What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About time to take a few old dogs out the back?

dogslife

Coach
And shoot them. Patten, Ryan and Kimmorley have been among our most inconsistent all year, showed again tonight. Too much drop ball, too many bonehead decisions in good field position. Lets not forget Kevin Moore who continues to bewilder me with his selections. Blake Green is not a 5/8th's arsehole, Ryan Tandy virtually walks into the team like he must be gods gift to footy, no Joel Romelo who's been killing it, and he originally left out Barba although thank christ he actually played because he was the only one who remembered to take his skill pill today. Let's get it together boys!

jimmythehand

Juniors
can't disagree with you on much of that.

Blake Green seems to cop a lot of flak, I don't think he's that bad. Might even go as far to say that I'd prefer him over Roberts. However, I would prefer Barba over both of them.

ByRd

First Grade
Jimmy, Roberts is way ahead of Green its not funny, he offers alot more to the side. Green was doing well earlier in the year in the backrow but since his move to 5/8 he has been ordinary and Moore honestly has to give Barba the start at 6 next week, we have nothing to lose this year so give him a go and let him play and get some experience which will only help going forward.

Also, bring up Browne instead of Tandy and let him have a go for the year and prove himself, our young guys must be blooded to gain experience.

Seriously, im so over this side right now....freaking frustrating

maestro1

Bench
I thought Tandy had a stormer for you guys. He was charging into the defence and made good in-roads. Only one dropped ball from a ball that put a hell of a lot of pressure on him....heaps of defence jamming in on him.

dogslife

Coach
I can't say im a massive fan of ben roberts either, but he's got blake green covered. I'd be happy to see Green in the second row but on the proviso that they keep him away from the ball on 5th tackle because the man just cannot kick

Stagger eel

Staff member
I can't say im a massive fan of ben roberts either, but he's got blake green covered. I'd be happy to see Green in the second row but on the proviso that they keep him away from the ball on 5th tackle because the man just cannot kick

Blake Green in the 2nd row?? :lol:

are you on drugs???????

Bulldog Force

Referee
Um before Roberts went down he was playing in the 2nd row and was doing ok, much better then he is now
I'd like to know Moore's reason for not starting with Barba at 5/8th. He is capable of playing that position and why he keeps him for impact is beyond me. It's not like we're meant to be playing catch-up football the whole time!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Green ahead of Roberts? :lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MatthewA

Juniors
Roberts > Green.

Tandy, bar Barba, was our best player against Titans and would be my prop ahead of Hodgson. Ryan has been fantastic IMO but I agree with the rest of your thoughts. I don't think Patten has been too bad, but Kimmorley is just not himself.

I think his NSW omission and the fact he'll more than likely hang up the boots at the end of the year has just gotten to him.

Timmah

Staff member
I honestly think Morris has been as fantastic as possible, he's gotten significantly less ball with Green at #6 and he's still scored about 9 tries in 12 games.

MatthewA

Juniors
My only fault for J Moz is that he backs himself too often when he should be passing.

But he is really missing a decent 5/8 and with Barba to start (I hope) that will rectify the problem.

Spot On

Coach
I'd like to know Moore's reason for not starting with Barba at 5/8th. He is capable of playing that position and why he keeps him for impact is beyond me. It's not like we're meant to be playing catch-up football the whole time!

Moore been quoted as saying Barba is not physically ready to play 80 mins of NRL each week. His words (Moore's) not mine.

MatthewA

Juniors
I can agree with what Moore is saying. Barba has played 80 this year and goes missing. Albeit at half back, so I'd be keen to see how he goes with a full 80 at 5/8.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Moore been quoted as saying Barba is not physically ready to play 80 mins of NRL each week. His words (Moore's) not mine.

I rather that it's mentally he goes missing. I think he likes being an x-factor, but he has to realise at times that you need to play it safe, and use the percentage plays.

How long before Roberts is back on the field, can't wait to see him back in the lineup.

Timmah

Staff member
I hope Roberts is rushed back tbh... we need him desperately, I think he's the key to us making the finals. We're lacking direction with Green.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

We'd be underneath Melbourne on minus points :lol:

jimmythehand

Juniors
to quote someone else on this forum, roberts is a spastic. He's proven time and time again that he takes poor options and has terrible execution.

Roberts made 2 line breaks and scored 1 try and 3 try assists in 7 games, 15 tackle busts and not a single line break assist.

Green has also played 7 games (with less game time), he's made 7 line breaks, 2 line break assists, 1 try, and 23 tackle busts.

The attacking stats are well in favour of Green. Defensively, I have memories of Roberts making a few horrible one on one blunders to let tries in, but nothing like that from Green.

Green is not a great kicker of the ball. Roberts is a good kicker of the ball occasionally, but he's very inconsistent, can be just as horrible as Green kicking the ball, but has the propensity to take horrible options like kicking too early which Green doesn't.

Can't see how you could laugh at me wanting Green over Roberts.