What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aaron gorrell

Redback71

First Grade
as been given permission to negotiate with other clubs

do u think he would be a good buy?
at least he can kick goals from the side line

Phillips

Referee
decent player

but we already have Riddell and Marsh ... as well as Morris (if he stays)

V1er

Juniors
Would be a handy back for both piggy and PJ if either get injured, couldnt see him forcing his way into first grade but you never know.

Stagger eel

Staff member
don't forget Matt Keating guys..if there's a bloke who could jump PJ and Ridell at Hooker it's Keating, he's been playing his best football yet and his just turned 20 I believe.

We don't need Gorrall

Parra Guru

Coach
Gorrell is very hot/cold. Good goal kicker, but he sometimes takes poor 5th tackle options which have cost the Dragons at times.

I would prefer we try and buy a decent 5/8 and retain Morris for hooker than sign Gorrell.

Kornstar

Coach
No thanks!

As Eela said, Keating has really come along great and at this rate may seriously push Mark Riddell into the second row permanently.

He is alot faster than he looks too, anyone who saw his dummy half run from about 20 out on Saturday night to score would agree that he is pretty damn quick!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
No thanks!

As Eela said, Keating has really come along great and at this rate may seriously push Mark Riddell into the second row permanently.

He is alot faster than he looks too, anyone who saw his dummy half run from about 20 out on Saturday night to score would agree that he is pretty damn quick!

I was just about to bring that up Korny!!..I had a discussion to Colonel about him the other day and we both agreed that he's come along in leaps and bounds, that was a great try and I was flippen out with the turn of pace he showed from dummy half. I didn't know he was that quick.

parralight

Juniors
Pity we couldnt dump Riddell. We could buy someone like Gorrell who would give us as much or if not more than Mark and save us a bundle too.

The Colonel

Immortal
Matt Keating ran down a back a few weeks ago with a decent start and pulled him downj short of the line. Great service from dummy half as well. He has come along exceptionally well.

Phillips

Referee
parralight said:
Pity we couldnt dump Riddell. We could buy someone like Gorrell who would give us as much or if not more than Mark and save us a bundle too.

agreed.

pity we didnt keep Lee Hopkins

hineyrulz

Post Whore
gorrell good player but we have 3 rakes at the club atm with young keating in pl why would we need one more? good signing for souths though

parralight

Juniors
Lee was a player who didnt have the natural talent of a Riddell or a Smith but he gave 100% in every game he had with Parra.
Somehow I think I would rather have that sort of player with us.

Utey

Coach
Matty Keating, how goods he going lately! I havent seen as much prems as Id like but always stands out!

1eyedeel

Juniors
Yeh, I'll get on the Matt Keating bandwagon too.. Very happy with him as backup to the first string hookers.. Anyway know if Jimmy Storer looks like staing next year?

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
I was just about to bring that up Korny!!..I had a discussion to Colonel about him the other day and we both agreed that he's come along in leaps and bounds, that was a great try and I was flippen out with the turn of pace he showed from dummy half. I didn't know he was that quick.

I have been impressed with him this year, i thought he had potential for the last 2 years but he wasn't really stepping up, then this year, my god he has been one of the best players. He will be in first grade in no time with the progress he has made. I was dead serious when i said i think he will eventualy force Riddell into the back row.......that is of course if he stays that long

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mark Riddell (when in-form) brings enthusiasm, passion, a decent dummy-half kicking game, ok goal-kicking, danger from dummy-half in the opposition's 10 metre zone...Whether he has been in form this season or not is open to debate, but he does offer plenty.

As for Gorrell, no thanks.

Latest posts