What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Doueihi

Nutz

Bench
Well I certainly had egg on my face when I said AD will be burnt for pace against Canberra's speeders, especially after all those knee recos.
Late in the game when you would expect his knee would be fatigued he outsprinted one of the Raiders quickest, Weekes, to score a long range try. That was impressive.
I'll put up with a bit of his arrogance if that's what he's going to bring to our side.
Did anyone notice we are starting to get a few combos happening, like Fainu and Galvin. The more our boys play together the better we'll be in the long run.
Next year Luai and AD mught strike up a good combo. Olam will compliment with running aggressive lines.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Well I certainly had egg on my face when I said AD will be burnt for pace against Canberra's speeders, especially after all those knee recos.
Late in the game when you would expect his knee would be fatigued he outsprinted one of the Raiders quickest, Weekes, to score a long range try. That was impressive.
I'll put up with a bit of his arrogance if that's what he's going to bring to our side.
Did anyone notice we are starting to get a few combos happening, like Fainu and Galvin. The more our boys play together the better we'll be in the long run.
Next year Luai and AD mught strike up a good combo. Olam will compliment with running aggressive lines.
Ur not the only one with egg on face.I was stunned with the speed he displayed to score the try & when he ran down the left touchline for Galvin to score was brilliant.He has obviously worked extremely hard to make his long awaited return.Hes a really good kid who is very resilient & hopefully can b a major asset for us for the rest of his career.

Tiger05

First Grade

Not really. His top line pace was still there and he can be quick. Here is the thing. He was targeted by the Raiders defensively as well and he was caught out multiple times.

It's more his lateral speed and his reading of the defense that is an issue.

I mean maybe he came back from his surgery with not setback at all which is great but it hasn't made him a good defensive player.

Geez I hope he can turn into a gun centre or even backrower for us but it was one game. He has done this before as well. He looks great and then turns into a dud the next week.

WA Tiger

Bench
He’s been hitting the weights and is bigger. All the stronger muscles around his knee will be much more supportive than before..

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Not really. His top line pace was still there and he can be quick. Here is the thing. He was targeted by the Raiders defensively as well and he was caught out multiple times.

It's more his lateral speed and his reading of the defense that is an issue.

I mean maybe he came back from his surgery with not setback at all which is great but it hasn't made him a good defensive player.

Geez I hope he can turn into a gun centre or even backrower for us but it was one game. He has done this before as well. He looks great and then turns into a dud the next week.
Yep, spot on Tiger.
I'm in bed recovering from pelvis surgery and strugglin to stay awake.
Does that qualify me as a one eyed tiger supporter?

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep, spot on Tiger.
I'm in bed recovering from pelvis surgery and strugglin to stay awake.
Does that qualify me as a one eyed tiger supporter?

Yep.

That is why you might have been a bit harsh on yourself. I also just got back home from hernia surgery though and the pain killers are probably still kicking in so if my post sounded more sane than normal that is probably why.

Interesting two of us going through that right now.

Nutz

Bench
Yep.

That is why you might have been a bit harsh on yourself. I also just got back home from hernia surgery though and the pain killers are probably still kicking in so if my post sounded more sane than normal that is probably why.

Interesting two of us going through that right now.
Painful?
I'm on a PCA which is so much better if you want instant help.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
He’s been hitting the weights and is bigger. All the stronger muscles around his knee will be much more supportive than before..
So now AD’s saying he lost weight to run faster.. ok I’ll believe him rather than the other source .. He also negotiated his own contract.. saving 7% (of Id say he went for $200 - $250k for one year).. so $15k.
The timing of his negotiations was impeccable

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Good to see Adam healthy and doing well but, as others have stated his defence is an issue. He's always had a tendancy to come out of the line and past the ball. He took one intercept for a try and let another two in for Canberra.

Having Doueihi and Olam in the Centers could end up being a nightmare.

Nutz

Bench
Good to see Adam healthy and doing well but, as others have stated his defence is an issue. He's always had a tendancy to come out of the line and past the ball. He took one intercept for a try and let another two in for Canberra.

Yep both AD and Olam tend to rush up. The opposition with good halves are going to exploit that for sure.

WA Tiger

Bench

AD may think it’s his only chance of stopping players ie when they just catch the ball therefore less threatening. Benji was an up early tackler but further in obviously.