What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL - hypocrisy!

t-ba

Post Whore
Choppies said:
They probably got that figure by standing in Pitt st mall askin people whats the only AFL team they know. :lol:

University of Course...

LESStar58

Referee
LeagueXIII said:
Don't kid yourself that AFL gained ground in Sydney because of anything they did, it was because of the super league war (and the damage it did to all aspects of the game of RL).

amen to that. I often wonder what would have happened in the AFL if teams had been forced to merege or were cut as a result of the cancer News Limited bought to my game...

LESStar58

Referee
they are all repressed homosexuals...its all they can do til after the games when they give each other a congratulaionary/consoling blowjob....

Hindyscrack

Bench
Reg Reagan/ Matty Johns has taken to dissing the Waratahs and RU. I remember when he first started he called AFL a pussies game, but he doesn't anymore.

I think he is looking improve his national profile and bagging AFL wouldn't help that in the slightest.

Whereas bagging union wouldn't matter. He'd probably get more popular.

I think it was because his brother was on the show last night, and we all know how close he came to going to the kick and clappers

just taking the mickey out of him

_Johnsy

Referee
The add was shown on channel 10, and how dare they use an NRL/QRL/NSWRL image to promote their game. Interesting to see the NRL have been extremely silent on this one.

Nuke

Staff member
A few months ago, my League team here in Perth had a registration day at the local shopping centre. A AFL supporter came up to a team-mate of mine and said "why don't you play a real man's game mate?"

After a minute or so's discussion about certain dirty tactics of aussie rules (the gafl nice person was proud of his game's tactics), my team-mate replied: "Mate, if I'm gonna end you're career, you're gonna be facing me when I do it."

It was a classic comeback! That other guy had nothing to say to that, and just walked off! I hope to remember that quote till the day I die.

iggy plop

First Grade
Nuke said:
A few months ago, my League team here in Perth had a registration day at the local shopping centre. A AFL supporter came up to a team-mate of mine and said "why don't you play a real man's game mate?"

After a minute or so's discussion about certain dirty tactics of aussie rules (the gafl nice person was proud of his game's tactics), my team-mate replied: "Mate, if I'm gonna end you're career, you're gonna be facing me when I do it."

It was a classic comeback! That other guy had nothing to say to that, and just walked off! I hope to remember that quote till the day I die.

AFL sure is a sport for gutless wonders. There was a bloke playing on the weekend with piggy tails.