What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Quinlan - granted relase to join Eels

nrlnrl

First Grade
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2015/01/27/dragons_grant_quinla.html

Dragons Grant Quinlan Release
Tue 27th January, 08:00AM

The St George Illawarra Dragons have agreed in principle to release Adam Quinlan from his current playing contract.
Quinlan has agreed to an early release to take-up an opportunity in principle with the Parramatta Eels. Quinlan made his first-grade debut for the Club in round 9 of the 2013 campaign against the Gold Coast Titans and made 25 appearances in total. “Adam has received in principle an opportunity to join the Parramatta Eels for at least the remainder of the season,” said Head Coach Paul McGregor.“We wish him the very best for his future and thank him for all his contributions to our Club.”
Dragons hooker Heath L’Estrange has been named as Quinlan’s replacement in the Club’s NRL Auckland Nine’s squad.

Slackboy72

Coach
25 appearances,
8 tries,
Only 22.

I really hope he does well.
The lunatics are running the asylum now.

bottle

Coach
Best of luck to him.
Just couldn't see where he fit into our team barring a massive injury toll.

dino2170 said:

That's harsh, he isn't that bad, and they need a replacement for Hayne.

Dezziedc

Juniors
Best of luck to him.

I agree bottle. I hate to see someone like Quinlan go - he got in and did the best he could during a pretty difficult time. Having said that, he doesn't really fit in anywhere in the current squad or moving forward. Hope he finds a spot over at the eels.

I guess it also paves the way for Matt Dufty to slot into a backup fullback role when Duges is out.

Dragon66

Juniors
This seems to continue the trend of only wanting big strong defenders, unless of course he is an attacking superstar.

Adam was a great support player with a good off load but that was it.

By the way what is a "in principle release", is that a try before you buy condition from Parramatta.
I guess it means he could be back. Another shopped player?

Twenty10

Juniors
Couldn't keep him. Very smart move from Mary. He's a sharp little player but we have no need for him. Plus he's always been a bit lost... There just doesn't seem to be a position that suits him. Too small for fullback... Doesn't have the direction etc for halves... Maybe a utility role. But not at dragons.

jenninga

First Grade
Best of luck to him.

Think you'll find Dino was referring to our club as 'idiots'.
No surprise really.

Mr Red

First Grade
should have kept him just for the nines and then punted him :)
no big loss.
didnt live up to the hype and had numerous chances to cement himself in the team either at fullback or five-eighth to the point where the coaches persistence with playing him meant forcing other players out of position and an overall detriment to the team.

Noise

Coach
It may be a player swap for Justin hunt. Hunt was never going to play first grade for parra again after his 1 dismal performance in 2014. It was Paul carriage-esque. Hope he does better for u guys.

_snafu_

Immortal
He would have been great if he was playing he game 20 to 25 years ago. He has good vision and reads the game well. He's needs to bulk up if he wants to play first grade.

Toovey would still kill it in today's game.
I think they were close to the same weight?
Toovey had a killer instinct where Adam is a nice young bloke.

Latest posts