What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2004 - Round 15

CyberKev

Staff member
Geelong by 18 pts
West Coast by 2 pts
Essendon by 23 pts
Adelaide by 27 pts
Melbourne by 24 pts
Port Adelaide by 50 pts
Brisbane by 62 pts
Fremantle by 20 pts

Hawthorn will get one of their last chances for a win this week, playing an ordinary Eagles outfit in Tasmania. They'll be in it up to their ears, but I suspect that the superior midfield drive of the blue & yellow's will prove decisive over the course of four quarters. Both sides have dismal forward setups, however, so it should remain tight.

Adelaide will cause a mild upset by winning the Ryan Fitzgerald Cup against Sydney on Saturday night. Adelaide were great last week, and I expect them to continue this bright form against the overrated Swans side. The Swans aren't that bad, but they're definitely unbrilliant, and have struggled to beat anyone and everyone, anywhere and everywhere this season. If luck hadn't been on their side they would be out of finals contention by now.

I'd love to see the Tigers roll the Bombers, and it isn't out of the realms of possibility. If Richmond can reproduce last week's form they WILL win, but I suspect a desperate Essendon will be able to break them early here and should be able to do enough (given their greater skill & experience) to hang on from there.

Port and Brisbane will smash their respective opponents, and you would have to say that Hawthorn represents the Bulldogs last hope of winning another game this season. As I predicted earlier this season, the lean bodies of the Bulldogs players would find the going tougher and tougher as the year progressed and its difficult to see them offering a yelp against the Lions. Port will most likely win another minor premiership this season, but for mine, it is still the Lions who loom large as flag favourites.

Geelong and Collingwood could well be match of the round, and I expect Geelong to finally kill off the Magpies finals hopes. The Cats would be sorely ruing last week's disastrous loss to West Coast and would be eager to make amends. The Magpies are a very average side, and can't lord it over Geelong anywhere on the field. I like the Cats a lot and they should continue their march to a well deserved finals spot.

Melbourne are over-achieving to the max this season and yet again strike a top side struggling for form and missing a plethora of key players. I wouldn't give the Demons the time of day if both sides well fully fit, but their luck should hold out for another week here. I watched St Kilda last week and was stunned by the depth of their struggle. Their forward structure was embarrassingly Hawthorn-like in its ineptitude, and unless the find a magical solution for this and other form woes in their defence, they will struggle to hold on to a spot in the four, much less top spot.

In the final game, I expect Freo to move a step further toward what will be a truly West Coastian finals appearance in 2004. For countless years the Eagles have been falling into the eight on the back of masive home ground advantage only to get humiliated in the knockout final by ordinary opposition and this will most likely be Freo's fate this time around.

CyberKev

Cricketer

Juniors
Cats by 19
Although the travel back from Subi could take its toll and Kelly not due to breaking his leg may cause issues, I still cant see the Eddie's getting up.

Tigers by 9
We beat the Blues when Silvagni played his 300th, I can see my Tigers ruining Jimmy's day as well - lets hope so!!

Hawks by 20
They finally need a win and I think in Tassie they will do it. Bloody cold with snow like it does here in Canberra. Gotta love snow.

Swans by 29
Hate the Swans, overrated and they just suck. Hate the Crows as well but Neil had his day in the sun last Sunday, its all down hill from here - I hope.

Saints by 11
They need to lift and now is the time to do it. The Dees were awful last week but it still should be a great game.

Port by 31
Hate the chokers but cant see Carlton winning without "The Fev"

Lions by 40
Nothing more to say here.

Freo by 3
North will give them a run for their money but Subi should to the trick.

After receiving my letter from Casey during the week - I hope Pahoff and his cronies dont do anything stupid before we select a new coach for next year. Lay off the board until at least after the draft in November. Lets see how we go. GO TIGERS!!!!! :clap:

meltiger

First Grade
Cricketer said:
Tigers by 9
We beat the Blues when Silvagni played his 300th, I can see my Tigers ruining Jimmy's day as well - lets hope so!!

I can see it too :D Go Tigers! :)

Cricketer said:
After receiving my letter from Casey during the week - I hope Pahoff and his cronies dont do anything stupid before we select a new coach for next year. Lay off the board until at least after the draft in November. Lets see how we go. GO TIGERS!!!!! :clap:

Looks like the propaganda mail out was money well spent, thankfully it came from his own pocket .....

Casey must go and must go as soon as possible for the good of the club, the draft argument is irrelevant because Greg Miller and the new coach will be in charge of drafting and Miller is not in the sights of the alternate group (Who are not aligned with Pahoff).

Beaussie

First Grade
Geelong v Collingwood (seriously I would have tipped the Cats) ;-)
Hawthorn v West Coast
Richmond v Essendon
Sydney v Adelaide
Fremantle v Kangaroos
Brisbane v Western Bulldogs
Melbourne v St Kilda
Port Adelaide v Carlton

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
you would have to say that Hawthorn represents the Bulldogs last hope of winning another game this season.

