What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adams reynolds 2017

John moz

Juniors
Would look good in the red v next season not happy at souths parra are looking at him .Sign him now dragons a great goal kicker and a quality no 7 just what we need.

southsport

First Grade
Would look good in the red v next season not happy at souths parra are looking at him .Sign him now dragons a great goal kicker and a quality no 7 just what we need.

He's under contract for 2017, won't be released and bleeds red and green.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Don't sign anymore players and throw the cheque book at him. On his day, he is a gun. His kicking game is second to none and is exactly what we need, even if it means moving Widdop on too and partnering Reynolds with Mann.

nortyboi3

Juniors
Too injury prone and has a weak running game. Tremendous kicking game but that's really all he has at the moment. It's a no from me...I'd rather Hastings.

Minh

First Grade
He's be one of the best options out there based on general kicking and goal kicking alone but I doubt we have much chance....

Gareth67

First Grade
The " Guess who is coming to the Dragons " is really starting to heat up , and it's not even the off-season yet .

With the addition of the players recently associated with St.George Illawarra we will have a team that will most certainly get us to next years Grand Final .

Unfortunately , we will need to seek yet another loan from the NRL that will keep the Club in hock until the Sun rises in the West .

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Hastings is absolute rubbish.

Agree, wouldn't go anywhere near Hastings. There's a reason he's not playing in 1st's for the Roosters, if he was good enough he'd be their 6 or 7.
I'd actually be looking at the youngster who is playing 6 for them at the moment Connor Watson.

giboz71

First Grade
Hastings just turned 20 this year. Still plenty of upside I think.

Who else that is available would be better? Out of the young halves I have seen this year, perhaps Cullen from the Titans or young Croft from Storm would be worth a look.

And yes, definitely Conor Watson is a great talent and will likely be playing behind Keary next year. Doubt the Roosters would let him go tho.

Sigurd

Juniors
Don't sign anymore players and throw the cheque book at him. On his day, he is a gun. His kicking game is second to none and is exactly what we need, even if it means moving Widdop on too and partnering Reynolds with Mann.

Not a bad idea but is there any indication Mann is a first grade standard 1/2 or 5/8? I'd prefer they go after either Elgey or Taylor from Gold Coast.

giboz71

First Grade
Not a bad idea but is there any indication Mann is a first grade standard 1/2 or 5/8? I'd prefer they go after either Elgey or Taylor from Gold Coast.

Titans would be mad to let Taylor or Elgey go.

A spine of Hayne, Taylor, Elgey and Peats is premiership calibre.

I said this time last year we should throw the kitchen sink at Elgey but we continue to persist with Benji.

Sigurd

Juniors
Titans would be mad to let Taylor or Elgey go.

A spine of Hayne, Taylor, Elgey and Peats is premiership calibre.

I said this time last year we should throw the kitchen sink at Elgey but we continue to persist with Benji.

Maybe but I get the impression both are suited to halfback like both our halves are suited to 5/8. Well apparently so though Widdop has never shown himself to be a good 5/8. Benji of course was a very good 5/8.

Dragsters

First Grade
I think Reynolds is the best half fit for us with his great kicking game and he's a real talker which we have lacked inthe halves since Sowie left.

Having said that I can't see him leaving the rabbits.

FlameThrower

Bench
Reynolds or Hastings are only real options, apart from dark horse idea of Kurt Mann? We better get a move on here Hastings is on the outer so would be the most likely option?

Dragsters

First Grade
There. were reports a few weeks back suggesting he was pushing to come back but the dragons were baulking at attitude concerns from his junior days.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Hastings V Watson
Both the same age
1 is playing first grade as a 5/8 the other is now playing U20's.
1 is being "let go" the others contract ends 2017.

Pretty clear why we shouldn't even be looking at 1 but chasing hard on the other.

Widdops contract ends in 2017. If say Mann is given a go in 2017 as a half and does a good job, Widdop may also have had enough by then and move back to the UK.
A future halves pairing of say Mann and Watson would be very exciting IMO

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Why on earth would Widdop move back to the UK when he has lived here since he was a child?

He may pursue a a stint in the Super League towards the end of his career but let's be clear that Australia is his home.

Latest posts