What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A message I sent to the Toulon Rugby Club

The Survivor

Juniors
We all know what arrogant f%^&wits the French are, so I thought I'd send them a message. I'm sure they won't give a toss but it makes me feel a bit better.

"How arrogant your club is. Williams is a legally contracted player with another club and yet you have happily signed him, regardless. How would you like it if your star player walked out mid contract without a word of explanation only to sign illegally with another club on the other side of the world, I am sure you would be furious. I sincerely hope that the courts prevent Williams from playing with your club, then justice will be done. By the way, I do not support Canterbury. My team is the Sydney Roosters who are Canterbury's biggest rival."

Nz

Juniors
I really don't know if that will do anything.

+ you might want to write it a bit more formal next time?

The Survivor

Juniors
I really don't know if that will do anything.

+ you might want to write it a bit more formal next time?

It'll do bugger all, but I had to get it off my chest. What do you mean by more formal? It's just a message from a disgruntled fan, not a legal document.

Abz

Juniors
We all know what arrogant f%^&wits the French are, so I thought I'd send them a message. I'm sure they won't give a toss but it makes me feel a bit better.

"How arrogant your club is. Williams is a legally contracted player with another club and yet you have happily signed him, regardless. How would you like it if your star player walked out mid contract without a word of explanation only to sign illegally with another club on the other side of the world, I am sure you would be furious. I sincerely hope that the courts prevent Williams from playing with your club, then justice will be done. By the way, I do not support Canterbury. My team is the Sydney Roosters who are Canterbury's biggest rival."

*2nd Biggest rival - behind Souths

Cheers dude! - 1 of the Roosters fans I have respect for ;-)

Abz

Juniors
Here is it in French :D

"Comment votre club arrogant. Williams est un joueur légalement contracté avec un autre club et encore heureusement que vous avez signé lui, quelle que soit. Comment voulez-vous si votre joueur étoile a quitté la mi contrat sans un mot d'explication seulement de signer avec une autre illégalement club de l'autre côté du monde, je suis sûr que vous allez être furieux. J'espère sincèrement que les tribunaux Williams empêcher de jouer avec votre club, alors justice sera faite. d'ailleurs, je ne soutiens pas Canterbury. Mon équipe est Sydney Roosters Canterbury qui sont le plus grand rival. "

The Survivor

Juniors
Here is it in French :D

"Comment votre club arrogant. Williams est un joueur légalement contracté avec un autre club et encore heureusement que vous avez signé lui, quelle que soit. Comment voulez-vous si votre joueur étoile a quitté la mi contrat sans un mot d'explication seulement de signer avec une autre illégalement club de l'autre côté du monde, je suis sûr que vous allez être furieux. J'espère sincèrement que les tribunaux Williams empêcher de jouer avec votre club, alors justice sera faite. d'ailleurs, je ne soutiens pas Canterbury. Mon équipe est Sydney Roosters Canterbury qui sont le plus grand rival. "

I sent it to them in english on purpose. They'll understand it.

Ram Man

Juniors
You should have signed it "By J. Bloggs, aged 11 3/4s".

Sorry, but that was about as naive a letter as I've seen.

But your a Union dick so your opinion on the matter is quite invalid!

Like he said, it was a letter from a fan rather than a legal document.

You are just sticking up for that $hit sport that you seem so determined to advertise in a forum chock full of yawnion hating league nuts!

thug jimmy

Juniors
who gives a sh7t.
it aint toulon's fault williams was brainwashed by 2 morons.
if a superstar came to my 'average' club i'd snap him up too.

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah...coz Toulon pretty much forced SBW to sign on the dotted line, didn't they.

SBW is a big boy now. He made the decision to quit the dogs (a poor one at that. No disagreement from me there) and he signed a contract. His problem.

There's a little bit of hysteria going on about this. Dally has suggested on another website that the IRB should ban France from competing in the 6 Nations because of what Toulon has done. So much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Here's a genuine question. If a RU player from France or the UK broke his contract with his club and signed with an NRL team....how would you react?

FMD the number of union trolls on here since SBW left league is funny.

i mean all year their sport has been struggling and they ignore a RL forum.

the minute a union club overseas takes a RL player, they pollute this site lie a bunch of maggots in summer.

guys nothing has changed in australia. the sport is still dieing.

if it gives you some pleasure that a french union club is now trying to battle the nrl, good luck to you.

the NRL is the dominant rugby competition in australia and nz and we are slowly wiping out union from both countries.

our next TV contract will place us in a position to pay well over a million for players so then it will be our turn to raid the ranks of RU.

St. Brett

Juniors
The Survivor

I don't think them merkins can speak English anyway.
They'll probably translate your letter as a good-will guesture.
At least you spoke out.
Don't worry about what others say about your letter in this thread, if it made you happy to speak out then keep it up.
It's a start.
If we all pitched in and called them merkins and two faced Gotham city characters for acting aloof and ignorant then at least we've done our bit to show our distain.
I'm gonna send something myself now in fact.
They're aiding and abetting a contracted sports criminal.
$BW is nothing more than an off-shore shadey account the trade mark he is!

I think we should stop talking about this trade mark altogether.
Stop giving him coverage.
And definately don't waste your time watching the footy show tonight. They're just trying to boost their ratings with over-the-top sensationalism.

I really don't care what this f**k wit has got to say.
He'll only pick and choose what he wants to say anyway.

I bet you in a few years time he'll sneak back over here to Australia to continue to live though.
I think it'd be best for him to just stay in either France or NZ.

F*ck $BW

The end.

Oh and P.S. Beaver was on 2KY Big sports breakfast thismorning saying 'why not go and get paid overseas if the money is on offer.'

Others are using the excuse, 'wouldn't you go overseas if someone offered you three-times more than what you're currently being paid?'
Don't test my integrity, we're not all money hungry greedy arseholes in the one bundle.
There are loyal people still in this world!
Look at Reece Wesser siging with souths and the NRL. Props to the guy for staying loyal. I take my hat off to him even though I don't wear 'em.
Menzies would say what he did thismorning wouldn't 'e?
Pricks.

Last edited:

Latest posts