What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Dolphins

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Bloke in a bar!! Please, it’s entertaining, but not a great source of actual footy knowledge.

listen to the “5th and last NRL Podcast” with the Shepard brothers, Although Brock hasn’t been on as much since he picked up a coaching gig with Canberra.

Those guys know footy,
I've heard good things I'll check it out

Kilkenny

Coach
Oh I 100% agree we are stuck with Tago for 2024, it should have been dealt with months ago.

I'd love a stout but I've got gout for the first time in my life. I was bloody certain I had a broken toe haha
Had it for 30 odd years mate. Suck it it up. Got it in my left knee joint now, it ain’t pretty let me tell you.

May I suggest you get your uric acid levels checked and if high you need to get the appropriate medication. Gout crystals May first develop in the big toe but then can form in other parts of the body including heart.

Having gout is often the butt of jokes but it is but it is not condition to go unmanaged, take it from me as a long time sufferer.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Had it for 30 odd years mate. Suck it it up. Got it in my left knee joint now, it ain’t pretty let me tell you.

May I suggest you get your uric acid levels checked and if high you need to get the appropriate medication. Gout crystals May first develop in the big toe but then can form in other parts of the body including heart.

Having gout is often the butt of jokes but it is but it is not condition to go unmanaged, take it from me as a long time sufferer.
Shit that's more serious than I thought. Thanks for the heads up

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Mate, maybe you’ve just had too many prawns, red meat, tomatoes but on a serious note you should get blood tests to identify your uric acid levels. It is a given.
I didn't go to my usual doctor and she said the proper test was to jam a needle into the toe joint and try find the crystals.......I dogged that like the coward I am.
I'll speak to my real GP tomorrow and look into it.

The worst part is my missus being right about drinking too much piss.

Kilkenny

Coach
I didn't go to my usual doctor and she said the proper test was to jam a needle into the toe joint and try find the crystals.......I dogged that like the coward I am.
I'll speak to my real GP tomorrow and look into it.

The worst part is my missus being right about drinking too much piss.
A simple blood test is all that is required. Alcohol is a significant contributor no doubt. The blood test to determine uric acid levels will reveal all. What has contributed to high uric acid levels is another issue and just maybe your wife is on the money. Gout is also hereditary, my dad had it, has it, but he was never a drinker so to speak.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
A simple blood test is all that is required. Alcohol is a significant contributor no doubt. The blood test to determine uric acid levels will reveal all. What has contributed to high uric acid levels is another issue and just maybe your wife is on the money. Gout is also hereditary, my dad had it, has it, but he was never a drinker so to speak.
Thanks for the advice it means a lot

snickers007

Juniors
I was misdiagnosed with gout for 3-4 years.
Many doctors, many blood tests, uric acid levels above average, but not dangerously high. I cut alcohol, chocolate, citrus fruits and seafood from my diet, yet the symptoms persisted.

Gout meds made messed with my guts terribly.

Had a chance encounter with a podiatrist at a dinner party. He got me booked in for X-rays, MRI and CTs.

Turns out I have sesamoiditis, which is kinda like a stress fracture or arthritis type thing.

So if your uric acid levels aren't super high, investigate further. Will save you a lot of time and hassles.

Panther Mike

Juniors
Ivan himself has said top two is the goal. It gets you a home final. No one cares about the minor premiership.
Easy to say no one cares if we win the minor premiership and don’t win the GF like in 2020 but the 2022 team set the standard for me. Minor premiership and a premiership with only 4 losses all season!
We’ve already lost 5 games this season and at least 2 or 3 of those were games we normally wouldn’t have lost in past years.

I understand the balancing acts but I still don’t like us losing home games or gifting games to inferior opposition who we should beat like the Cowboys at Penrith Stadium.
It would be helpful if one or two of the Origin guys can backup otherwise I can’t have much sympathy for another limp attacking performance and loss.

Last edited: