What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abdul Razzaq

ThrashViking

Juniors
Hamish Marshall's brother James should be in the side in another 2-3 years as well,He isnt doing verry well this year though :(

Iafeta

Referee
Mills is an excellent swing bowler. His record is something like 4.3 runs per over, 25 runs per wicket. Considering most of his international appearances have been in the sub continent, thats a very good record by NZ standards. Also, he has a couple of first class tons so can bat very handily as well, plus being an outstanding set of hands in the outfield. He's a bit like Damien Fleming, can genuinely knick out good players with big swing. The spell he bowled in Napier was outstanding. He's only just put his hand up to be a regular death bowler, and did it okay at Christchurch ableit one over. There's more optimism for mine with him firing down the last overs than Andre Adams, that is for sure. I can't believe the decline in Andres game, when he first came on there was so much potential as a genuine all-rounder of game turning ability. He can still turn a game, just for the worse now.

Thierry Henry, would it surprise you that Razzaq will probably retire when he's 27 (at least in his statistical age anyway). If he's 23, and Daniel Vettori was Pakistani, he'd be 12 again. Suppose they've all got to get into the Wisden record books for something. Might as well be their alibi ages. Either that or they've all extremely tough lives.

I reckon one way that you might experiment on Razzaq is going around the wicket and going right at his feet, hence minimising his room. He'd have to open up a lot further to go to his power zone down the ground and would slice a lot to extra cover.

Cumming is a fine batsman just lacked some confidence at a start, he will play in the SA series.
The way the Bracewell talked about him i won't be suprised if he opens in the tests.

Anonymous

Juniors
No, Cumming is not up to it. Sorry. I'd rather have this team

Astle
Fleming
Marshall
Styris
McMillan
Cairns
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Bond
Tuffey

I know Cairns isn't a long term option but he can still smash the bowling, and bowl a few overs if absolutely necessary. Although I know the selectors have this thing about Astle batting at no.3, so we might be stuck with Cumming (or perhaps Papps? Ryder? McIntosh?).

And no, I don't agree that NZ suddenly has a great team. We've had a pretty solid side for about 5 years now and this one is no better or worse. I'd venture to say the 1999 World Cup team was stronger, when we still had Nash, Parore, Allott, O'Connor etc. A lot of our guys are getting a bit old now and I don't hold any great hopes for 2007.

Thierry Henry, would it surprise you that Razzaq will probably retire when he's 27 (at least in his statistical age anyway). If he's 23, and Daniel Vettori was Pakistani, he'd be 12 again. Suppose they've all got to get into the Wisden record books for something. Might as well be their alibi ages. Either that or they've all extremely tough lives.

I reckon one way that you might experiment on Razzaq is going around the wicket and going right at his feet, hence minimising his room. He'd have to open up a lot further to go to his power zone down the ground and would slice a lot to extra cover.

:lol: Much like Waqar Younis who is apparently only 32. He was a geriatric by "25".

I reckon we should've put a fine-leg and deep square leg back and bowled bouncers and chest high short of a length balls at Razzaq. Sure, the odd one might have disappeared over the boundary, but I reckon he is most happy smashing full balls down the ground. Attempted yorkers are his meat and drink, as most end up half-volleys and low full tosses. A few well directed leg-stump bouncers would probably see him skying hooks to our men in the deep.