What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aaa

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Haven't your heard? There's been a change of culture.

Barry should release the 'review' for general scrutiny.

The Nulla #2

Bench
Michelle Leslie said:
to the people that know these people I say this.

Barry Pierce is over the hill. He is old, useless and has no track recoed to justify his position.

So what do Cronulla do??????

They make his son CEO becuase he has the numbers on the board.

Are you fans willing to take this nepotism year after year????

Greg Pierce is way our of his depth.
He is an accountant who was ridiculed by the current plalying roster.
He employs yes people who will play the game.

:lol:

Is this good enough for the Shire?????
Are u willing to let another 2 seasons go by with no results???

All the current players wanted Adrian Lam.

So what happens?
They employ Stuart who comes in wielding extraordinary amounts of power because he is the Autralian coach. (Does this sound like Ando???)

Who made this decision people???
The Pierce family I tell you!!!!!!!

It reaks of the same mistakes made over and over again.

Take action.
Cease the nepotism.

Get rid of Greg and Barry Pierce.
They have only caused disharmony and futility.

:lol: back to bali for you brother

spider

Coach
Obtained a $9.6m grant for ground upgrade

Have commenced reburshment projects within the club and more to commence in the year.

Sourced and appointed a coach that has experienced winning a premiership at playing and coaching level

Brought in Dymock who has a proven ability in recruitment and development

Under went a review to attend to problems in the structure

As a result of the review have restructured football staff/Manahement as per recomendation of the review

A positive culture due to respect alone for the new coaching staff is evident among the players.

Ricky Stuart and team posess more respect/knowledge than the last 3 years could have imagined.

Faith has been shown with executing plans for a vision of a successful era - yeah, yeah, seen it before with Ando one might say. But at least they didnt sit on their hands and keep the current problem at the time.

But yeah - off with their heads i say.

spider

Coach
beekershark said:
none of which will make any difference unless ricky stuart produces a premiership in the next 3 seasons.

He has been given both reins to race the horse with - therefore success/consequence fall with him now - not them.

coolumsharkie

Referee
beekershark said:
none of which will make any difference unless ricky stuart produces a premiership in the next 3 seasons.

Yeah thats so right in an un-said way, It's almost as if it's becoming a place where only the brave will dare. A couple of successful seasons without the Trophy will appease the fans no longer imho.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
SpiderShark said:
He has been given both reins to race the horse with - therefore success/consequence fall with him now - not them.

spot on.
success wont be measured by trophies either.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Ultimately, yes.
Our biggest hurdle is maintaining a competitive club. Not a club with sporadic spurts of hope.
Every club is moving forwards in strengthening. We were inreal danger of falling behind the likes of Manly south sydney Newcastle in terms of future proofing.

cheese

Bench
I want a premiership, but I dont really care at this stage

I just want to see us financial again. And to be back in the "game"

Being a consistent top 8 team makes us less likely to be lured to gosford.

I rich club is a successful club. We'll continue to be farked if we keep lingering around the 12th - 13th mark.

If Dick gets us back in the 8, i'll be happy. With that will come the other fruits. Big name players, improved sponsorship potential, better chance of snaring the best young players etc

The fact that a player like O'meley is even considering us is MASSIVE step forward imo. A year ago he wouldn't have pizzed on us if we were on fire.

beekershark

Bench
SpiderShark said:

That's what the Board would spin out as their line Spider, they are world class at one thing and one thing only, diverting blame and responsibility. John Lang had both reins and famously so did Chris Anderson, neither won the premiership and no one in league that I know blames them. At some stage this board will need to accept that they are the one constant influence at the club overseeing the coaching changes, player changes etc etc. If they fail to bring a premiership it rests squarely on thier shoulders. Don't worry, they'll claim a huge part of achieving it if we DO win the cup and rightfully so, so why should they take no responsibility for the failures ?

spider

Coach
I believe success has already started with relation to the affiliation and how they have adopted the new system in the junior develpment.

beekershark

Bench
cheese said:
I want a premiership, but I dont really care at this stage

I just want to see us financial again. And to be back in the "game"

Being a consistent top 8 team makes us less likely to be lured to gosford.

Nothing wrong with that way of thinking Cheese at all IMO, the thing that pisses me off about the current board is that we HAD a financially well off club and a consistant top 8 ( top 4 ) team when they took over the reins................ People forget that. now they are attempting to take credit for putting things in place to get us BACK to where we were 8 years ago.

spider

Coach
beekershark said:
Nothing wrong with that way of thinking Cheese at all IMO, the thing that pisses me off about the current board is that we HAD a financially well off club and a consistant top 8 ( top 4 ) team when they took over the reins................ People forget that. now they are attempting to take credit for putting things in place to get us BACK to where we were 8 years ago.

You carry a woody for the board brother beeks?

cheese

Bench
Maybe Beeks, but we were at the end of an era. The core team was aging.

The inevitable rebuild is what f**ked us, not the board. Opes went in too hard.

beekershark

Bench
SpiderShark said:
I believe success has already started with relation to the affiliation and how they have adopted the new system in the junior develpment.

Success has "started" ?? that's impossible to say Spider. Processes , restructuring and staff changes have been made that are very positive and designed to bring success by a proven national coach.............. Success or failure is the end result of that. Something our Board has failed to wait to assess with our previous two coaches.....coaches they employed themselves.

This is groundhog day, it sounds like the off season chris anderson was appointed. Hopefully the board will have learned from their f**k ups in the past ( with our money mind you) and manage the club properly and let stuart do his best.

beekershark

Bench
cheese said:
Maybe Beeks, but we were at the end of an era. The core team was aging.

The inevitable rebuild is what f**ked us, not the board. Opes went in too hard.

Opes wasn't managed mate, but that's another arguement.

You're right, re-builds have to be done and we were getting due, but my arguement is, and always has been and always will be, that the BOARD is the football club board, they are in their positions to over see , control and plan the current and future of the Sharks Football Club, does anyone argue with that ?

And in that position, they are where the the buck stops for the f**ked up re-builds, the failed recruitment policies and lack of masterplan over the past seasons. That's why I'm pisses off with them because its been nothing but a mixed bag of latest failed ideas, stop gap measures and wallowing in mediocrity. We've been left behind by clubs that we were all over in so many areas 8 years ago, the board is charged with the job of over seeing i and will rightfully get my plaudits and others if they achieve success, but they must also accept blame for the past , something that they refuse to do.