What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A message I sent to the Toulon Rugby Club

shiznit

Coach
can someone send them a message that the great NRL halves combo of Micheal Witt & Grant Rovelli will probably be happy to go over too...

hell... ill drive them to the airport myself...

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
We all know what arrogant f%^&wits the French are, so I thought I'd send them a message. I'm sure they won't give a toss but it makes me feel a bit better.

"How arrogant your club is. Williams is a legally contracted player with another club and yet you have happily signed him, regardless. How would you like it if your star player walked out mid contract without a word of explanation only to sign illegally with another club on the other side of the world, I am sure you would be furious. I sincerely hope that the courts prevent Williams from playing with your club, then justice will be done. By the way, I do not support Canterbury. My team is the Sydney Roosters who are Canterbury's biggest rival."

Why has this letter been published on here yet my email to John Brady at the NRL was deleted?

..::Matheos::..

Juniors
Hey, i would just like to say, that Sonny Bill's walk out was a joke..a disgrace to the NRL. Referring to the letter, i hope Sonny Bill gets banned from Rugby and League..and doesn't play any sport for 4 years. I totally agree with Moffo.

..::Matheos::..

ibeme

First Grade
Hello there !

I'm a french supporter of RCT "Rugby Club Toulonnais" and I was there when Sonny made his 1st steps on our training field!
Ican easily understand your sadness then your anger towards Toulon and SBW

But here in France, you have to know that RugbyXIII ain't that popular ! I would say it's almost unknown ! Quite never TV broadcasted, only 2 teams wellknowned in France : Perpignan Dragons and Olympique of Toulouse thats all !

We're a XV rugby team and our club was in second division last season with players like aussie's George Gregan, former All Blacks ' Andrew Mehrtens & Anton Oliver, also 2007 World champion South African Springbok's Victor Matfield, and 2003 World Champion Brit's Dan Luger...and many other excellent players like 2005's best rugby sevens All Black in the world Orene Ai'i...

This year, we reach Top14, the 1st french division and our President Mourad Boudjellal wanted a good recruitment with younger players more willing to stay and play the next seasons.
Our president is really a fan of our world wide star coach : Tana Umaga and he gave him full power ("white card") for choosing his players !

In France we say : "Il n'y a pas de fumée sans feu" : ie : there is no smoke without fire" so I don't know if this means the same in your country but it means that if SBW came a left his team, his teammates, etc...from a day to the next 1...he didn't woke up suddenly and decided to run away !

In france, there were topics (on our fan forum) about his coming for more than a month ago, I guess after this it's a matter of agent's deal.

If his agent told some other SBW was willing to leave Bulldogs and Australia, it was SBW's choice and his agent fault. Don't blame our country and specially our team for what's happening now !
This is not the 1st time a NRL player is leaving for XV; Tuqiri, Sailor did it before !

Now I also understand your point of views, Sonny seems to be a great player (thanks to Youtube !!;-)) I hope he'll be able to assume his acts, I wish him the best in our country !!

I've made some pictures of his 1st steps and afternoon training there is the link : http://flickr.com/photos/taneroa/

Toulon is a great place of Rugby ! This year is our Century celebration !

Toulon is the only great rugby in southern east of France but with a good old tradition ! On of the journalist from Australia here in Toulon; I mean David Murray from Daily Telegraph of Sydney, wrote a very rough and bad article towads Toulon ,the town and it's inhabitants !
I saw him yesterday and he started to apologize about this, as he told me australians were so angry about SBW escape...but this is no reason ! He also wrote he was his wallet stolen, a friend of mine told me this happened in fact to french reporters workig for some australian medias,and he took this story for himself in order to discredit our country, our town our public and team !! A real shame !!

Well it's late now and I got to go to work ! I'll be back this evenning (french time) to tell you a bit more about how do we feel for SBW 's beeing here !

I can only tell you that for his 1st training session, he really made a good sensation !

SBW is a great player. He was nurtured by the Bulldogs. He toned his skills at the Bulldogs, and he built his fan base whilst playing at the Bulldogs. It was only a year ago that he demanded that the Bulldogs give him a 5 year deal, rather than a three year deal which is what they initially had on the table. The Bulldogs granted him a 5 year deal.

Let us not forget that during all of this time, SBW spent a large proportion of time on the sidelines due to injury. The bulldogs continued to pay, would your club be so loyal?

The main point is that without fans, SBW is nothing. It is the supporters of Rugby League that have rewarded his efforts with popularity and money. He's turned his back on those people in the most disloyal way imagineable.

The most saliant point of all is that without Rugby League, Rugby Union would not even be able to imagine the callibre of player that Rugby League has produced. Such is the brilliance of our game that it produces players with skills that Rugby Union salivates over, and is prepared to encourage contracts to be broken over, it really is embarrasing for the game.

Ours is a game that's driven by genuine popularity. Yours is a game that's dominated by sugar daddy's wallets. Ours is a game that produces the best players on the planet, quite simply, because it's the best Rugby code on the planet. Yours is a game that is prepared to leech off the brilliance that our game produces. Yours is a code that has money, but no class or dignity.

It's one thing to attract a player with the offer of money. It's another to feast off their disloyalty and inability to honour their supporters and their contract

OVP

Coach
Whenever dealing with the French, I always try to use Rampaging Roy Slaven's method by quoting "G'day My Name is Roy, that means KING to you, buddy !!"

