What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abdul Razzaq

Gilly was great the other day. But under all sorts of pressure today Abdul Razzaq produced one of the greatest displays of hitting I have seen.

89 off 40 balls.

Topped off what was a fine game of One Day cricket.

With fielding being the real difference.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
He is, without doubt, one of the best batsmen going around.

Although Gilchrists effort was fantastic, it was against Zimbabwe. New Zealand and Pakistan are two evenly matched teams, and it was certainly one of the best hitting displays i have seen - possibly ever, in a losing result.

Mind you, New Zealands bowling wasn't exactly difficult to dispatch.

Anonymous

Juniors
He's done it to us 10 games straight. I don't see how the guy can only be averaging in the 20s, he is a freak. Can hit boundaries at will.

I just started a thread on him at cricketweb.net, entitled "Abdul Razzaq- the best since Bradman". Obviously it's a piss-take, but it's unbelievable how he's batting at the moment. I just hope he keeps doing it to other teams and not just us.

Did you happen to see the first game of the Pakistan-NZ series is Pakistan a few months back? We made 290-odd and they chased it. They needed something like 110 off the last 10 overs and Razzaq got most of them.

Anonymous

Juniors
Also, is his name Abdur or Abdul? It seems to change every time he plays.

The weird thing is he has a great bowling record, yet I swear he is a pie-lobber. He is one of the most awesome batsman I have ever seen but his record is ordinary.

Anonymous

Juniors
Did you happen to see the first game of the Pakistan-NZ series is Pakistan a few months back? We made 290-odd and they chased it. They needed something like 110 off the last 10 overs and Razzaq got most of them.

I just looked it up. When the 7th wicket fell they needed 65 off 39 balls. They only took 27 balls to get there, Razzaq ended up on 47 off 22.

aqua_duck

Coach
I rate Razzaq as a world class all rounder but he's not a world class batsman, he lacks consistency hence his average, he's abit like Shahid Afridi with the bat, usually crap but when he fires, he really fires.

Iafeta

Referee
I have a feeling the batting side is about to change. If the last half a season is anything to go by, he'll be difficult for more than just NZ to dislodge.

Its his bowling that would worry me if I was his skipper. It can be a little short at time, his pace is a bit slow for that.

Thierry mate, most of the subcontinental players names change. Also, their age... etc. Ganguly used to be Saurav, now its Sourav or something. Rameez Raja was Ramiz Raja etc etc. Some bloke with a beard and wrinkles was apparently 14 when he made his test debut.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Just came back from the game
Brilliant game of cricket,Raffaq was great but NZ's bowling was abit on the average side bar Jacob Oram

aqua_duck

Coach
Iafeta said:
I have a feeling the batting side is about to change. If the last half a season is anything to go by, he'll be difficult for more than just NZ to dislodge.

Its his bowling that would worry me if I was his skipper. It can be a little short at time, his pace is a bit slow for that.

Thierry mate, most of the subcontinental players names change. Also, their age... etc. Ganguly used to be Saurav, now its Sourav or something. Rameez Raja was Ramiz Raja etc etc. Some bloke with a beard and wrinkles was apparently 14 when he made his test debut.
Its all dodgy mate

Anonymous

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
Iafeta said:

Its all dodgy mate

Hasen Raja :lol: But I can assure you he was 14.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He's never done any good against the Aussies.

I saw him bat, he was helped alot by some poor bowling, partiulary a lot of leg side foll tosses.

That aside, you have to be good to put them away all time, like he did.

Anonymous

Juniors
Twizzle said:
He's never done any good against the Aussies.

I saw him bat, he was helped alot by some poor bowling, partiulary a lot of leg side foll tosses.

That aside, you have to be good to put them away all time, like he did.

I don't really agree, because throughout the last 10 matches NZ have tried EVERYTHING on him and nothing has worked. They've resorted to leg side bowling, attempted yorkers etc because he makes a mockery of orthodox, line and length bowling.

I agree with Iafeta that he can become a real world beater as a batsman (especially considering all the flat pitches these days) as long as he doesn't get suckered into toning down his aggression. He's at his best when he's trying to smack everything to the boundary.

As for his bowling- well he has something like 180 ODI wickets from 150 matches, and that includes lots of matches of flat sub-continent wickets, so he must be doing something right, although for the life of me I have no idea what it is. And the amazing thing is he's only 23! (In Pakistan years anyway).

Anonymous

Juniors
What the hell does Kyle Mills add to the NZ side? They seem to think that he is a good bowler at the death, but on numerous occassions Razzaq has shown them otherwise.

What was wrong with Tuffey and Ian Butler that had Mills in that side yesterday?

ThrashViking

Juniors
Tuffey was rested because of a minor injury,Butler was dropped for some unknown reason
I'd rather have Mills in the side than Adams

Kiwi

First Grade
Earl said:
What the hell does Kyle Mills add to the NZ side? They seem to think that he is a good bowler at the death, but on numerous occassions Razzaq has shown them otherwise.

What was wrong with Tuffey and Ian Butler that had Mills in that side yesterday?

I think you'll find the reason is leading the 5 match series 3 - 1 prompted it. Had Bond played the first 4 he would have been rested too in the same situation. It's a good time to blood young guys, but Mills obviously is not the right guy, but then Tuffey didn't do much when he first burst onto the scene and look at him now.

The Black Caps fully fit are a real chance to take out the next world cup. With Flemming, Cummings, Marshall, Astle, McMillan, Styris we have the batting depth to go with bowlers Tuffey, Bond, Vettori, Oram, Styris ect.

If the NZ XI looks like this

Astle
Flemming
Marshall
Cummings
Styris
McMillan
McCullum
Vettori
Oram
Bond
Tuffey

Then look out Oz here comes the Black Caps.

Anonymous

Juniors
Thats what i was going to say, surley there is someone better than Cumming.

The weak link in the bowling could possibly be Daryl Tuffey as he one of those bowlers bowlers who is super consstent on a good line and length. unforunatly this just translates to being in the slot in one day cricket.