What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '12-13 :: Round 1

Big Sam

First Grade
Imagine what ADP could've done at a good club like Brisbane. Good crowd for WSW. Over 10k.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Boring game, too much backpass bullshit.

Looks like I was right about Sydney, ADP won't do much for their woeful style.

Big Sam

First Grade
Boring game

Understandable that WSW wouldn't be sharp given they're all new but what was CCM's excuse? Arnold/McKinna have been peddling that same route 1 hoof and hope crap for years. Might be effective but it makes them the most boring team in the league.

Crowds are just under 65k at the moment. I've heard it's a nice day in Newcastle so they should get 17-20k given the greatest player of all time is leading their attack.

A similar crowd for the GF rematch in Perth will put the aggregate over 100k and well over the previous round record of 87k.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Adelaide defeat Newcastle 2-0 and Perth defeat Brisbane 1-0. Good weekend, started and finished brilliantly just the six teams in between need to improve.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Other than the inaugral season of a competition, has a club ever won it in their first season?

We got this.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Understandable that WSW wouldn't be sharp given they're all new but what was CCM's excuse? Arnold/McKinna have been peddling that same route 1 hoof and hope crap for years. Might be effective but it makes them the most boring team in the league.
TBF, we ditched the route 1 hoof crap for a while, back end of 10/11 and most of 11/12... end of last season and now it seems like it's back in style. As a result, you're right, we're back to being the most boring team in the league.

Crowds are just under 65k at the moment. I've heard it's a nice day in Newcastle so they should get 17-20k given the greatest player of all time is leading their attack.

A similar crowd for the GF rematch in Perth will put the aggregate over 100k and well over the previous round record of 87k.

Round 1 Crowds
MV v MH at Etihad 42,032
NIX v SYD at Westpac 12,057
WSW v CCM at Parra 10,458
JETS v REDS at Hunter 14,868
PG v ROAR at Subiaco 14,085

Total
Average 18,700

hybrid_tiger

Coach
WSW impressed me. Very compact and well organised. Should have won the game with at least three good chances missed.