What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Reynolds Broncos to Dragons ?

56to66

Juniors
It seems Hunt has more in the tank, however as we all know, his mind is elsewhere, I would take Reynolds for sure, I think we can get 2 good solid season from Reynolds, we'll be lucky to hang on to Hunt for another year anyways, hypothetical or not its worth a phone call from both clubs.

56to66

Juniors
Reynolds was very disappointing in the GF especially given the state of the game in the last 20 minutes.
Don’t know if he has 2 more years in him.
let’s hope a few wins under Flano changes Hunt’s attitude
I don't blame Reynolds for what happened in the GF, the football gods had other intentions, the winds increased with high intensity, I felt and smelt a massive come back was on the cards, Ben Hunt wouldn't have saved the Broncos.

Dragon David

First Grade
Reynolds did suffer that injury during the game ( his groin ? ) which must had affected his game to some degree , however he soldiered on .
It was all a mind thing Gareth. I read that Ivan Cleary had the players practise so much with the physical stuff but more so the mental stuff. The Panthers kept their minds focused on what they were striving for and once Ivan decided to bring back on Moses Leota, the players lifted and Leota scored to start the next wave until they won.

The Broncos mind set was that the players were thinking of holding the trophy when they had the 16 point lead with plenty of time still on the clock. This was the time for Reynolds to get the guys in a huddle after Ezra Mam scored his third try and tell the guys that the game isn't over, the Panthers can come back so keep defending as if your life depended on it. We know what happened and the rest is history.

What is scaring me is that Ivan Cleary will be planning a fourpeat and that is very possible.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Reynolds was very disappointing in the GF especially given the state of the game in the last 20 minutes.
Don’t know if he has 2 more years in him.
let’s hope a few wins under Flano changes Hunt’s attitude
I would swap in a heartbeat!
He may not have got them home in the last 20 minutes but at least he played a major role in getting them to the big dance. The only dance capt Ben has got us to is the spoon waltz.
Probably on about half the wage as well

56to66

Juniors
It was all a mind thing Gareth. I read that Ivan Cleary had the players practise so much with the physical stuff but more so the mental stuff. The Panthers kept their minds focused on what they were striving for and once Ivan decided to bring back on Moses Leota, the players lifted and Leota scored to start the next wave until they won.

The Broncos mind set was that the players were thinking of holding the trophy when they had the 16 point lead with plenty of time still on the clock. This was the time for Reynolds to get the guys in a huhoddle after Ezra Mam scored his third try and tell the guys that the game isn't over, the Panthers can come back so keep defending as if your life depended on it. We know what happened and the rest is history.

What is scaring me is that Ivan Cleary will be planning a fourpeat and that is very possible.
Not a fourpeat please, already there blowing we are the greatest, I knew that would happen,I have a new team to death ride over the next few years.
I will even support Cronulla now before the riff wins another GF

Last edited:

possm

Coach
It seems Hunt has more in the tank, however as we all know, his mind is elsewhere, I would take Reynolds for sure, I think we can get 2 good solid season from Reynolds, we'll be lucky to hang on to Hunt for another year anyways, hypothetical or not its worth a phone call from both clubs.
I think Flano's invested heavily in Kyle at 7. So, it is a matter of finding a good running five-eighth who is quick, can defend, and who has a good kicking game.

Dragon David

First Grade
Not a fourpeat please, already there blowing we are the greatest, I new that would happen,I have a new team to death ride over the next few years.
I will even support Cronulla now before the riff wins another GF
Me too 56 to 66, me too! I couldn't bear to see Nathan Cleary hold the fourth trophy and 4 fingers with rings on them after the GF next year. Come on you other clubs and Dragons, we can't let them do it.

Sage63

Juniors
Me too 56 to 66, me too! I couldn't bear to see Nathan Cleary hold the fourth trophy and 4 fingers with rings on them after the GF next year. Come on you other clubs and Dragons, we can't let them do it.
I can't, or don't understand the antipathy towards the Panthers.
my number one team has always been Saints, but in 65, when I moved out to Emu Plains, the Panthers were, and still are my second team.
and for years, they got flogged, and I saw every flogging.
Currently, I give them, my highest appraisal.
good luck to them!!
I take my hat off to them.
and you, that think that they are arrogant bogans , take a look at yourselves!

Sage63

Juniors
I can't, or don't understand the antipathy towards the Panthers.
my number one team has always been Saints, but in 65, when I moved out to Emu Plains, the Panthers were, and still are my second team.
and for years, they got flogged, and I saw every flogging.
Currently, I give them, my highest appraisal.
good luck to them!!
I take my hat off to them.
and you, that think that they are arrogant bogans , take a look at yourselves!
Cannot wait for the vitriol!

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Cannot wait for the vitriol!
No vitriol from me. I used to live at Blaxland. My daughter was born in Jamison Hospital, just across the road from Penrith Leagues. I'll always follow St George, but I don't begrudge Penrith the success they're having. They've earned it. We could have had similar success if we had smarter people in charge, instead of relying on a succession of old boys.

No vitriol from me. I used to live at Blaxland. My daughter was born in Jamison Hospital, just across the road from Penrith Leagues. I'll always follow St George, but I don't begrudge Penrith the success they're having. They've earned it. We could have had similar success if we had smarter people in charge, instead of relying on a succession of old boys.
Same here Johnno. Played my junior football in the Penrith Comp back in the early 70’s and played a few games at the old Penrith Park. They’ve just had the good fortune of having all those good juniors coming through at the same time like the Eels in the 80’s. Good luck to them. Just wished we could get some of that luck.

Sage63

Juniors
Your bloody right, they have earned it!!#
Yeah I get what you are saying, but what I can't get over is this high and mighty attitude some people have, claiming that all westies are illiterate bogan's.
I've seen bogans everywhere.
I've lived all over Sydney, north south, east & west.
and I've seen them everywhere.
No one is superior!!