What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Peek

dazeely

First Grade
A player whom gives his all each week. His all will not win matches though. Is not a flashy /stand out player but does work hard in defence. Good for club depth.

V1er

Juniors
I did hear that the tigers might be interested, not sure if they are.

lucablight

First Grade
I don't want to be mean but in being brutally honest he is no good. He barely makes any metres despite being a prop and people say he tackles well but he isn't going to hurt anybody.
From what I've seen of him this year against Manly when we lead 16-0 with 4 min to go and he tried to offload and knocked on after which Manly scored. Then he gave away a penalty to Manly and they scored again and we went into halftime with a lead of only 16-12. We ended up losing the match by a field goal. That is the kind of freakish stuff he is capable of.
For some reason Eels fans love romanticising the feats of "Peeky" while chastising guys like Vella, Burt, Wagon when he is far more inept.
Having said that I still hope he does well with us this year but from what I've seen that is my assessment.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I wouldnt mind if he goes or if he stays. Hes not a bad prop, whilst he's not a great prop, he makes plenty of metres and tackles. Though he's a bit down on form this year.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Peek would be classed as a defensive prop.

He did well in 05 but has not had a real run in 06.

He is a class defender thats what he offers to us

James_Hardie

Juniors
My "source"... No seriously, i spoke to his grandad a few weeks back. He was thinking of calling it quits, but he really likes the club and has enjoyed his time here, so staying on hasn't been ruled out. I wouldn't be suprised to see him stay for another year, but then if he gets cash to go elsewhere, who could begrudge him.

Gronk

Staff member
sooperdooper said:
Peek would be classed as a defensive prop.

He did well in 05 but has not had a real run in 06.

He is a class defender thats what he offers to us

Agree. He's a great defender. Barely misses a tackle ever. Great backup clubman.

The Colonel

Immortal
James_Hardie said:
My "source"... No seriously, i spoke to his grandad a few weeks back. He was thinking of calling it quits, but he really likes the club and has enjoyed his time here, so staying on hasn't been ruled out. I wouldn't be suprised to see him stay for another year, but then if he gets cash to go elsewhere, who could begrudge him.

I've spoken with his grandad as well. Lovely bloke. He was saying that Adam has been retiring every year for the past few years but is happy just to play. Loves the club and would happily stay. Honestly you could do a lot worse.

Hellsy

Immortal
Maybe Adam is looking for a role within the club somewhere? like coaching or in the Front Office?

number8

Juniors
I personally like the way he plays. I get the feeling a lot of our posters who consistantly pay out on the front rowers in this club have never played front row themselves. Peek is very good at what he does & if he stays on great, because there certainly is a place for a player of his mould in the club. I'm sure most, from the frontrow club past or present, can appreciate what he offers. He is a good prop, maybe not the best but certainly very good & does the job!

Stagger eel

Staff member
I actually thought he played quite well the other night and ran the ball up well at every opprtunity, sure he doesn't bend the line but he is a bloke you could rely on when you're after a simple game plan.

There was some talk that he could be used next year to guide the some of younger frontrowers through the ranks like Mannah and Poeniki.

yy_cheng

Coach
I like him too, like how I like stapo. Don't know why coz I actually ignore players with his style. Maybe coz he is gentle giant.

I think when the pack is going forward, he adds alot to the team. He'll do his job to the best of his abilities. Hope he hangs around just for backup and we sure need him. It could end up that he takes a coaching role and if we are really down on depth, he'll make a comeback.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i asked peeky after he had a kick for goal in premier league vs souths why did he, and he said, "cos i might not have too many more opportunities in my career" or something like that... i took it as meaning retirement... i hope he stays, for all the reasons above... a quiet acheiver!

Papa_smurf

Juniors
thanks for the feedback

ive heard a rumour the tigers r looking at him, which makes sense, due 2 the loss of laffranchi and skandalis

cheers