What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A sunny day in 1975.

fat_mike

Juniors
that roosters raiders game was interesting wasnt it.
mal absolutely destroyed the roosters scoring 38 points.

see i can take the good old stories with the truly shocking.

i'm sure a raiders flogging could be brought up aswell.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
melon.... said:
Its not about appreciating the Roosters. Its about appreciating the memories and history some of the older members can hand down to the kids here.

For Easts fans it was a glorious day. Any day that Saints get thrashed is beautiful. But consider it a bit of NRL history, which in fact it is, and consider yourselves lucky this level of detail and information is still available.

There was no NRL in 1975.

Raiders 2004 said:
Let me find the story of the match...Raiders 66 Roosters 4...should be a good read ay cogburn. :lol:

No it wasn't a great day for the Roosters, but Mal was at his unstoppable best. But credit to the Roosters for bouncing back they had a 12 all draw in the pouring rain in Townsville the following Friday night.

melon....

Coach
Kiwi said:
melon.... said:
Its not about appreciating the Roosters. Its about appreciating the memories and history some of the older members can hand down to the kids here.

For Easts fans it was a glorious day. Any day that Saints get thrashed is beautiful. But consider it a bit of NRL history, which in fact it is, and consider yourselves lucky this level of detail and information is still available.

No offence Melon, but if I was to post something similar about the Broncos I'd be told to post it in the Broncos forum. Lets face it not many non-rooster fans give a rats about something the Roosters did yesterday let alone 28 years ago.
Wrong on both counts. If you were to write something from your memoirs about your team, I think it would be accepted well in this context. As for not caring.... :lol:
You gotta remember, my club is nearly 100 years old and for the last quarter of that century went through some "difficult" periods. I think these old world stories, are good if only they are taken for what they realy are, accounts from a period where our game was truely great...by a supporter that's seen more league than most people here.

And its not all about the Roosters, Cogburn gave Saint George some fair exposure in this thread, and the fact they got flogged!! :lol:

Why not try it yourself. Maybe you can dig up some of the first Broncos squad and a story or two. maybe some QRL matches that contained legends like Miles, Lewis, Close, et al, before the Broncos existed. Not only do I reckon you shouldnt be stopped from publishing that type of thread in this forum, but I dont reckon youd be asked to move it. Too much anal classified cataloguing as it is. One from left field surely wont hurt, except for the twit whingers that have to have a dig at Cogburn for writing this in the "wrong section".

melon....

Coach
Glenn said:
And, that would be the vast majority of people here ;-)

Belongs on the Roosters board for sure. not a NRL board, may surprise you Melon but their is more to the NRL than Sydney City #-o
Youve missed my point. Congratulations, for your efforts you have been rewarded with membership to my ignore list....NEXT!!

melon....

Coach
Evilgrowler said:
melon.... said:

Yes we know, but the Premiership then is the NRL now, the name's changed and so have some of the teams. I think there's nothing wrong with it in the NRL forum.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
melon.... said:
Evilgrowler said:
melon.... said:

Yes we know, but the Premiership then is the NRL now, the name's changed and so have some of the teams. I think there's nothing wrong with it in the NRL forum.

I was just stating the obvious. I also don't recall saying there was anything wrong with it being in the NRL forum. I quite enjoyed the read.

melon....

Coach
Evilgrowler said:
melon.... said:
Evilgrowler said:
melon.... said:

I was just stating the obvious. I also don't recall saying there was anything wrong with it being in the NRL forum. I quite enjoyed the read.
Good, glad you enjoyed it. I dont recall saying you didnt enjoy it. Just wish others here would for the same reasons you did. :D

Bozza 1980

Juniors
Not quite as eloquent as teh initial story that began this thread, however I will have a crack at recounting my most memorable match.

1987 at Parramatta Stadium, with the Eels dreams of back to back premierships becoming fainter by the week, Peter Sterling produced probably one of the best individual performances ever.

The Roosters came to Parramatta September bound, but left looking second rate after Sterling scored 3 tries and had a major hand in the other 3 Parramatta scored that day as the Eels ran away 32-2 winners.

I will never forget how Sterling just did as he pleased as the Roosters watched on helplessly.

It was a wonderful day, one of the best, up there with beating the Broncos in the first match at ANZ but that can wait for another day...

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Whats there to enjoy about it, it's about the Roosters. :roll:
Theres this awesome story, October 2003, NRL Grand Final, Panthers, the best team all year, wins their second premiership in glorious fashion. Scott Sattlers chase of Todd Byrne and amazing tackle on him. What a great game that was, not only did the best team all year win, the team most deserving, that had more talent than the other came out on top. Proving to everyone that cheaters, arrogance, stupidity and a team with Brett Finch does not prosper. :D

I Like that story. :lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
Raiders 2004 said:
Whats there to enjoy about it, it's about the Roosters. :roll:
Theres this awesome story, October 2003, NRL Grand Final, Panthers, the best team all year, wins their second premiership in glorious fashion. Scott Sattlers chase of Todd Byrne and amazing tackle on him. What a great game that was, not only did the best team all year win, the team most deserving, that had more talent than the other came out on top. Proving to everyone that cheaters, arrogance, stupidity and a team with Brett Finch does not prosper. :D

I Like that story. :lol:

So do I! :)

Latest posts