What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actual Team vs Titans

ghoti

Bench
Doesn't help when half the movement talk is just journo bullshit manipulated by managers to give clubs the fear.. if this shit wasn't reported on in 10 minute intervals I'd hazard a guess that most fans would not give a shit for longer than a day or two after each signing.

If the problem is players signing early and staying on... Like no one has really talked about Kaufuasi to us, Papali'i to Wests, etc etc since it happened.. most of the time no one cares half as much as they say they do either

Imo as always - the NRL's biggest problem is the muck raking low standard of brain-dead journos and cheap ass media + clubs/managers leaking bullshit to stir the pot. Until they figure out a way to control the narrative, all these half problems and non problems will be stirred up into clickbait tornadoes all year round.

Drives me f**ken nuts

ghoti

Bench
Doesn't help when half the movement talk is just journo bullshit manipulated by managers to give clubs the fear.. if this shit wasn't reported on in 10 minute intervals I'd hazard a guess that most fans would not give a shit for longer than a day or two after each signing.

If the problem is players signing early and staying on... Like no one has really talked about Kaufuasi to us, Papali'i to Wests, etc etc since it happened.. most of the time no one cares half as much as they say they do either

Imo as always - the NRL's biggest problem is the muck raking low standard of brain-dead journos and cheap ass media + clubs/managers leaking bullshit to stir the pot. Until they figure out a way to control the narrative, all these half problems and non problems will be stirred up into clickbait tornadoes all year round.

Drives me f**ken nuts
Totally wrong thread but I'm in rant mode.. the other annoying thing is that this NRL regime knows that one of their biggest passive earners is media/social media reach for the sake of reach... just any numbers that get eyes can get dumped into a report for strength of brand to onsale to potential sponsors.. the any news is good news thing but with metrics to put on a fkn PowerPoint slide. So it's not in their interest at all to do anything but stoke controversy and allow show trials and media speculation etc

(Obviously not just an NRL problem but what a time to be alive)

With our current injuries and suspensions looks like a few debuts are coming. Hope the ones chosen give it real hot go.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Drives me f**ken nuts

More than half I'd say. Not only do they fuel the fires of speculation in context of player movements they influence the actual interpretations of rules and processes in games

Some of my favourites

Seperation when a try is "scored" - Not in the laws of the game. They still say you can ground the ball with a torso yet due to media "seperation" is now real thing.

All their hyperbole around head high tackles. I blame the overuse of ex players in commentary who carry far too much empathy for players and will happily comment on severity based on swerving, falling, sidestepping, not being "his go", good guyism blah blah blah when the rule is black and white. You can not attack the head of the player. I Don't care if it hits the shoulder, ball or the victim's todger first,. Hit in the head is a hit in the head.

Their seemingly persisitent competition to coin the best phrases shits me.

Their diagnosing injuries in commentary when they have no medical training or understanding of mechanism of injury. Geez the amount of times they call a knee for an ankle injury and the like shits me to tears.

The way ex players run agendas for whatever team they are attached to also shits me. This shouldn't even be allowed IMO. It's conflict.

Rant will be continued without apology if I feel inclined :)

ghoti

Bench
More than half I'd say. Not only do they fuel the fires of speculation in context of player movements they influence the actual interpretations of rules and processes in games

Some of my favourites

Seperation when a try is "scored" - Not in the laws of the game. They still say you can ground the ball with a torso yet due to media "seperation" is now real thing.

All their hyperbole around head high tackles. I blame the overuse of ex players in commentary who carry far too much empathy for players and will happily comment on severity based on swerving, falling, sidestepping, not being "his go", good guyism blah blah blah when the rule is black and white. You can not attack the head of the player. I Don't care if it hits the shoulder, ball or the victim's todger first,. Hit in the head is a hit in the head.

Their seemingly persisitent competition to coin the best phrases shits me.

Their diagnosing injuries in commentary when they have no medical training or understanding of mechanism of injury. Geez the amount of times they call a knee for an ankle injury and the like shits me to tears.

The way ex players run agendas for whatever team they are attached to also shits me. This shouldn't even be allowed IMO. It's conflict.

Rant will be continued without apology if I feel inclined :)
Yeah all that is farkeddd.. production standards are so low at 9 and Fox that allow commentators can run their mouth on this shit without having their mics cut.. its frustrating

If NRL didn't dump half their staff in pandemic and then erase half their production after broadcaster pressure they were halfway there to having a strong mouthpiece that wasn't easily swayed, but what can ya do??

But we read click and complain anyway so.. we get what we deserve

Frenzy.

Immortal
I do love a diagnosis at time of injury. That being said, I have a better strike rate than the commentators.

I know you do. Take Turbo in last weeks game. The commentators had him ready for a hindquarter amputation.

He had a cork LOL LOL

Why do they wait about 2 minutes before sending a try upstairs.

And then get it wrong anyway.

Oh well suck shit Newcastle.

Latest posts