What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Successful Club

Rampart66

Juniors
Quick question about the Pittsburgh thing, since you're planning on "representing the city of Pittsburgh" is it safe to assume you will be going with white, black and yellow as your colours? Since they are the colours that, in my mind, represent the city.

Absolutely! Everything here is "black & gold". In no other city are the team colors as important as they are in Pittsburgh. I've seen other teams from other sports come in with differing color schemes and they don't stick around for very long.

joshreading

Staff member
Have heard that the Titans could not meet the standards of the USARL this year an thus can't participate.

I have been wondering whether they may attempt to jump to the AMNRL as on their facebook they say "BIG DEVELOPMENTS IN STORE FOR 2012 STAY TUNED"

They have also presently stated their affiliation as independent

joshreading

Staff member
Have heard that the Titans could not meet the standards of the USARL this year an thus can't participate.

I have been wondering whether they may attempt to jump to the AMNRL as on their facebook they say "BIG DEVELOPMENTS IN STORE FOR 2012 STAY TUNED"

Evil Homer

Staff member

That would make sense if they are unable to meet the standards required to compete in the USARL, which seems possible considering the problems they had last year. I would love to see the AMNRL become a merit league competition for teams that are looking to establish themselves.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
I am a USARL supporter in that I think they did the right thing by splitting with Niu's bunch, and I thought they had done a great job in getting their competition up and running in a very short time, and were being very professional in way they were doing things. But if the Titans have left, and all indications are that they have, why hasn't there been an announcement or something on the USARL website. You can't just report the good stuff or make ambiguous statements about things that might happen (like the other group does), you have to be upfront and let people know what is going on. I'm very disappointed, I thought they were better than this.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Maybe they are still in negotiations and nothing is a sure thing yet? I would rather them be sure before making announcements, rather than doing what the amnrl does - report every little idea that pops in their head (yes its a shared head).

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
Maybe they are still in negotiations and nothing is a sure thing yet? I would rather them be sure before making announcements, rather than doing what the amnrl does - report every little idea that pops in their head (yes its a shared head).
I'd say it's a sure thing. They have removed the Titans logo from the USARL website and added the Baltimore logo. All that needs to be said is that the team is not involved at this time. Further details when they become available. Honest, direct. Don't just sweep it under the rug.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I'd say it's a sure thing. They have removed the Titans logo from the USARL website and added the Baltimore logo. All that needs to be said is that the team is not involved at this time. Further details when they become available. Honest, direct. Don't just sweep it under the rug.
Yeah, some teams have announced their 2012 schedule as well but there hasn't been any mention on the league website, pretty poor to be honest.

GTL

Juniors
Druzik please shed light on who said the Titans could not meet USARL requirements? Let it be said your statement could not be further from the truth.

deal.with.it

Juniors
The USARL did mention the titans leaving the comp, in the original article about the Baltimore team. The next day, the article was edited, the part about the Titans was removed, the Titans logo was reinstated on the USARL website. Now, some weeks or even months on, the Titans logo has been removed again.
My guess - the titans weren't happy they were publicly stated to be leaving the comp. They must have still be trying to play in the 2012 season. However, weeks on, it looks like it is not feasible.
My guess, probably wrong.

druzik

Juniors
Can you shed any light on the situation?

A source within the AMNRL siad the titans were looking to join them. Heard around the traps that some of the management wasn't up to scratch and when asked to change things was rejected.

If this is wrong then so be it... I hope I am.

GTL

Juniors
Druzik please do not be fooled by all the smoke and mirrors and the manipulation of social media. If these sources were so forthright they should come forward.

amnrlfan

Juniors
Titans had a good run in the USARL comp last year, too bad. Hope they don't go down hill once they join the AMNRL.

I would like to see the Sharks make the switch to the USARL!!

amnrlfan

Juniors
So as for the 2012 seasons we have:

USARL: Baltimore Blues / Boston Thirteens / Jacksonville Axemen / New Haven Warriors / Oneida FC / Philadelphia Fight / Rhode Island Rebellion / Washington D.C. Slayers

AMNRL: Utah Avalanche / Northern Virginia Eagles / Aston Bulls / Buck County Sharks / Connecticut WildCats / New York Knights / Northern Raiders / Chicago Stockyarders / New Jersey Turnpike Titans

??????????

RLfan10

Juniors

Its true that news has been very slow from them. Hopefully some new news will come out soon.
How is it that the Titans did not meet the USARL standards but Oneida did? Wasn't Oneida not even able to field a team for the full season last year? I understand there's more to it then just participation but having the best management in the world is worthless if you cant put a team on the field.

druzik

Juniors
Druzik please do not be fooled by all the smoke and mirrors and the manipulation of social media. If these sources were so forthright they should come forward.

OK, can you elaborate on why they are not in the USARL then?

I am open to be shown otherwise.

druzik

Juniors
Titans had a good run in the USARL comp last year, too bad. Hope they don't go down hill once they join the AMNRL.

I would like to see the Sharks make the switch to the USARL!!

Sharks looked at it... but from what I understand they would have had trouble meeting the USARL travel commitments and so opted for the AMNRL.

Latest posts