What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL Youngbloods 2006

CyberKev

Staff member
The aim of the Youngbloods side is to recognise the best side for 2006, based on players aged under 23 as at 30 September 2006. Players must also have played at least 10 AFL games to be eligible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
B: Andrew Raines (Rich), Ben Rutten (Adel), David Mundy (Freo)
HB: Jared Rivers (Melb), Matthew Maguire (St K), Luke Hodge (Haw)
C: Brett Deledio (Rich), Brock McLean (Melb), Daniel Wells (Kang)
HF: Lance Franklin (Haw), Travis Cloke (Coll), Danyl Pearce (Port)
F: Angus Monfries (Ess), Jay Schulz (Rich), Mark Seaby (WC)
Fo: David Hale (Kang), Chris Judd (WC), Luke Ball (St K)
I: Jarryd Roughead (Haw), Brad Sewell (Haw), Ryan Griffen (Bull), Justin Sherman (Bris)

Luke Ball would be captain of the side.

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Where is Judd FFS!

Oops.

Thought he was too old, but he makes it in by 3 weeks.

Have revised the side, dumping Heath Shaw to the Emergency list.

CyberKev

Staff member
And you've changed your tune, Locky...

Lockyno1 12/9/2005 said:
Luke Ablett has to be in there as well, Dyson and Monfries from Essendon. Those would be in my side. How is Judd a youngblood when he has won a Brownlow?

lockyno1

Post Whore
f**k Kev. You did explain it that you did it purely on age! I misinterpreted it the last time you did it! Judd has to be captain of this side! Its a disgrace if he is not!

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
f**k Kev. You did explain it that you did it purely on age! I misinterpreted it the last time you did it! Judd has to be captain of this side! Its a disgrace if he is not!

As if you'd have Judd captain ahead of Ball. Ball is scissor-sharp smart and as brave as any player out there.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Nup, I'd have Judd! He has actually led his team to a grand final! Please tell me what Ball has done! I'd love to hear it! He's a good player but no where near Chris Judd!

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Nup, I'd have Judd! He has actually led his team to a grand final! Please tell me what Ball has done! I'd love to hear it! He's a good player but no where near Chris Judd!

Yawn.

As if West Coast wouldn't have made it were they being led by the rightful man for the job, Dean Cox!

You've got to get over your obsession with Judd, mate.

He goes okay, but he's lucky to have his legspeed. Without it he would be struggling away on the fringes of the VFL.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Juddy adds the X-Factor to the West Coast team. Without him the could still win BUT they would struggle to win the close games that he wins off his own boot!

meltiger

First Grade
Get rid of David Mundy.

Purely for the fact that PavForAA sh!ts me up the wall.

I swear young Deledio must have f**ked his mum or sister the way he carries on lol

CyberKev

Staff member
Collingwood Storm said:
i'd have dale thomas ahead of both monfries and sewell

Sewell can play as a strong small defender and a speedy inside midfielder (Thomas can fill neither of these roles).

Thomas may have more potential, but Monfries has been stronger to this stage.

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Juddy adds the X-Factor to the West Coast team. Without him the could still win BUT they would struggle to win the close games that he wins off his own boot!

You really should be the media man for the PM, Locky.

Name me a single game that Judd has "won off his own boot"?

Power forwards like Carey & Brown do this, not goal a game midfielders with average skills.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hey remember the match wher the great man Juddy kicked 4 goals 1 behind and singlehandly won the match (it was in his 2nd yr). Jeez he was good!

meltiger

First Grade
Can you actually name the match? I'm struggling to find it. I can find the 5 goals he kicked that year in Brisbane ... When the Weagles won by 60!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Meh..lets add another thing that Ball doesn't have...premiership winning captain! GO JUDDY!

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Meh..lets add another thing that Ball doesn't have...premiership winning captain! GO JUDDY!

So can we take it that you're conceding that Judd has never won a game off his own boot then, Locky?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Nope, I'll try and find the game later today. I have been busy over the last few days. I am pretty sure it was in his 2nd year of footy though so it shouldn't be that hard to find! GO JUDDY!

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Nope, I'll try and find the game later today. I have been busy over the last few days. I am pretty sure it was in his 2nd year of footy though so it shouldn't be that hard to find! GO JUDDY!

I reckon its the game that Craig's referring to.

I do admire your obstinance, Lockmeister.

Don't wait for the PM to advertise for a new spin doctor, mate, contact his office directly and spruik yourself for a gig.

He doesn't know what he's missing out on. :p