What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advertising all this betting over and over...............................

Chook Herron

Juniors
Totally agree, it drives me crazy, Ch 7 do the same thing when commentating the tennis.

If it becomes any more prevalent than it already is I am pretty sure I will throw a stubbie through my tv screen one of these days.

No you won't. You'll continue watching your tennis and footy and bitch about it on internet forums.

age.s

First Grade
What I really hate is when a player pops a field goal over at a strange time the first comment made by any of the commentators is "<player> screws up all the pick the score punters with that one pointer." The inferral being that the player had screwing over punters (or even lining his own pockets?) in mind when he took the shot, rather than just giving his team a breather and the ball back.

i've said it before in the dragons forum.. gambling is a curse on the game.

not only does it ruin lives (yes, people can 'bet responsibly', but just spend 5 minutes with a gambling addict....) but it has the potential to put clouds over strange results..

what was once a marvelous comeback by a team could potentially be tainted that the opposition threw the game (i think i just coughed up a chicken feather)..

the more money at stake, the higher the risk of corruption..

the game would be better off without it.

Completely agree with this.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I for one find it interesting how people react to halftime score, players injured, players sent off etc etc.

Last years prelim, the betting was fairly even. But when Luke Pattern when off injured, Parra were strong favourites.

ClintDogg

Juniors
like ive said b4, if they want 2 announce them as sponsors, go ahead. But we dont give two sh*ts about the betting odds all the wat thru the game over and over again. Say it once at the begining, thats it, enough of our time wasted on useless betters wasting their money away.

And the crapolla cross promos can piss right off.

If you were to take all of the village idiots from all the villages, put them all into a village of their own, in that village full of village idiots, you would be the village idiot.

You sure ...Locky no 1 & Clint Ardvaak's resumes have them in contention.

like ive said b4, if they want 2 announce them as sponsors, go ahead. But we dont give two sh*ts about the betting odds all the wat thru the game over and over again. Say it once at the begining, thats it, enough of our time wasted on useless betters wasting their money away.

And the crapolla cross promos can piss right off.

Do a little Youtube rap on how much it pisses you off..
We need another laugh...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Gambling does ruin lives. There's no doubt about it. But so does alcohol. Should we stop letting them advertise and serve drinks at games?

If Rabbits was encouraging everyone to go out and get a beer 10 times during the game, yep it would be a concern.

Out of interest how many people are actually sat watching a game in a TAB or with an internet gambling site on ready to bet as the odds change during a game???

If you were to take all of the village idiots from all the villages, put them all into a village of their own, in that village full of village idiots, you would be the village idiot.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will only cause permanent psychological damage.

innsaneink

Referee
bingo.

They are forcing you to consider placing bets and then say, bet responsibly.

If NSW Gaming practices were employed more strongly, they'd get into trouble for advertising/promoting gambling via media.

Clubs and pubs aren't allowed to do it, why should tv stations?

LOL...''forcing''

No theyre not.
I can watch footy, and see the odds broadcast for the live betting but Im in no way compelled or even feel the urge to think about or consider having a punt.
I do that when I look at the w/ends round, whos playing etc.

ClintDogg

Juniors
LOL...''forcing''

No theyre not.
I can watch footy, and see the odds broadcast for the live betting but Im in no way compelled or even feel the urge to think about or consider having a punt.
I do that when I look at the w/ends round, whos playing etc.

this is my original point.

while im watching the footy, I Dont want 2 see or hear these useless odds or bets that dont mean a thing to me. Those people that is does mean something too, can do it in their own time nite mine.

mrpwnd

Bench
this is my original point.

while im watching the footy, I Dont want 2 see or hear these useless odds or bets that dont mean a thing to me. Those people that is does mean something too, can do it in their own time nite mine.
Actually, its good to see the odds during the prime footy night on the footy show. Its helped me out a few, are you going to say that i can't be offered the privilege of watching the odds simply because you or the other people that don't bet don't like it? Thats called being selfish and a self-centered fat boy that indulges in too much choc cake.
Its there and its there to stay, don't like it? Dont watch it. God knows why this troll of a topic has carried on this long.

Benchwarmer

Bench
Who cares how much anyone advertise in our sport ?
Our product is the best bet and there paying to advertise during our product

Raider_69

Post Whore
im loathe to agree with Clint Aardvark but it sh*ts me too, and the seemless way the throw it in the middle of commentary... f**king annoying, cant stand it

Glen

Bench
I don't care when they put them up at half time or whatever, but it sh*ts me when Rabs or whoever else starts going on about it instead of calling the game during play. And that doesn't just go for gambling ads, my stomach churns when they start pushing some awful Channel 9 show in the middle of the game as well.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
I dont care too much for the advertising either but like all other sponsorship it is a revenue stream.

I'm sure advertising odds during a game is aimed at educating those who don't already know that they can actually bet live while a game is being played. Fair dinkum sports punters don't need to be told what the odds are by commentators because we make a point to find out from the bookies. In fact most of us shop around looking for the best odds on offer. Often the prices quoted by the commentatoers are poor value.

Latest posts