What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A lesser GF?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The two top teams are playing.

The rest have completed their season. A fact that is hard to swallow for many bitter people.

Mr Saab

Referee
the stereotypers thought it would be a stg/eels GF, but it isnt...it wont make it any less of a GF though.
Both teams deserve their place on Oct 2 2005.

gaterooze

Bench
Hell no. Best possible Grand Final IMHO, with two fantastic, underrated teams who battled through the hard times and have blossomed as powerhouses.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No way. Both teams got to the GF by winning the matches that count.

They both throw the ball around so we can look forward to some attacking footy.

It'll be packed.

nqboy

First Grade
I can understand what you're getting at. Dragons/Eels would've been a cracker with the best two sides through the season meeting with so much support on both sides.

But we smashed the Eels and the Tigers mauled the Dragons so I don't think it's any less of a GF, just different. The people of Sydney should jump on one bandwagon or the other (they were great with the Cowboys bandwagon vs the hated Roosters last year) and gt out to the game.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Lesser GF??? What a load of crap to even say something like that. These two sides are in the Grand Final because they deserve to be there, nobody cares whether the Cowboys got hammered by 50, three weeks ago. Come 7pm on Sunday night, it will just be another game. One team will be 80 minutes away from Grand Final glory. It promises to be a great Grand Final, with plenty of attacking spark on either side.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
No. To be the best you have to beat the best, The Tgers and Cowboys have made the GF by each beating one of the favourites, so they now become the most worthy contenders for the crown.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its 4 playing 5, but they are in better from than the teams that finnished above them in the minor premiership

Saint 60

Juniors
obviously doesnt matter who finished where...

the big day is the big day...Cows and Tigs - good onya :)

Zeb

Juniors
No. The reason we have a final series is so lower teams have a chance of making the big one. If they wanted 1 vs 2 every year, why would they bother with a finals series? That would make it boring.

panthersballboy

Juniors
No way. This has all the makings for a classic GF. One team with all of QLD on their back. Another representing Balmain/Wests but will also have most of Sydney and NSW cheering for them as well. The 2 most exciting attacking teams who have both shown on the weekend their defence can hold when needed. I think it will be a cracker of a game.
Hodgson vs Bowen
Benji vs Thurston
Skando vs Rauhihi

Jobdog

Live Update Team
panthersballboy said:
No way. This has all the makings for a classic GF. One team with all of QLD on their back. Another representing Balmain/Wests but will also have most of Sydney and NSW cheering for them as well. The 2 most exciting attacking teams who have both shown on the weekend their defence can hold when needed. I think it will be a cracker of a game.
Hodgson vs Bowen
Benji vs Thurston
Skando vs Rauhihi
I won't be cheering for the Tigers, and I live in NSW. I'll be supporting the Cowboys :D

Smartman

Juniors
A ridicolous topic, what a great grand final it will be with the likes of Thurston, Bowen, Marshall and Prince playing.

Id rather 2 of the most exciting (cowboys & Tigers) than 2 of the most overhyped (eels & dragons) .