What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A message I sent to the Toulon Rugby Club

Vimpy

Juniors
Crticising $BW for breaking his contract is one thing, but you can hardly blame Toulon for snapping him up. They have no obligations to the NRL. It is a different sport. If Tiger Woods pulled out of a contractual obligation to play in a golf tournament in order to earn even more to play in a celebrity tennis tournament in Dubai, the PGA couldn't sue the PTA! The broken contract is a matter between Willams and his club, nobody else.

In any event, $BW can play a couple of years in France and if he wants to go back to the NRL he'll be welcomed back with open arms and a red carpet -- just as Rogers and Sailor have been.

wittyfan

Referee
Here is it in French :D

"Comment votre club arrogant. Williams est un joueur légalement contracté avec un autre club et encore heureusement que vous avez signé lui, quelle que soit. Comment voulez-vous si votre joueur étoile a quitté la mi contrat sans un mot d'explication seulement de signer avec une autre illégalement club de l'autre côté du monde, je suis sûr que vous allez être furieux. J'espère sincèrement que les tribunaux Williams empêcher de jouer avec votre club, alors justice sera faite. d'ailleurs, je ne soutiens pas Canterbury. Mon équipe est Sydney Roosters Canterbury qui sont le plus grand rival. "

D'accord!!!!

Bezant

Juniors
Vimpy please F**K O**, trolling is just annoying. Can the administrators please get rid of this annoyance...:?

I'm sick to death of "Sonnygate". The sooner Mr William Williams fades off into obscurity the better.

Sue him for breach of contract by all means, but it's time to move on for the press and the fans.

Matt23

Staff member
I'm sick to death of "Sonnygate". The sooner Mr William Williams fades off into obscurity the better.

Sue him for breach of contract by all means, but it's time to move on for the press and the fans.
Agreed, sue him, ban him from returning to the NRL, then point and laugh when he fails miserably, and begs to come back.

Taneroa

Juniors
Hello there !

I'm a french supporter of RCT "Rugby Club Toulonnais" and I was there when Sonny made his 1st steps on our training field!
Ican easily understand your sadness then your anger towards Toulon and SBW

But here in France, you have to know that RugbyXIII ain't that popular ! I would say it's almost unknown ! Quite never TV broadcasted, only 2 teams wellknowned in France : Perpignan Dragons and Olympique of Toulouse thats all !

We're a XV rugby team and our club was in second division last season with players like aussie's George Gregan, former All Blacks ' Andrew Mehrtens & Anton Oliver, also 2007 World champion South African Springbok's Victor Matfield, and 2003 World Champion Brit's Dan Luger...and many other excellent players like 2005's best rugby sevens All Black in the world Orene Ai'i...

This year, we reach Top14, the 1st french division and our President Mourad Boudjellal wanted a good recruitment with younger players more willing to stay and play the next seasons.
Our president is really a fan of our world wide star coach : Tana Umaga and he gave him full power ("white card") for choosing his players !

In France we say : "Il n'y a pas de fumée sans feu" : ie : there is no smoke without fire" so I don't know if this means the same in your country but it means that if SBW came a left his team, his teammates, etc...from a day to the next 1...he didn't woke up suddenly and decided to run away !

In france, there were topics (on our fan forum) about his coming for more than a month ago, I guess after this it's a matter of agent's deal.

If his agent told some other SBW was willing to leave Bulldogs and Australia, it was SBW's choice and his agent fault. Don't blame our country and specially our team for what's happening now !
This is not the 1st time a NRL player is leaving for XV; Tuqiri, Sailor did it before !

Now I also understand your point of views, Sonny seems to be a great player (thanks to Youtube !!;-)) I hope he'll be able to assume his acts, I wish him the best in our country !!

I've made some pictures of his 1st steps and afternoon training there is the link : http://flickr.com/photos/taneroa/

Toulon is a great place of Rugby ! This year is our Century celebration !

Toulon is the only great rugby in southern east of France but with a good old tradition ! On of the journalist from Australia here in Toulon; I mean David Murray from Daily Telegraph of Sydney, wrote a very rough and bad article towads Toulon ,the town and it's inhabitants !
I saw him yesterday and he started to apologize about this, as he told me australians were so angry about SBW escape...but this is no reason ! He also wrote he was his wallet stolen, a friend of mine told me this happened in fact to french reporters workig for some australian medias,and he took this story for himself in order to discredit our country, our town our public and team !! A real shame !!

Well it's late now and I got to go to work ! I'll be back this evenning (french time) to tell you a bit more about how do we feel for SBW 's beeing here !

