What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a message to those newsouthwelshman whose NRL team is out of the finals

music_2000

Juniors
go the swans

but seriously what does everyone plan to do next weekend? gonna watch the AFL grand final?, not gonna give a stuff about it and get on the storm or broncos bandwagon?, forget about this season alltogether and think about next season?

I ask this because it seems a bit worrying that the trend of the traditional footy clubs taking to the field on grand final day is fast disappearing:(

Hutty1986

Immortal
Definitely get on the Swannies

Good on them for getting there, but really couldn't care less about the GF this year

ali

Bench
I follow the sport of Rugby League. I don't like AFL so will take no interest in that game.

JW

Coach
music_2000 said:
go the swans

but seriously what does everyone plan to do next weekend? gonna watch the AFL grand final?, not gonna give a stuff about it and get on the storm or broncos bandwagon?, forget about this season alltogether and think about next season?

I ask this because it seems a bit worrying that the trend of the traditional footy clubs taking to the field on grand final day is fast disappearing:(

nice person.

t-ba

Post Whore
ali said:
I follow the sport of Rugby League. I don't like AFL so will take no interest in that game.

Indeed.

Thank Christ I've got a wedding to attend. I can't believe that my week in Sydney is going to be ruined by the Swans polluting everything :(

greeneyed

First Grade
Disgraceful if Sydney people don't follow the Grand Final just because there is no Sydney team in it. Absolutely disgraceful. Are you rugby league fans or what?

rowdy

First Grade
can't wait!! saturdays going to be awsum, and the nrl will have some of the best players out there in the biggest game of their careers.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Seeing as though I like AFL and League equally, I shall be devoting more attention to the Swans match.

***MH***

Bench
Sheik Taj al-Din al-Hilaly has the right idea....
THE spiritual leader of Australia's Muslims, Sheik Taj al-Din al-Hilaly, has joined in the football grand final fever hype - and he's backing the Sydney Swans all the way.

The mufti was disappointed when his NRL team - the Cantrebury Bulldogs - did not make it to the grand final and is now relying on the Sydney Swans to redeem the state's sporting reputation.

The self-confessed avid sports fan said he wanted the Swans to bring the cup home again this year.

Wearing a Sydney Swans scarf over his traditional Islamic dress robe, the mufti was not afraid to show off his athletic skills by kicking a ball around in Lakemba in Sydney's west this week.

"I like sports in general and I live in Sydney so of course I support the Sydney Swans," Sheik Hilaly said yesterday.

"With the Bulldogs being out of the competition and no Sydney team in the rugby league grand final, I'm supporting the Sydney Swans.

"We want them to win but win or lose, we are proud of them," he said.

The mufti, who is in the middle of the Islamic fasting season of Ramadan, said he planned to be glued to the television for the football finals on the weekend.

Although he is still interested in the outcome of the NRL grand final between Melbourne Storm and the Brisbane Broncos, the mufti believes the Sydney Swans v West Coast Eagles at the MCG on Saturday is the game to watch.

"I will be watching it. It's important for everyone in NSW to get involved and show support for the only NSW team left in the grand finals," he said.

0,,5258114,00.jpg

its amazing sydney people calling afl a 'poofs' sport when they have the sport with the group bum sniff

anyway the AFL GF is always huge here in melb and even though the past 3 GFs have been all non victorian the city still goes crazy and the mcg is always packed out

meltiger

First Grade
Collingwood Storm said:
its amazing sydney people calling afl a 'poofs' sport when they have the sport with the group bum sniff

anyway the AFL GF is always huge here in melb and even though the past 3 GFs have been all non victorian the city still goes crazy and the mcg is always packed out with corporate types who don't really care about the competing teams

Fixed your typo

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
funny thing is, if these guys were born in victoria, they would be watching AFL and calling RL fans poofs

Latest posts