What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

Wizardman

First Grade
The man retired today. Since following Balmain in the last 80's, he is the only regular captain that I've disliked in my time of following the club. The way he behaved that year when the big 4 were torn apart was disgraceful for a captain.

Thank god the ass didn't come back when Madge wanted him. Easily the biggest mistake of his career was leaving. He had a job for life here and could have milked us like a cow with his limited ability. Lets hope we do not give him any job at the club.

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
He came along at just the right time when NRL props who could play 60+ minutes and plod out 20+ runs for 190m and make 40 tackles were in high demand (think Gallen, McGuire, Fensom etc). Once the game quickened up, these guys value immediately plummeted.

In hindsight, probably one of the best decisions the club ever made letting him go to the Dogs. He was a rep player at the time, and would have been the most Tigers thing ever to sign him up long-term on big money.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Woods doesn't get anywhere near the hate he deserves. I have zero issue with a guy leaving, however he was our captain and was actively encouraging/recruiting our players to sign elsewhere whilst we were in negotiations with them. Absolute scum. I love that he became the laughing stock of the NRL shortly after leaving us. Rot in Hell.

Latest posts