What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '12-13 :: Round 20

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Things just started to get rather interesting at the top of the table in light of results last week. Three teams can now take the Premier's Plate. Intriguing run home.

hal2012-13-r20_zps3228f6aa.jpg

Ladder:

Mariners 39
Victory 36
Wanderers 35
Reds 32
Jets 23
Roar 21

Heart 21
Sky Blues 20
Phoenix 20
Glory 19​

BDR

First Grade
That was the worst beating I have seen since we beat MV 5-0 earlier in the year. Ruthless stuff.

Big Sam

First Grade
Is it time to punt the Nix? They add nothing to the league. Poor crowds and a regressive style of play from the 70s. Not to mention their existence is one reason we've only got 2 ACL spots. The FFA would be better served taking the licence and giving it to Canberra or Woollongong.

Also could CCM fans enlighten me as to why the game was on a Thursday?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wasn't gonna go, but am glad I did. Superb match.

Thursday... apparently it was a choice of that or Sunday 3pm. Arnie prefers night games apparently.

Red Bear

Referee
Is it time to punt the Nix? They add nothing to the league. Poor crowds and a regressive style of play from the 70s. Not to mention their existence is one reason we've only got 2 ACL spots. The FFA would be better served taking the licence and giving it to Canberra or Woollongong.

Also could CCM fans enlighten me as to why the game was on a Thursday?
No. One average season doesnt make them puntable. They've generally been quite good but injuries etc have cost them a bit this year. So a couple of shitty away results in a poor season doesnt make them puntable all of a sudden.

tbh the A-League should've scheduled them into a home game on Wednesday (Waitangi Day, public holiday in NZ), probably would've garnered a good crowd.

Timmah

Staff member
Can't see Wellington being a smart or fair decision. They've made a few finals series tbf.

Herbert might need to make way though. How that affects his role with the All Whites is another matter though.

They also got a decent 11k crowd to Auckland last weekend. The interest is there.

Timmah

Staff member
All happening in Game #100 at Hindmarsh. Jeronimo scores for ADL 1-0, Valkanis sent into the tunnel, ADL with five yellows already.

Come on Adelaide, hold on!

***MH***

Bench
Boom... Victory holding on to second spot by a point. WSW can jump to second with a draw or a win. Interesting match at Campbelltown tonight!

Mong

Post Whore
The Adelaide game was a fun watch..

WTF was with the sending off though? Strange decision it seemed.

Big Sam

First Grade
Just read that Heart players will have their twitter names rather than their surnames on the jerseys. Not sure what to make of it.

Timmah

Staff member
Next 3 weeks are going to be massive. WSW v MV, then CCM v MV, then CCM v WSW.

Draw perfectly poised to provide a bumper finish, and even then it won't be over.

Mong

Post Whore
The Roar v Sydney game is somewhat entertaining.. If you overlook just how technically bad the game has been for the most part.

f**k they have been bad at times..

Now I know why we don't usually play Brattan. He was f**king terrible. Broich had a shocker, highlighted by that free kick. Nijland looked good at times but played some strange touches throughout. Berisha needs to stay the f**k up front hes not a midfielder. I can't wait until Matty Smith is back.

Mong

Post Whore
Yep, and Franjics defending for the first goal.. FFS, he had no clue where the ball even was and made no effort to look until it was too late..

That free kick summed the effort up nicely..

Timmah

Staff member
Will this mark the first time the previous year's Grand Finalists have missed the finals the following season?

Latest posts