a sport for a living.
Look if they wanna chuck the gumboots on and come shovel concrete with me for 250 a day that's sweet but while your a millionaire living out your dream STFU and travel

I'd go to Germany once a week and get cavity searched if it meant I got to play a sport for a living.
Look if they wanna chuck the gumboots on and come shovel concrete with me for 250 a day that's sweet but while your a millionaire living out your dream STFU and travel
you're

Generalzod

Immortal
i want a 14 team NRL. Get rid of the Warriors, Cronulla and Manly, bring in the Brisbane Brothers. Obviously have the Warriors, Cronulla and Manly in the NSW Cup. And get rid of the scrum.
Why don't we just get rid of the Rabbits its been done before, we can have them playing in the NSW cup.

Latest posts