Maybe we should all write them a letter with that quote at the beginning :lol:

Joe Davola

Juniors
My comment to Toulon would be:

"Congratulations on signing Sonny Bill - he's a great talent. Best of all, if he gets injured or doesn't perform, you can just cut him like a dog and Sonny will understand."

Taneroa

Juniors
How do you say ' I surrender ' in French ?

I dont think they say "I surrender" in French, I think they say it German...

:lol:

the FFR have a really good understanding of german as well given their links

whats german for "thanks, you saved our sport from death?"

I surrender : je me rends

Now I answered the question I hope you all feel better !

my message to toulon:

go f**k yaselves

Oh really ? aren't you a little bit small minded ! Our president or Tana Umaga didn't came and made your superstar go and leave suddenly dispite the australian laws !!

I think you have forgotten that your "little boy" is now 23, he is big enough to know what he has to do and what he's doing !
He took his responsabilities and to be honest, we certainly will have a sharp look at his performances but moreover we'd like you stop insulting our country, our town, our public and our team !

We never asked to be described as your stupid journalist of the Daily Telegraph of Sidney did : http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24114304-5012650,00.html

this article sucks and is a real insult to our town ! It also seems the story of the stolen wallet happened to french journalist, not to himself !

Your sadness and your anger cannot allow insults and hate !

We can understand what it has done hurts, even if he may be right to do that, he shouldn't have done it like this ! I'm sure he will apologize (may be it is already done) , but don't blame him too much !

He is a kid, with so many preisure on his shoulders according to his age ! I guess he had to break with his former life, with your medias, and all troubles he faced these past few months

Now you supporters and your NRL should think about what also made him leave and also some other players : I mean your salary cap !

Do you really think young talent such as SBW will accept such a rule when - unfortunately but truth is - money rules !

Finally as one of you already wrote mourad boudjellal and SBW aren't australian, the first is a rugby club president and first of all a business man, the 2nd is NZ and surely wants to make a new start of his life !

oh btw : I'm really french, from Toulon and this site : http://www.flickr.com/photos/taneroa is really the one of my pictures !, I'm surprised you didn't tell me anything about the pictures of SBW on it !

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
We all know what arrogant f%^&wits the French are, so I thought I'd send them a message. I'm sure they won't give a toss but it makes me feel a bit better.

"How arrogant your club is. Williams is a legally contracted player with another club and yet you have happily signed him, regardless. How would you like it if your star player walked out mid contract without a word of explanation only to sign illegally with another club on the other side of the world, I am sure you would be furious. I sincerely hope that the courts prevent Williams from playing with your club, then justice will be done. By the way, I do not support Canterbury. My team is the Sydney Roosters who are Canterbury's biggest rival."

Dear Survivor

Thank you for your email, which struck a chord here at the Toulon Rugby Club.

We have seen the error of our ways and will be returning Mr Williams to the Bulldogs immediately.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write.

Kind regards,

Toulon RFC

Tommax25

Bench
The Survivor

I don't think them merkins can speak English anyway.
They'll probably translate your letter as a good-will guesture.
At least you spoke out.
Don't worry about what others say about your letter in this thread, if it made you happy to speak out then keep it up.
It's a start.
If we all pitched in and called them merkins and two faced Gotham city characters for acting aloof and ignorant then at least we've done our bit to show our distain.
I'm gonna send something myself now in fact.
They're aiding and abetting a contracted sports criminal.
$BW is nothing more than an off-shore shadey account the trade mark he is!

I think we should stop talking about this trade mark altogether.
Stop giving him coverage.
And definately don't waste your time watching the footy show tonight. They're just trying to boost their ratings with over-the-top sensationalism.

I really don't care what this f**k wit has got to say.
He'll only pick and choose what he wants to say anyway.

I bet you in a few years time he'll sneak back over here to Australia to continue to live though.
I think it'd be best for him to just stay in either France or NZ.

F*ck $BW

The end.

Oh and P.S. Beaver was on 2KY Big sports breakfast thismorning saying 'why not go and get paid overseas if the money is on offer.'

Others are using the excuse, 'wouldn't you go overseas if someone offered you three-times more than what you're currently being paid?'
Don't test my integrity, we're not all money hungry greedy arseholes in the one bundle.
There are loyal people still in this world!
Look at Reece Wesser siging with souths and the NRL. Props to the guy for staying loyal. I take my hat off to him even though I don't wear 'em.
Menzies would say what he did thismorning wouldn't 'e?
Pricks.

menzies knocked back big money deals to stay loyal, I think implying the most loyal player in the nrl is not a loyal person is ridiculous.

I think he's right, in that if a player is at the end of his contract and is offering 3 times the contract in australia its hard to say no. Obviously what SBW did is completely different to such a situation, especially as it to a rival code

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why would you expect a comp with the historical ethical context French RU has to give a sh1t about anything? They are one step up from the scum who robbed jewish bodies of their gold teeth!

ps does Toulon have any French players?

Last edited:

Hari Kari

Juniors
Sonny will spend all his time injured after the first game, one maul should do his knees in.

Then he'll be able to spend his time getting pissed in French pubs and urinating in doorways.

Latest posts