What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-league Version 4

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Hey guys,

I thought I would throw this out there to see what sort of feedback I would get. As you probably are aware, Timmah has match threads in the NRL Gameday forum for each round of the rugby league for this year. What I was thinking of doing was for the upcoming A-league season is doing something along a similar line. I'm not too sure whether to put it as one whole thread with the games, or have separate threads for the games and discussion etc. What would you guys prefer me to do?

Also, in the Wet Canvas, you'll find the weekly banners for the matches that weekend that I will do and if you go in there now, there are banners and the like for Round 1 along with season banners for the clubs of your choice.

Just thought I'd let you all know thats what the plan is and I look forward to hearing your feedback :cool:

Oh and yes, I am kind of stealing Timmah's thunder, but I get it with his blessing :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure LU will support it (I'm in pretty good with the boss ;-) ) if the interest can be shown.

The first hurdle is to convince them a League site should be supporting Soccer, the obvious place may be Sports Unlimited but the membership there is not as big as here, perhaps even live updates whn the site is back up.

From a personal point of view I would like to see it happen because as some of you may know, I am keen to see us launch a Football site (Football Unlimited) which at the moment is being discussed but its a way off.

My suggestion for now is to create spoiler threads on or before game day to gauge the interest as the Game Day sub forum in the NRL was created out of necessity, as many people were complaining about spoiler posts in some threads.

We can gauge the interest from there.

fish eel

Immortal
If ya dont do it, I'll put Kossie onto you!

0,,5392112,00.jpg

Dragooner

Bench
There sisters...

But an FU site would be great, I've found myself talking more about football than about League on this site :lol:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So all in all, you guys don't have a problem with me doing it in here? Twiz, you might be the best person to ask, or anyone else for that matter, but would it be best off to have one thread for each game, or just one thread and put all the games in that particular thread?

African Monkey

First Grade
No it's not.

One is a sports site, the other is a League site. Hence the name.

But you aren't welcome at either :lol:
NK I have the feeling that we're not getting on atm and i've also noticed that you've been taking the piss out of me a lot lately. I f we are to get through this then we must work together as a team. Are we cool ?