What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Question

fourplay

Juniors
Ahhh ok :)

So are there talent scouts at all the games for NL 2 and 3 ??

Because I wouldn't like to have to play a whole season before I got promoted to NL 1 or higher.
Don't mean to sound cocky but I think I I'd be to good for NL 2-3 and I wouldn't like it to take a while before I get signed by NL 1..

Is there u/21 academy sides or something for the ESL clubs like Wigan u/21 etc. where you tryout and then play for them and you get promoted and switch back and forth between that and first grade if your good enough ?

Is NL1 The equivalent of First division in aus, and NL2 Jersey Flegg and so on ?

bartman

Immortal
The NL divisions have no age restrictions or anything. So NL1, NL2 and NL3 are sperate competitions kind of like Jim Beam Cup is to NRL, but better usually organised and with more history/stability.

There are Academy sides tied to the major clubs, two divisions for under 21s and two divisions for under 18s, with promotion and relegation. Wigan are in the Championship (higher) under 21 division. Not sure whether academy sides are treated as amateur or semi-professional though?

Evil Homer

Staff member
You wanna play in the NLs.If you want you could ask for a trial at a middle/lower NL1 club,and then if you were good enough and played well a bigger club would sign you.

terracesider

Juniors
fourplay said:
Are academy sides more skilled than the NL's ?

The district-based academy sides - Senior under 21 and Junior u-18 - which replaced the old second teams are intended to provide a structured path for young players' skill development , so that eventually we will have the talent to hammer the Kangaroos, like we used to.

That's the theory anyway. :D

Latest posts