What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC Poll on favorite sport

Bluebag

Juniors
Also some details on the Department of communications to put pressure on the ABC.

dcita.mail@dcita.gov.au

The Minister Helen Coonan
minister@dcita.gov.au

The question that needs to be asked of the department is why does the ABC in NSW show club rugby as opposed to rugby league. Each state shows the most popular game of that state except NSW and in regional areas they miss out. Why do the majority of league fans in NSW have to pay to watch our game unlike other states and when yuo can watch lawn bowls, netball and even lacrosse when the highest rating game in this state is rugby league.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Bluebag said:
Also some details on the Department of communications to put pressure on the ABC.

dcita.mail@dcita.gov.au

The Minister Helen Coonan
minister@dcita.gov.au

The question that needs to be asked of the department is why does the ABC in NSW show club rugby as opposed to rugby league. Each state shows the most popular game of that state except NSW and in regional areas they miss out. Why do the majority of league fans in NSW have to pay to watch our game unlike other states and when yuo can watch lawn bowls, netball and even lacrosse when the highest rating game in this state is rugby league.

The reason why the NSWRL Premier League is not shown on the ABC while the QLR Queensland Cup is (Live broadcasts 8)) is .....

Because the NSWRL said no to the ABC :?.

Apparently, the ABC offered the QRL and NSWRL the same deal. QRL said yes.

I have heard that the NSWRL Premier League broadcasts rights are held by a broadcaster (Optus? Ch.Nein?) but do not know if this is the case.

But, it is not because of the ABC.

Grantwhy

Juniors
RL leading by 12% now but with only 1183 votes total

Which is your favourite sport?

AFL 24%
Basketball 2%
Cricket 11%
Rugby League 36%
Rugby Union 10%
Soccer 8%
Swimming 1%
Other 8%

1183 votes counted

wittyfan

Referee
AFL 29%
Basketball 2%
Cricket 10%
Rugby League 34%
Rugby Union 9%
Soccer 8%
Swimming 1%
Other 7%
1283 votes counted

Le Rouge

Juniors
:-k Just noticed that the number of votes has increased by about 100
and AFL is catching up. which means in the last 5-10mins the last 100 votes in a row have been for AFL.

After 1333 votes

AFL 30%
League 33%

Just like the sport of AFL............ Sumthin Suss is happening [-X

Bluebag

Juniors
Grantwhy, you are partially correct but let me clear up a few points.

Prior to 2002 Nine held the rights which did not allow anyone contracted to NRL sides being involved in any other competition. Since then the rights have been waived but no one at the NSWRL had ever contacted the ABC to advise in fact I did.

The ABC have had some talks with the league but wanted some money to show the games which the league did not want to pay, yet my information is that union do not pay. Nor does the bowls or many other sports. So why league.

Also the league did want JB shown not Premier league. Anyway the best way to bring this to a head is to keep pushing the ABC and league together and not let the issue die.

It is the dullest day on a Saturday when I am at home if the union is on even their GF is not a huge crowd about 11k.

So if people keep asking the ABC and they keep asking maybe just maybe the league will get its act together and get it shown. Even if the ABC want some money why not use the VB sponsorship pay for this it only helps their cause.

Also the league claimed the ABC would not show a sponsored competition which my answer is why do Tooheys sponsor the union then? It just means they do not mention any sponsors.

Le Rouge

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol:

1380 votes and now AFL is in the lead.

This poll is about as accurate as an election in the Ukraine or Zimbabwe

Red Bear

Referee
AFL 32%
Basketball 2%
Cricket 9%
Rugby League 30%
Rugby Union 8%
Soccer 11%
Swimming 1%
Other 7%
1490 votes counted

bulldog

Bench
I voted from work and just now when I got home, c'mon we can't let gay-f-hell win

AFL 32% :evil:
Basketball 2%
Cricket 9%
Rugby League 30% 8)
Rugby Union 8%
Soccer 11%
Swimming 1%
Other 7%

1496 votes counted

Razor

Coach
I have heard that the NSWRL Premier League broadcasts rights are held by a broadcaster (Optus? Ch.Nein?) but do not know if this is the case.

Fox Sports own the rights, but choose not to show it because "In our opinion our viewers are not interested in Premier League. Fox Sports shows 7 NRL matches a week, plus 2 ESL matches a week. There is a total of 9 Rugby League matches shown a week on Fox Sports, which is more than any other sport" when I emailed them asking before this season started.

Razor

Coach
AFL 31%
Basketball 2%
Cricket 9%
Rugby League 31%
Rugby Union 8%
Soccer 11%
Swimming 1%
Other 7%
1520 votes counted

DIEHARD

----
Someone must have posted the link on a queer website, nothing else could explain the sudden spike in votes for AFL.

Latest posts