What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2006 - Round 1

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
What more can a player do than play at a consistently high level as an individual? If the rest of the side is woefully flawed as Richmond has been (and Freo is), then you can't do more than that. When its 18 vs 18 in AFL, 1 player alone cannot drag a side kicking and screaming to awesome heights.

Had Richo been at Brisbane instead of Brown, the Lions would still have won 3 flags. Had Brown been at Richmond, they'd still have struggled badly.

Yet will Richo be seen in the same light in 50 years time as what Jonathon Brown is? Outside of Richmond?

meltiger

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
We should create a Pavlich thread for this year! This forum needs it!

Actually, it's been good having a stoush with the old campaigner that isn't Richmond V Hawthorn ;-) lol

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
I'll do you a deal though Kev.

Come Round 2, no more arguments about Pav/Brown in the match thread lol

I think we've well and truly hijacked the thread this week :lol:

I need tom concentrate on my tipping cause you're 1 in front of me :evil: Although the Crows should bring me back to level pegging tonight :)

Haha.

But its all good and feisty, and for the first time (outside of the longterm who do you support thread) we've brought up the century of replies.

You would have been 1 behind me had I stuck with what I was originally ran with, but I changed tact, so now we're even and will be regardles of tonight's result (as I've also swung to the Crows) :(

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
You would have been 1 behind me had I stuck with what I was originally ran with, but I changed tact, so now we're even and will be regardles of tonight's result (as I've also swung to the Crows) :(

Nah mate,

I checked the progress tally, you've got 4 and I've got 3 lol

At least if Collingwood wins it means I don't fall further behind.

Incomparable is on 2! :lol: He will be hearing all about that on Friday night :p

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Yet will Richo be seen in the same light in 50 years time as what Jonathon Brown is? Outside of Richmond?

Clearly not.

But that's a separate issue to the ability of player Richo vs player Brown; or more generally, player X vs player Y.

Sometimes you're just lucky to lob in the right place at the right time, as Brown did up north.

Under revised rules, he wouldn't have even got to Brisbane.

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Wasn't he father-son ?

Yes, I believe his father played 51 games for Fitzroy.

He was among the last to be taken f/s before the rules changed to 100 game qualification, rather than 50.

Oh, and I checked the Oztips site... I have only got 3 :-(

Macca_

Coach
CyberKev said:
I hope you're right, Macca.

The Magpies look ordinary, but there just as likely to win this type of game.
I like the sport multis and I also like having that bit of an extra reason to watch a game (ie cheer on the money :lol:).

Thought it would be a handy starting leg with a few soccer games during the week.

Go the Crows, but not by to much :lol:

Macca_

Coach
Crows win by 34. Too easy :D

Got a bit tight at the end for the 1-39, but 34 will do me.

Latest posts