What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Reynolds

Tiger Shark

Bench
Last time we chased a big name 7 it was DCE and we missed. We ended up with Maloney and won a competition.

I think Nico is the back up plan here but the numbers need to be crunched.

Hol up... we just offered 800k or whatevs to that little jerk but we need to bring out the scratch pad to fit in Hynes?

bluefox68

Staff member
Hey, Adam Reynolds - two words for you:

JACK BIRD...

Good luck with the BrisVegas hype train.
Bit like when you got picked for Origin... How’d that go?!?

Omnishark2

Juniors
I'm pretty Zen about Reynolds signing elsewhere.

Yes I would have been happy to get him, first 2 years will be good, but the 3rd year is very risky ... Broncos have rolled the dice now, expectations will be sky high ... let's hope it blows up in their face, Jack Bird style.
TPAs surely got him across the line, together with Creeping getting in his ear.
I'm glad we didn't go above $800k x 3, no matter how much Buzz & his tabloid cronies froth at the mouth.

So onwards & upwards.
From all the noises out of SJ & the club, he will sulk off somewhere else next year, unless his attitude does a 180 degree u-turn.
Moylan ... looks good for 1 game, out for the next 3 ... despite glimpses of good, he's never matched his pay packet, will always be a disappointment.
Massive NO to Mbye, Ash Taylor.
Jimmy - come on, he's living the high life in France sailing into semi retirement, no way he's coming home to play NRL at any price, that ship has sailed.

Nicho Hynes - I could live with him as a 6 ... he's nowhere near a marquee player yet, but he's a great fit for the new rules.
Stuck for good options for 7 though ... but I hope we stay away from 30+ year olds.
Let's hope Fitz & Mooney have some other options up their sleeve.

Foz

Bench
My 2 cents worth.
South’s are not a stupid club.
Must be a reason they weren’t prepared to offer a 3 year contract.
(A reason they won’t or can’t share)
I mean they have Benji playing who’s what 45 years old or something.Older than Reynolds will be at the end of 3 years.

Sure there mightn’t be a problem but for 2.4 million or whatever I’m just glad it’s not my money on the line.

snout

First Grade
My 2 cents worth.
South’s are not a stupid club.
Must be a reason they weren’t prepared to offer a 3 year contract.
(A reason they won’t or can’t share)
I mean they have Benji playing who’s what 45 years old or something.Older than Reynolds will be at the end of 3 years.

Sure there mightn’t be a problem but for 2.4 million or whatever I’m just glad it’s not my money on the line.
Reynolds is a star.
A bonafide 7.
Cool customer.
Knows his game and could dial it in.

We havent dodged any bullets..weve been shot in the foot.
We have missed out huge.
Souths need and want to sign their A list of younger stars and got burnt signing sam and inglis on big money for long terms so they said never again.
Unfortunately for reynolds he is the next cab off the rank in this thinking and they are sticking to their guns.
Dumb.

They cannot replace him.

Generalzod

Immortal
Hey, Adam Reynolds - two words for you:

JACK BIRD...

Good luck with the BrisVegas hype train.
Bit like when you got picked for Origin... How’d that go?!?
What happened the last time the Broncos had bought a high profile player Ben Barba, jackBird, Milford they all ended in tears...Good luck Reynolds

the mad scramble is on.
find someone.. anyone!
we've hit the stratosphere with this one.
should ask johnny Morris what he'd do lol

Quigs

Immortal
I've done a bit of recruiting up here with the local Emu Park side. The firsts halfback knocked back "our" offer but the young fellah in the Ressies is pretty keen.

Cheeky little bugger and loves to whack the big blokes. Likes to get under the Refs nerves to. He could be a good pick up.

Chimp

Bench
People will shoot me down for this, but I wouldn’t be against Luke Brooks at the right price - reckon the Tigers would lump in to get rid. I think a change of scenery could get him back firing.
You’d then need a running half - not many on the market. Moyza could have a lifeline, but would take Milford over Moyza if it was for a similar salary, which would have to be less than £500k.

Go Nulla

Bench
People will shoot me down for this, but I wouldn’t be against Luke Brooks at the right price - reckon the Tigers would lump in to get rid. I think a change of scenery could get him back firing.
You’d then need a running half - not many on the market. Moyza could have a lifeline, but would take Milford over Moyza if it was for a similar salary, which would have to be less than £500k.

FMD Brooks lol