What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Reynolds

So Reynolds will turn 32 in his first year at the Broncos, 33 in his second year and 34 in his third year. And South’s have stated they fear his body is not holding up well.

I have no doubts he could have added something to our team next year but I have big question marks if he will keep his standard over multiple years. We might look back at this later on and say we dodged a bullet.

We need a total rebuild anyway. I would love Fitz to give some young guys an opportunity and mould them with his philosophies of want he demands in the team. I waited 50 years for our First Premiership so I’m happy to wait a couple of years for him to develop a young team to become a contender again.

Generalzod

Immortal
So Reynolds will turn 32 in his first year at the Broncos, 33 in his second year and 34 in his third year. And South’s have stated they fear his body is not holding up well.

I have no doubts he could have added something to our team next year but I have big question marks if he will keep his standard over multiple years. We might look back at this later on and say we dodged a bullet.

We need a total rebuild anyway. I would love Fitz to give some young guys an opportunity and mould them with his philosophies of want he demands in the team. I waited 50 years for our First Premiership so I’m happy to wait a couple of years for him to develop a young team to become a contender again.
Exactamoondo

Bob Scott

Juniors
If AR wants to go to Brisbane good luck to him , they have just as many if not more issues as us , i don't want a player coming to Cronulla just for the money . They have a head coach just as unproven as Fitz will be next year and i'm not convinced by KW's as a coach , having a great rep as a player only gets you so far , plus players are still choosing to leave them , there will be reasons why we don't know about .
As for Shaun Johnson , if he's pissed and doesn't want to be here either then fine , he's not going to win us a comp , i've seen enough of him with the warriors and us to know he is at his limit . So the rebuild is a little bit more difficult , it's not as if we were going to win the comp in the next couple of years with him anyway , this way Fitz gets to build from the bottom up .
As for half solutions i'm not completely against Milford , has to be at the right price with him knowing he has to earn an upgrade , when he was at Canberra he was a bit special and i think the weight of expectation at Brisbane that came with the million dollar wage was just too much for him , he never looks happy . He can come here and just relax and get back to enjoying playing footy and i think we could maybe get back the player he was to a large degree .
As for Moylan , pretty much the same , if he can get thru this season pretty much unscathed and gain some confidence he could go into next season much stronger and healthier , pretty sure he can have a kicking game has shown it in the past and possibly not doing the big kicking at the moment to protect his hammy's .
But as others have said we need to sort out the pack just as much if not more , we need to get in a couple of tough leaders , get rid of Boo Boo ( Woods ) and the other soft dead wood , i also think that helps Brailey as well .
I have confidence that Fitz will turn things around , with time . He chose Cronulla , there was a reason , i ask myself if we had the choice right now for a head coach for next season , Barrett , Walters , Payton or Fitz , which one could win us a comp , who would i want , i am all over Fitz every day of the week , we just need some patience , i can see better times ahead , i've seen worse .

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The beauty of this is AR now has to actually move. More to this and the sharks have done the right thing on this.

snout

First Grade
Bit of SJ love here.
Hes done.
Hes never won anything in ghe NRL. I roolly roolly like the guy and he liable to do somethimg great on Saturday and then nothing for 6 games.

James maloney. You ring him. You offer him the captaincy. You pay him overs.
Even at his age he wouldnt have too many playmakers ahead of him in the NRL.

Sam walker is the rorters future.
Luke keary has won a comp there - surely he wants a new challenge. If Jimmy loves France too much go hard at this guy. Contracts mean fkall.
Surely fitzy can sfuff him in his suitcase on the way out.

Scouts. Send two to perth. For months.
Thats the great uncapped vein of talent. They have a huge RL community over there...is there anything that says the joeys and the thurstons and the sam walkers and the tedescos are only born on the east coast. We need to scout their talent and bring 6 of the best young rep players they have.
Cut the roster in half.
Do a penrith.
Anybody over 28 cut.
Id keep moylan. 1 year contracts only.

Country Shark

Juniors
Great Post Bob Scott. Reading that actually brings back a bit of reality to the situation and reminds me a little of when we lost Snowden & Douglas all those years ago and we thought the whole world was going to fall in and when we looked back on it that was the start of our premiership win with the clever recruiting that took place after it. Would that have happened if we kept and paid overs for Snowden/Douglas?? Definitely not. The key now is clever recruiting and if we can get this right I don't see how we cannot come out of this in good shape. I am not against Milford. in the right environment the guy can be a star.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I’m going to stand out on a ledge here with the wind at my back, but Milford has all the signs of Barba prior to him getting out of dodge for the salty shores of nulla.
Gotta go... can feel my feet slipping of the ledge

Bob Scott

Juniors
Great Post Bob Scott. Reading that actually brings back a bit of reality to the situation and reminds me a little of when we lost Snowden & Douglas all those years ago and we thought the whole world was going to fall in and when we looked back on it that was the start of our premiership win with the clever recruiting that took place after it. Would that have happened if we kept and paid overs for Snowden/Douglas?? Definitely not. The key now is clever recruiting and if we can get this right I don't see how we cannot come out of this in good shape. I am not against Milford. in the right environment the guy can be a star.
There are options , we just have to play it smart and i believe we have the smartest young untried coach available , who will have the ear of Robinson to knock ideas off as well .
If we want to have a red hot go at a real up and comer , that guy is Hynes , he has no pathway at Storm , offer real good money with upgrades and first crack at 5/8 with the fall back of going back to fullback , sell him the dream , he wants a crack at being the main man , then maybe as said above get Moloney back as mentor for a cpl of seasons , i don't think too many are chasing him . Or try a couple of combo's with who we have next season whilst they work on getting a name the following year , who know's someone might step up big time from whay we have already .

No way to maloney. He was dogshit for us in 2017 and was error prone and over it at penrith except when he had a few good games around origin time wanting a nsw jersey. Imagine all the missed tackles and wrong options in this new version of the nrl.

And while I'm being the debbie downer why is moyzzza the flavour of the month all of a sudden, can't wait to see the back of that colossal waste of cash too.

chewsta

First Grade
Milford, good God no!

Hynes yes please.

And if Feefs is on the outer then send him out there to decapitate Reynolds this weekend.

Latest posts