I can only tell you that for his 1st training session, he really made a good sensation !

Matt23

Staff member
I dont think they say "I surrender" in French, I think they say it German...

Calixte

First Grade
Hello there !

I'm a french supporter of RCT "Rugby Club Toulonnais" and I was there when Sonny made his 1st steps on our training field!

But here in France, you have to know that RugbyXIII ain't that popular ! I would say it's almost unknown ! Quite never TV broadcasted, only 2 teams wellknowned in France : Perpignan Dragons and Olympique of Toulouse thats all !

We're a XV rugby team and our club was in second division last season with players like aussie's George Gregan, former All Blacks ' Andrew Mehrtens & Anton Oliver, also 2007 World champion South African Springbok's Victor Matfield, and 2003 World Champion Brit's Dan Luger...and many other excellent players like 2005's best rugby sevens All Black in the world Orene Ai'i...

This year, we reach Top14, the 1st french division and our President Mourad Boudjellal wanted a good recruitment with younger players more willing to stay and play the next seasons.
Our president is really a fan of our world wide star coach : Tana Umaga and he gave him full power ("white card") for choosing his players !

In France we say : "Il n'y a pas de fumée sans feu" : ie : there is no smoke without fire" so I don't know if this means the same in your country but it means that if SBW came a left his team, his teammates, etc...from a day to the next 1...he didn't woke up suddenly and decided to run away !

In france, there were topics (on our fan forum) about his coming for more than a month ago, I guess after this it's a matter of agent's deal.

If his agent told some other SBW was willing to leave Bulldogs and Australia, it was SBW's choice and his agent fault. Don't blame our country and specially our team for what's happening now !
This is not the 1st time a NRL player is leaving for XV; Tuqiri, Sailor did it before !

Now I also understand your point of views, Sonny seems to be a great player (thanks to Youtube !!;-)) I hope he'll be able to assume his acts, I wish him the best in our country !!

I've made some pictures of his 1st steps and afternoon training there is the link : http://flickr.com/photos/taneroa/

Toulon is the only great rugby in southern east of France but with a good old tradition ! On of the journalist from Australia here in Toulon; I mean David Murray from Daily Telegraph of Sydney, wrote a very rough and bad article towads Toulon ,the town and it's inhabitants !
I saw him yesterday and he started to apologize about this, as he told me australians were so angry about SBW escape...but this is no reason ! He also wrote he was his wallet stolen, a friend of mine told me this happened in fact to french reporters workig for some australian medias,and he took this story for himself in order to discredit our country, our town our public and team !! A real shame !!

Well it's late now and I got to go to work ! I'll be back this evenning (french time) to tell you a bit more about how do we feel for SBW 's beeing here !

I can only tell you that for his 1st training session, he really made a good sensation !

Sounds realistic... :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
Hello there !

Nice try Borat.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade

Tuqiri and Sailor left in a reasonable manner. SBW left in a completely unreasonable and cowardly fasion. There is no comparison to be made here. In all respect I don't think you fully understand the situation, certainly not the Australian and treiziste point of view.

What does it matter that XIII is no longer as popular as XV in France? Does that make it OK to tempt players out of their legally binding contracts in Australia? Does Mourad Boudjellal have any respect for Australian law? He knows very well that what Sonny, and possibly himself, are doing is against Australian law, yet he does not care. This affair is far from finished, and I really hope it finishes badly for Toulon because they do not deserve to profit from a criminal and monsieur Boudjellal needs to learn a lesson about respecting the laws of other countries.

Tell us, why do you think that XIII is no longer "popular" in France?

cyberdj

Juniors
Tuqiri and Sailor left in a reasonable manner. SBW left in a completely unreasonable and cowardly fasion. There is no comparison to be made here. In all respect I don't think you fully understand the situation, certainly not the Australian and treiziste point of view.

What does it matter that XIII is no longer as popular as XV in France? Does that make it OK to tempt players out of their legally binding contracts in Australia? Does Mourad Boudjellal have any respect for Australian law? He knows very well that what Sonny, and possibly himself, are doing is against Australian law, yet he does not care. This affair is far from finished, and I really hope it finishes badly for Toulon because they do not deserve to profit from a criminal and monsieur Boudjellal needs to learn a lesson about respecting the laws of other countries.

Tell us, why do you think that XIII is no longer "popular" in France?

Neither Mourad nor Sonny are Australian citizens, it's pretty obvious they care little for Australian laws.

Lots of people walk out on their employment citing salary, moral issues. This is no different, and I don't see an Australian court of law being able to do any sort of substantial damage to Toulon or to Sonny's assets outside of Australia.

Latest posts