What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Johns said he wants a 12 team NRL, well

coolumsharkie

Referee
Funny. Anyway, if we had a more compelling product, which i think it would be if we brought back continuous live rucks, then maybe Cronulla and Manly would have bigger crowds and membership. No scrums.

People are not going to just decide to go for another team. No matter how good the game improves for the better.

Once you kill a team you kill a whole bunch of supporters interest in it.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I wonder if Johns realises that there will be bad teams. Whether it's something happening at hte club, lack of pathways for players to get the experience to play at the top level or whatever. While more clubs equals more opportunities for players to improve and pathways to make decent coin. Not to mention that you can have clubs in more areas thus expanding the games reach.

The NRL never should have been culled to 14 teams. To go from 22 clubs to 14 in 2 and a half years was absolutely ridiculous.

The NRL should've kept all regional teams including the 97 WCC finalist Mariners.

Travitoh

First Grade
American leagues seem to go alright despite having 30+ teams competing in them.
Scottish PL doesn't even compete with English PL, same goes for Portugal compared to Spain.

More teams = more money.
More money = better product.

Geographically, the NRL could add 4 teams and strengthen it's supporter base. The AFL only has two options and neither are really that strong.

Travitoh

First Grade
Have you seen the population of the US?

I have. I have also seen the amount of top end talent they have. Not that much more across 32 teams as the NRL has across 16.
There are teams over there with zero success in the last decade and very little chance in the next decade, yet they don't discuss culling teams.

American leagues seem to go alright despite having 30+ teams competing in them.
Scottish PL doesn't even compete with English PL, same goes for Portugal compared to Spain.

More teams = more money.
More money = better product.

Geographically, the NRL could add 4 teams and strengthen it's supporter base. The AFL only has two options and neither are really that strong.
We should have Conferences.

unforgiven

Bench
I have. I have also seen the amount of top end talent they have. Not that much more across 32 teams as the NRL has across 16.
There are teams over there with zero success in the last decade and very little chance in the next decade, yet they don't discuss culling teams.
Yes but they have 32 markets that can support a team!, they have the money coming to support those teams!

Latest posts