You have to play Richmond again ...

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
CyberKev said:
you would have to say that Hawthorn represents the Bulldogs last hope of winning another game this season.

You have to play Richmond again ...

:?: :D

I'm confused...

The 'you' here would have to mean Hawthorn, but I said that the Bulldogs last chance for a win this season would come against the Hawks...

Do you mean that the Bulldogs must be considered a chance against the Tigers, or is it that you misread my comments and believe that Hawthorm must still be rated a chance against Richmond?

Its all academic from my perspective, as I don't think Hawthorn can win another game this season and I don't really care if they don't, as I've got my sights set on the priority pick.

CyberKev

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Go the Cats

"Geelong coach Mark Thompson knows his side will battle to crack the top four this year, but after a 29-point win over Collingwood in round 15 says the Cats are playing at a standard that will challenge any team. "I think it's evolving, I think it's evolved dramatically this year. We're getting a lot of confidence out of each week."

From the official cats site

CyberKev

Staff member
Twizzle said:
Go the Cats

"Geelong coach Mark Thompson knows his side will battle to crack the top four this year, but after a 29-point win over Collingwood in round 15 says the Cats are playing at a standard that will challenge any team. "I think it's evolving, I think it's evolved dramatically this year. We're getting a lot of confidence out of each week."

Yeah Twizzle,

They're coming along nicely, the purrers.

Last week's narrow loss to their former tormentors in Perth could come back to haunt them though, and at this stage I would expect a finish in either 5th or 6th place.

CyberKev

meltiger

First Grade
& :(

The umps kept the mongrels in the game in the first half and then Richmond just fell apart after halftime.

When even Scum supporters are scratching their heads at some of Lloyd's frees you know the umpies have made some serious mistakes.

The one right on the cusp of halftime was total and utter bullshit.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
CyberKev said:
Twizzle said:
Go the Cats

Yeah Twizzle,

They're coming along nicely, the purrers.

Last week's narrow loss to their former tormentors in Perth could come back to haunt them though, and at this stage I would expect a finish in either 5th or 6th place.

CyberKev

Why is that, do they have a tough draw from here on ?

CyberKev

Staff member
Twizzle said:
Why is that, do they have a tough draw from here on ?

Not that I know of, Twizzle...

I'm just anticipating that the sides above them will do enough to stay above them, although who can be sure, particularly given the way that St Kilda is travelling.

CyberKev

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
& :(

The umps kept the mongrels in the game in the first half and then Richmond just fell apart after halftime.

When even Scum supporters are scratching their heads at some of Lloyd's frees you know the umpies have made some serious mistakes.

The one right on the cusp of halftime was total and utter bullsh*t.

Agreed!

Lloyds penchant for taking the big dive several times every match is more than wearing thin!

Its a pity we don't follow a similar system to the EPL where players receive yellow cards for taking a deliberate swannie!

I couldn't believe it when I read of the final scoreline. I was watching the game during the second term and switched it off to play Playstation 2 with the Tigers ahead at halftime!!!!

I guess you can look on the bright side... It keeps you in priority pick territory, although this is hollow compensation given that you still have to play Hawthorn again, which will promptly put the side above the 4 win threshold...

CyberKev

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
I guess you can look on the bright side... It keeps you in priority pick territory, although this is hollow compensation given that you still have to play Hawthorn again, which will promptly put the side above the 4 win threshold...

CyberKev

Is it 4.5 games? Shit I was banking on it being 5.5 lol

Hawthorn will beat us ... We will knock off the Crows.

dougthelegend

Juniors
meltiger said:
Cricketer said:
Tigers by 9

you guys must have loved the game on the weekend then.....until half time that is!!!

i was there to watch the unstoppable bombers roll the pathetic tigers...GO BOMBERS!!

A win at subiaco awaits, before we topple the vulnerable saints.....onwards to premiership glory!

Cricketer

Juniors
dougthelegend said:
meltiger said:
Cricketer said:
Tigers by 9

you guys must have loved the game on the weekend then.....until half time that is!!!

i was there to watch the unstoppable bombers roll the pathetic tigers...GO BOMBERS!!

A win at subiaco awaits, before we topple the vulnerable saints.....onwards to premiership glory!
The Bombers and Subi hey - you guys are no chance................haven't beaten a team in the top 8 all year either (except Sydney but they are overrated) so please, dont go on about any premiership glory.

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Is it 4.5 games? sh*t I was banking on it being 5.5 lol

Hawthorn will beat us ... We will knock off the Crows.

Get serious, Get Stihl!

Adelaide smackerated Richmond at the MCG earlier this season... Richmond have duly got worse since then, while the Crows have improved (albeit ever so slightly), so how will you coffee scroll them at AAMI?

Hawthorn, on the other hand, is the worst side I've seen since Fitzroy 1995. I never imagined I'd live to see the club achieve this level of pure crapness, and the Tigers could scarcily be capable of playing as badly as is required to lose to such opposition. :cry:

CyberKev

Latest posts