What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A quick glance at the EELS games 2010

Eelogical

Referee
Of the 10 home games at Parra Stadium, 8 are friday night games (Dragons, Sharks, Storm, Broncos, Cowboys, Roosters, Tigers, Warriors), 1 sunday afternoon (Sea Eagles) and 1 monday night (Raiders). We have 2 home games at ANZ, both friday night (Rabbitohs and Bulldogs). Also, the away games we get 11 Friday night games (Tigers, Cowboys, Sea Eagles, Dragons, Knights, Warriors, Panthers, Bulldogs, Titans, Broncos, Rabbitohs) and 1 saturday game (Sharks)
That's a total of 21 Friday night games, 1 saturday, 1 sunday, 1 monday.
I reckon our byes are even scheduled for friday nights...:sarcasm:
Looking at the late season games the Broncos, Tigers and Rabbitohs games I feel will be massive. No other reason to post all this other than adrenalin.........

days/nights of games have only been setup upto round 5 so how do you work it out that we have 21 friday night games?

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, would love to know the whole season schedule this far in advance, if you have it... ?

bartman

Immortal
Interesting...

Though I reckon they might have just whacked in Fridays (the first date of the round) for all the games after Round 5 that they don't actually know yet?

Eelogical

Referee
I am only going on what I searched. I am taking it as a given unless they are doing what you suggested Bartman.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, I wouldn't lock 'em in or make any travel plans yet? If you pick "next team" and look at the other club's draws from that page, everyone appears to be playing on those Friday nights...

I'm sure as one of the highest rating clubs and if we stay high on the ladder, we'll get a heap of Friday night games anyway - just maybe not 21 ;-).

Eelogical

Referee
I really needed to find positive game times for this year. I am organising a generational get together of family EELS supporters from the 70's until now. Ain't as easy as it sounds. I was originally hoping for a sunday afternoon at Parra Stadium, sellout game with dinner at the club afterwards. Even if that link is incorrect I am still going to have to settle for a friday night after March. Now which game? I am thinking Storm...

Eels Dude

Coach
Bartman is spot on. The games after round 5 are just listed as friday on the schedule because that is the starting date of the round and the games are unscheduled. Everyone knows the rounds are only scheduled 6 rounds or so in advance as Nine and FOX have the right to choose which games are played when to improve ratings. You're not going to know if the Storm game is going to be a friday night at this stage, you're just going to have to wait to decide once more rounds are released.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
We also have a round 5 Monday night game making a Friday night turn around impossible!

bartman

Immortal
I really needed to find positive game times for this year. I am organising a generational get together of family EELS supporters from the 70's until now. Ain't as easy as it sounds.
I bet! Good luck with that, hopefully there'll be a few SUnday arvo games in there when they do announce them.

Gaffman

Juniors
Hopefully when the new TV rights deal is done they can map out the whole season in advance as they do in the AFL.

The trade off being that there should be more free to air televised games. The networks have too much say at the moment regarding scheduling, in my opinion.

junior009

Juniors
Why would they do that??? So that a few people from the bush can plan a trip to the city three months in advance. Then you would end up with Friday night games and Sunday afternoon games that are carap, nobody cares about, and nobody will watch, while a potential blockbuster game might get tucked away at 5.30 on a Saturday.

Based on their previous season finish we could have had a Friday night live game of Cronulla v Roosters last year if the schedule was planned at the start of the year. That would have been exciting. The likelihood of our game with the Tigers late in the season being on a Friday night would also have been minimal.

Eels Dude

Coach
Hopefully when the new TV rights deal is done they can map out the whole season in advance as they do in the AFL.

The trade off being that there should be more free to air televised games. The networks have too much say at the moment regarding scheduling, in my opinion.

What Junior said... and on top of that if Nine and FOX aren't able to pick the friday night games like the way they currently do, they're not going to pay as much for the rights. Which defeats the purpose of gaining more money from the tv deal.

Latest posts