What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding your own mugshot -HOWTO

[furrycat]

Coach
HOW TO ADD YOUR MUGSHOT OR OTHER PHOTOS TO THE GAME
Compiled by [furrycat]
Janaury 1st 2004

Contents:

A little new years present for you guys. Recently it was unveiled by Scott on how to give a player, another player's face. This tutorial will show you how you can add your own photo to the game, and replace a custom player (or an existing player) and their face.

First, I recommend you download Hex Workshop. It will be easier for you to follow this tutorial if you use the same program that I used.

How to make faces for existing players:

Don't be fooled. I'm not going to actually show you how to mould your face nicely into a file. This tutorial is just showing you how to get it into the game so I'm assuming you have some graphical knowledge. If you don't then you might want to obtain some before doing this.

We're going to change Joey's Face, and replace it with a [furrycat] face, and an inverse colour face...

We do this as follows.

Open player.db in your db folder of your rugby league directory...

Then, Press CTRL+F to bring up the search screen, and enter "Johns" but change it to "Text String"
1.JPG

You will then be brought to Andrew Johns.
Now, the value for the player face is usually located near a symbol different to ".".. In this case, It is located near the 2nd "!" in John's (on it infact) Or usually 14 values from the next player's name.

In case some player face values are randomly placed, look for the odd symbols.

For John's, it is 2101 as the value for his face. Highlight it, and then press "Data Inspector" on the bottom tab.
2.JPG

Look closely at Signed Short, and Unsigned Short values. Both read "289"... Now you need to go into

player/faces and located 289. This is Andrew John's in-game face.

Now, you can either edit John's existing face to be what you like, or add a new one. YOU MUST REPLACE AN EXISTING FACE. I have not found a way to add a new face without the game crashing. What you can do, is replace some of the custom faces (Which are F10000 +)... With existing player's, it is just easier to replace their current value, rather than editing it.

If you wanted to give John's another existing player's face, but you have found it in the player faces folder and don't know who's it is...

1. Simply notate the numbers after the "F" of the filename.
2. Edit the Signed Short value and change it to the new numbers of the corresponding face. The other values should then change to their respective values.

The end result:
5.JPG

4.JPG

[furrycat] Johns scores!

3.JPG

Drugged up Johns is over!

NOTE: I didn't make any effort with the editing of the face. Someone could easily make it look really cool along with the use of the above method to add it.

Custom Players:

Custom players tend to be the same, but the values for the faces are pretty random, so again, look out for the odd symbols. Custom player's are exactly the same, except you can easily locate which value is which because the face value for a custom player will be 10000 +...If you wanted to give a Custom player the face of Mario Wynand, then you would just locate Mario's number, and change the value for the custom player. Just as easy as above...

Adding your mugshot file:

I don't recommend replacing existing player faces for custom players. If you want to add your player face for a custom player, replace a F1000+ file. All files must be saved as a PNG file. Match the dimensions of an existing face file, or simply just use an existing one and save it.

If your game crashes before starting the match:

Then you have either tried to add a new file and give the player the new value, or you've replaced the value with an erroneous value that the game does not recognise. Simply go back and check, but BACK UP YOUR DB BEFORE EDITING. I've got two versions of the game on, one for play, and one to fiddle with.

Note: All the pictures above were not edited Andrew John's heads. They were additions to the file-system.

What i'm trying to figure out, is how to add new player shots without replacing existing ones. It can't be that hard since there has to be an index file that can be changed. But that will be figured out later. For now, you can put your ugly mugs in the game :p. Enjoy! If you cannot understand some parts of this, give me a yell and I'll talk ya through it.

Paullyboy

Coach
Thats some top stuff, Ill give it a go tomorrow

While we are on changing faces/heads. Has anyone been able to change it so you can add different hair styles? I would deadset love to give myself my real hair in the game (i got long hair, basically pony tail length) and the henry fa afili hair is the closest thing to it, but its still a long way off. So yeah does anyone know how to make a different hair style?

[furrycat]

Coach
I've been working on that. But again, I haven't figured about adding them, only replacing custom ones and then using them. I'll see what I can figure out tomorrow.

furry, could you also do a tutorial how to edit all the features of a player? such as height, weight, hair, skin colour, etc. i have trouble finding them somtimes.

aussies1st

Staff member
Nice very nice
I also did this but i think i was able to create new faces as the game didn't crash or anything. I just could figure a way to see my new face i made.

[furrycat]

Coach
Zoot said:
furry, could you also do a tutorial how to edit all the features of a player? such as height, weight, hair, skin colour, etc. i have trouble finding them somtimes.

No worries I'll do that later

scottwhatmore

Juniors
Well done furrycat!
I figured out how to do that a while ago, but haven't had the time to write a tutorial for it yet, so you've saved me from having to do it!

It's quite simple to make your own face and put it into the game.
Just find a place in the faces folder that isn't taken eg. F291
Replace your face with the one that is vacant (F291).
Now open up the player.db file.
Get the in hex editor calculator, and type in 291 with the little DEC showing. Now press DEC, and it should change to HEX, with the number being 123.
Say the face you wanted to put into the game is Matt Adamson. Find him in the player.db file.
Count 14 hex places back from the next players name.
The value should be 00.
Now seeing the number was 123, type in 23 01.
If the number was 452, type in 52 04.
This should give the new face in the game for Matt Adamson.

Would anyone be interested in me making a how-to for changing the captain, place kicker and goal kicker permanently?

[furrycat]

Coach
Ahhh I tried that but it didn't seem to like me. Tried again, and it's worked perfectly. Ta for that...

scottwhatmore

Juniors
I've made Wendell Sailor and Lote Tuqiri.

If anyone wants them, I'll upload them to my website which I'm in the process of making...

scottwhatmore

Juniors
Furrycat, how did you take screenshots from within the game?

I've also got most of my website up, which is linked to in my signature...

[furrycat]

Coach
The latest version (which i have registered... PM if you want me to send you it) works fine. You can download it but it is a demo.

scottwhatmore

Juniors
Paullyboy, I think what you are trying to say is implementing a pony-tail into the game?

If so, find me a good picture of someone with a pony-tail and I will do it for you...

Paullyboy

Coach
Well the closet picture i can find on the net without doing a big arse search would be like oldschool Dave Grohl (foo fighters)

dave016.jpg

Basically that sorta hair, except blonde and a little shorter.

Latest posts