What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL 2007 - Fixture (Official)

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Haha, nice to see Craig keeping the dream alive.

This forum hasn't seen this level of feistiness so late into October since, well, er, pretty much EVER, actually! :p

LMAO

I can't let Skunkish propaganda be posted unchallenged! Don't care what time of year it is!

Personally, I think your time spent in Canberra has let you forget just how much Pie Propaganda is thrown about the joint down here!

meltiger

First Grade
Collingwood Storm said:
we had most of our top line players out

Buckley?

I'm struggling for any other options here .......

The one dream I have in footy besides Richmond winning the premiership, is that you chokers stay off the GF winners list long enough for him to go his grave knowing he won a Norm Smith Medal in a losing GF team. Losing that GF to the side he left for Collingwood, solely because he wanted to 'Win Premierships'

Why anyone would sign with Collingwood if a premiership ring is their dream is beyond me. They only win 1 every 40 years or so :?

music_2000

Juniors
March 31 will be a logistical nightmare in Sydney. thanks AFL for making it one better. I like the prospect of seeing the Eagles and the Swans play at Telstra but not when I'll have to choose between the super 14 game of the season i.e. tahs v crusaders and swans v eagles

camsmith

Juniors
What can i say?

Same old same old. Once again Collingwood get a piss easy draw and once against Richmond will have to really earn a spot in the 8. I was looking forward to a trip to Brisbane this year (family just brought an apartment near there so accommodation would easy) and was hoping it would tie in with the (RL) State Of Origin.. but not to be.

I'll probably try to get to either the Port/Adelaide or West Cost/Freo games.. Haven't been to those grounds yet - Although Subiaco is much more tempting for obvious reasons.

Richmond have the most Sunday arvo (twilight) games of any and we are also one of the few clubs that play Sydney and West Coast twice! Also back-to-back trips to AAMI is never good.

One positive - More games at the G and first 7 or so games there.. Lets start the season now :D :D

meltiger

First Grade
First 5 are at the G

I'm struggling to remember any teams having to do AAMI back to back during the regular season.

I'll be doing all games bar Freo :)

meltiger

First Grade
Hopefully the Tigers have a Leichhardt game this year instead of Telstra when Richmond are up there :)

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
I'm struggling to remember any teams having to do AAMI back to back during the regular season.

I know the Kangaroos did Adelaide back-to-back in 2005.

It is uncommon, although there have been a few instances of 2 in 3 weeks recently.

meltiger

First Grade
Personally, I'm not overly phased on the team having to do it - May as well get them out of the way. I'm more concerned with my wallet! lol

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Personally, I'm not overly phased on the team having to do it - May as well get them out of the way. I'm more concerned with my wallet! lol

Just be grateful you're an independently wealthy type who can afford to spend your morning tea change on flitting across the countryside with the team.

Some of us battlers have to make-do with following the team on pay-TV.

My heart bleeds for myself, I'm fair dinkum haemmoraging here! :-({|= :badgrin:

meltiger

First Grade
LOL!

We must remember - I don't have a boss telling me not to spend my spare pennies on airfares :)

camsmith

Juniors
I want your job. ;)

I can probably only afford to travel once, maybe to Adelaide. Was thinking of flying up and back on the same day, ever done that? Would it be worth it?

Flights are $99 one way.... I've got a fair amount of time to think about it.

meltiger

First Grade
If you're going to do an in/out visit, I'd strongly recomend the Port game - Don't do it on the Friday night game against the Crows.

camsmith

Juniors
I couldn't do it Friday night anyway, the last flight back that i saw was around 9 or something...

O/T, have you got your membership package?

I remember you saying the reserved seats on tier 1 of the Olympic stand were great. Will you be getting the same thing next season?

$350 for all home games though....

meltiger

First Grade
camsmith said:
I couldn't do it Friday night anyway, the last flight back that i saw was around 9 or something...

O/T, have you got your membership package?

I remember you saying the reserved seats on tier 1 of the Olympic stand were great. Will you be getting the same thing next season?

$350 for all home games though....

Yeah I've re-signed mate. I go on the month by month payment plan to avoid the front up hit to the wallet. Plus the cut off date for Premium A seats (Renewals only) has passed I think, and I love love love my MCG seat, I never want to lose it.

I have -

• 17 game admission (Which really becomes 16 given you won't get into Kardinia Park without a pre-bought ticket),
  • Premium A Reserved Seat - 2nd level though, not bottom level.
  • Social Club to ensure if we did happen to fluke a GF appearance I am gauranteed a seat :cool:

All up, it comes to $56.83 per month.

Without Social Club though it would be $38.50

camsmith

Juniors
meltiger said:
Yeah I've re-signed mate. I go on the month by month payment plan to avoid the front up hit to the wallet. Plus the cut off date for Premium A seats (Renewals only) has passed I think, and I love love love my MCG seat, I never want to lose it.

I have -
  • 17 game admission (Which really becomes 16 given you won't get into Kardinia Park without a pre-bought ticket),
  • Premium A Reserved Seat - 2nd level though, not bottom level
  • Social Club to ensure if we did happen to fluke a GF appearance I am gauranteed a seat :cool:
All up, it comes to $56.83 per month.

Without Social Club though it would be $38.50

Sounds good. The date to get a reserved seat i think is about Nov 22.

Did you get to choose your MCG seat? I know you can choose in what section, but could you choose the exact seat?

We're (me and my old man) and still tossing up whether to get level 1 or ground level and sections A or C. The level 1 sounds good, only thing about reserved seats, if your sitting next to a tosser your stuck with them all year :crazy: :D

The Premium A on level one for 11 (maybe 17 depending on how many i think we can get too) games looks good.

Cheers.

meltiger

First Grade
camsmith said:
Did you get to choose your MCG seat? I know you can choose in what section, but could you choose the exact seat?

Not sure mate, I think with first timers, you have to wait until after renewals have all been processed (By their due date) - One option might be that they seem to have introduced a new category this year, where you sit in a designated section, but have no specific seat.

camsmith said:
only thing about reserved seats, if your sitting next to a tosser your stuck with them all year :crazy: :D

LMAO

Incomparable and I just argue with the tossers :D

Gotta say though - The Telstra Dome seats - If you have Level 2 there, they really become 'sit anywhere' seats, as the level never fills up.

camsmith

Juniors
Haha ok, thats good then.

We're going to call the club tomorrow and sort it out.

Will probably either be a Prem A for 11 games or Prem C for 17.. depending on where we can sit etc..

Thanks for the help.

*Edit, Booked and have great seats IMO. Olympic Stand, on the 50m line (ground level) halfway up. Now lets get the footy back on already :D!

meltiger

First Grade
camsmith said:
*Edit, Booked and have great seats IMO. Olympic Stand, on the 50m line (ground level) halfway up. Now lets get the footy back on already :D!

Halfway up? That'd be Prem C???

Where's your TD seats?