What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ad in the West Australian

Perth Red

Post Whore
45257_1611127796883_1196907613_31765824_844240_n.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
They're advertising on the radio in prominant timeslots on popular stations too. IHLS are legends for spreading the word like they are.

If I was bald or balding, I'd be looking to them first because of this!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Could make for an interesting line up in 2013! Wonder if complimentary hair treatment comes under the salary cap?

jargan83

Coach
They're advertising on the radio in prominant timeslots on popular stations too. IHLS are legends for spreading the word like they are.

I heard the ad during the Hamish and Andy show yesterday twice in the space of 20 minutes. Getting on the most listened to show on the radio is extremely good.

Well done IHLS!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh it's great they are obviously pumping some serious $'s in to do it and a very innovative way of advertising their product and getting the bid out to the WA public. Well done all concerned.

Nuke

Staff member
Could make for an interesting line up in 2013! Wonder if complimentary hair treatment comes under the salary cap?
It may well do. If their treatment doesn't work though, they could always give them a salary cap to wear to cover their balding heads.

Okay, bad pun. Bad joke. I regret nothing..!

Swamp

Juniors
They just need to announce a major sponsor like FMG to have full credibility with the public & I believe they would be a shoe in!

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh three more tick off boxes and we are certs imo:

1. TV deal will be the clincher but we have veryl little influence on the outcome of that beyond making a case why WA would add value to the TV deal
2. Memberships - We have to be pushing much harder with a membership model than we are now and it needs to be done in a much more professional way.
3. Big sponsor/s - We need to get some commitments over the next 6 months that we have at least a main sponsor on board. Very very hard to do as very few companies would commit to something that big for 2013 when they don't know what their economic performance will be then. At least an in principle agreement would be good.

TheFrog

Coach
I wish this push for a WA team well, but I can see some problems that seem insurmountable.

1. Getting the NRL to have more teams than 16.
2. The cost of buying a competitive squad, and the effect this will have on player values.
3. The cost of bringing a squad to Eastern Australia/NZ 12 times a year, and the costs to the existing 16 clubs of travelling to WA to play.
4. The size of the supporter base, given the crowds the previous Reds team attracted.

Maybe the best shot is to wait for a Sydney club to fold, and invite them to relocate.

One of the problems of being the world's most isolated city, I think.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wish this push for a WA team well, but I can see some problems that seem insurmountable.

1. Getting the NRL to have more teams than 16.
2. The cost of buying a competitive squad, and the effect this will have on player values.
3. The cost of bringing a squad to Eastern Australia/NZ 12 times a year, and the costs to the existing 16 clubs of travelling to WA to play.
4. The size of the supporter base, given the crowds the previous Reds team attracted.

Maybe the best shot is to wait for a Sydney club to fold, and invite them to relocate.

One of the problems of being the world's most isolated city, I think.

Nothing is insurmountable!

1. If the extra 2 teams add another game to teh TV deal then it will be worth $'s. Picking the right two teams also adds extra value to the TV deal. WA opens up a new market for TV audiences.
2. There are over 80 former 1st team NRL players playing outside of the NRL. The next TV deal should see club grants and salary cap increases, attracting the best of those players hsould be the priority of the two new clubs plus and RU players we can poach so as not to weaken the existing clubs.
3. Mate evry pro sport in the country seems to be able to afford to base a team in Perth! Even baseball and water polo play in a national comp ffs! the NRL is a $200million business, airfares are really not a problem!
4. We have proven we have 15k paying RL fans from day one. We should be more than capable fo getting that up to 20k over the first few years with a well run club. When SOO and GF's have been played at a decent time over 150k have tuned in from Perth. There is a strong enough fanbase here to be a success. On your logic the Gold Coast shouldn't have been let back in and CC would have no chance given the Northern Eagles crowds in Gosford!

Latest posts