What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2006 -Round 3

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
AuckMel said:
I'm surprised people actually tipped Brisbane.

For all money they look like a team on the down side.

yeh, I agree

they have had thier time at the top, only one way to go from here

meltiger

First Grade
Hawthorn!

f**k f**k f**k, if I get 7 and Geelong are the ones that screw me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

stevo

Juniors
I'm actually not too upset that i got that one wrong. It's good to see the Hawks get up. I have a soft spot for the happy team at Hawthorn:D

Red Bear

Referee
My Tips (from Footytips.com, forgot to do the oztips one this week).
St Kilda
Geelong
Sydney
West Coast
Adelaide
Footscray
PA
Collingwood

meltiger

First Grade
Hawthorn's win would be the rounds highlight so far, although the Doggies beating not only Essendon but the umpires as well this afternoon was sensational too.

Tell you what though, if I was 6 foot tall I wouldn't be signing with Dogs, dead set cursed they are,

Can a midget team win a premiership in modern day football? This year might tell us the answer.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hey tiger, didn't I tell you that the Tigers had no hope! Glad you kept it respectable!

meltiger

First Grade
Actually ... If not for a series of unforced turnovers that led to goals the score would have been a hell of a lot closer.

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Hawthorn's win would be the rounds highlight so far, although the Doggies beating not only Essendon but the umpires as well this afternoon was sensational too.

For mine it was the best Hawthorn win since the win over Port in the 2001 Finals series. I copped some flak from fellow Hawk tragics last year for calling Luke Hodge the best youngster I've seen at the club during my lifetime, but I'm only too happy to stand by the call.

What you may mistake for the sound of silence is, in fact, merely the sound of premature premiership parties screeching to a grinding halt out Corio way. Interesting mindset among the players, if Cam Mooney is anything to go by. Four goals down heading into the final change and apparently the Cat boys were supremely confident of meandering to a very comfortable win. Perhaps they will look back at the game as a key lesson they had to have during 2006.

I only hope we can regroup to get over Carlton on Friday night.

meltiger said:
Tell you what though, if I was 6 foot tall I wouldn't be signing with Dogs, dead set cursed they are,

Yeah, shocking run for the Hounds, very disappointed for them.

meltiger said:
Can a midget team win a premiership in modern day football? This year might tell us the answer.

Possibly, but unlikely on what I saw yesterday. It was a good, entertaining contest, but if you can break even in the middle with the Dogs and are willing to man them up, they're certainly very beatable. Essendon troubled them this way at key times during the match, but lacked the forward manpower and midfield persistence to get the points.

Griffin looked good again for the Dogs yesterday, but I haven't had the chance to look closely at Bradley & Monfries until now. I was impressed by both, and think they'll prove very astute long-term pick-ups for the Bombers.

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Hey Cyber, didn't i tell you Monfries would be a good player!

Indeed.

He had good wraps on him, and from what I saw, such wraps were not unwarranted.

Looks very handy.

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
Indeed.

He had good wraps on him, and from what I saw, such wraps were not unwarranted.

Looks very handy.

Exactly and there is a reason why he is touted as a possible CAPTAIN! He is very good in all areas. Only thing he needs to work on is to go looking for the ball a bit more. 20 disposals is fine but he needs to start having 25-30 by the end of the year for mine!:)

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
but if you can break even in the middle with the Dogs and are willing to man them up, they're certainly very beatable.

Agree 100%

They have a sensational midfield and within 1-2 years it will be at least the equal of the Weagles midfield. If you get trounced in the centre, they are exceptionally hard to match up on across half forward as Richmond found in R1

Go 50-50 with them in the centre however, and I certainly think height can expose them (This year) in a huge, huge fashion.