What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Cannings

Stagger eel

Staff member
Agent Mulder said:
Fui is a bloody axe, Souths must be spewing hehehe.

he wouldn't been the player he is today without the work done by Hayden Knowles and Craig Catterick.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
if i can remember a few games last season fui and cannings were coming of the bench together and killed it. lets hope there both fit and firing next year they could be lethal.

sooperdooper

First Grade
no one wants to get injured... no one likes getting injured.

i dont know cannings and have never met him, but i dont know anyone that wouldnt want to play to there best at there best level... cannings can play lets just hope he fixes himself up

CharlieF

Juniors
Canning never had any major injury issues at Manly. Always made an impact. He should have stayed, but took the money. Can't blame him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:
Canning never had any major injury issues at Manly. Always made an impact. He should have stayed, but took the money. Can't blame him.

he had injury problems at Manly...he injured himself badly falling off a balcany, do you remember?

CharlieF

Juniors
eelavation said:
he had injury problems at Manly...he injured himself badly falling off a balcany, do you remember?

Yes he did, but it wasn't an on-field injury. Anyway the guy we traded Cannings with at the Eels will be playing this weekend. You will be able to see if it was a good trade or not. I reckon they are the same type of players except that Leuleui has been on the field a lot longer (and was cheaper).

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:
Yes he did, but it wasn't an on-field injury. Anyway the guy we traded Cannings with at the Eels will be playing this weekend. You will be able to see if it was a good trade or not. I reckon they are the same type of players except that Leuleui has been on the field a lot longer (and was cheaper).

so bloody what??..what does not having an injury on the field with a particular club have anything to do with it.

CharlieF

Juniors
eelavation said:
so bloody what??..what does not having an injury on the field with a particular club have anything to do with it.

Some one was suggesting that he is injury prone. I was just suggesting that at Manly he was not injury prone, so I would assume that he is not injury prone at the eels. Is he available to play now?

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:
Some one was suggesting that he is injury prone. I was just suggesting that at Manly he was not injury prone, so I would assume that he is not injury prone at the eels. Is he available to play now?

if he hadn't suffered 2 major injuries this season he probably would be playing first grading.

parra pete

Referee
eelavation said:

When they checked him out they found kryptonite in his pocket....someone had sabotaged him......

lucablight

First Grade
Cannings has never impressed me apart from a couple of one game wonders which is a shame because he seems like the sort of player who has the ability to carve up. The main thing that concerns me about Cannings is that whenever he played our defence always seemed to be compromised and he always looked unfit. I really hope he can come good next year.

Hellsy

Immortal
I dont think CharlieF was having a dig at anyone............ he was just commenting on the subject at hand........

Choppy71

He's got a worse injury record than David Woods or dare I say it Brett Papworth (ok maybe not that bad) but I am surprised he was re-signed hopefully it was an incentive contract....He can be good if he can play 2 in a row....

Parraren

Bench
Funnily though, I don't remember him having any injuries when he was with Manly for his first 2 years.

I wouldn't label him 'injury prone' just yet, I think he's just had a bad run recently unfortunately.

caylo

Bench
yep, cayless said out go forward did struggle when fui came off, is say we need 2 props off the bench, and they would be out of tsulos, cordoba, vella and cannings. id say azz could help that go forward problem, and cordoba has been on fire. although vella has played well off the bench in the past, and tsulous has shown us wot he can do. tough call

Latest posts